REALFORCE RGB Revealed at Computex 2016

Muirium
µ

01 Jun 2016, 12:53

Security to the bridge. We have an intruder!

Topre Enthusiast

02 Jun 2016, 09:22

Some more pics and stuff here: http://www.gdm.or.jp/crew/2016/0601/164591
Finally they reveal what the slider and housing look like:

derzemel

02 Jun 2016, 09:40

why not make the slider transparent as well?

Topre Enthusiast

02 Jun 2016, 09:47

Hey man, come on...baby steps!
I guess that would probably be overkill and although I don't know much about plastic, I feel as though making the stem transparent too might actually make it brittle? Has anyone else done clear stems before?

Muirium
µ

02 Jun 2016, 10:47

The clear shell looks pretty cool actually. Even without LEDs.

Transparent sliders were exactly what I thought MX clear would be like, before I first saw them for real and had to adjust my expectations. Grr! Far as I know, no one has ever done true clear sliders. And yes it's said to be because clear plastics have different physical properties, not well suited to the grind of millions of keystrokes.

Now, what about the collar the Topre slider slides within? I'd expect the same requirements there. But it looks pretty clear in the pic. Perhaps it's bolstered by the rest of the switch shell enough to take it. The slider, meanwhile, must stand alone.

cookie

02 Jun 2016, 11:04

Sweet, I like the clear housing! Backlight isn't my cup of tea though but those Topre/MX slider are fantastic.
I'd be interested in the sliders!

Topre Enthusiast

02 Jun 2016, 11:14

More pics and an English write-up here: http://www.tomshardware.com/news/topre- ... 31961.html

Can clearly see the texture difference between the P# keys and the rest of the caps in the second shot.

Muirium
µ

02 Jun 2016, 11:45

That stencil font. On a Realforce! Nooooo…

TuxKey
LLAP

02 Jun 2016, 12:30

really dig the slider and housing look..50grams TKL programable PBT double shot ..please take my $$ :lol:

matt3o
-[°_°]-

02 Jun 2016, 12:35

Muirium wrote: That stencil font. On a Realforce! Nooooo…
they actually used two fonts... which is even worse.

cookie

02 Jun 2016, 13:08

hard to believe it gets worse than that!

Elrick

02 Jun 2016, 13:39

cookie wrote: hard to believe it gets worse than that!
Realforce could of always used RAZER's Gaming Font, if they were that perverted :D .

cookie

02 Jun 2016, 13:44

As long as they don't use RAZER's superior Gaming Technology :D

Topre Enthusiast

02 Jun 2016, 13:46

I refuse to believe that the final product will ship with those caps, man.
They *have* to be placeholders...

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

02 Jun 2016, 13:49

002 wrote: I refuse to believe that the final product will ship with those caps, man.
They *have* to be placeholders...
I believe it sure...either way I don't care because I'll never buy it anyway. Ugly rainbow.
Last edited by seebart on 02 Jun 2016, 20:07, edited 1 time in total.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

02 Jun 2016, 19:09

Muirium
µ

02 Jun 2016, 20:09

Mulder knew his memes, I'll give him that.

cryptix

17 Sep 2016, 23:00

More pics from Tokyo Game Show 2016.

1.5mm / 2.2mm /3.0mm

They're giving out keychain !

And a great review of the keyboard in Japanese :cry:

webwit
Wild Duck

17 Sep 2016, 23:08

What has the world come to? Realforce used to be "boring" no-nonsense office/banking keyboards. Aaaand... they are into Christmas trees, following the markets with the speed of a Japanese trapdoor snail. The entire fucking review is about the leds, it's all he talks about.

seebart

17 Sep 2016, 23:10

The RGB vomit gamers mech-market is where the $$$ is to be made and apparently Topre is going for it all the way. The "boring" days are over, the japs are going ballistic. :o
webwit wrote: The entire fucking review is about the leds, it's all he talks about.
Of course, they wanna be "cool" now for that crowd. :|

If they mutilate the current RF series with this RGB vomit I'm gonna go on a rampage.

Also the keyboard but specifically the keycaps are ugly. That font looks like some really bad sci-fi shit.
b54e6c8ecf3decddea13655ae0ca02aa.png
b54e6c8ecf3decddea13655ae0ca02aa.png (10.45 KiB) Viewed 5894 times

Findecanor

17 Sep 2016, 23:33

Shonen ar-ji-bi geimu-machin ne desu ne? :P

seebart

17 Sep 2016, 23:42

Findecanor wrote: Shonen ar-ji-bi geimu-machin ne desu ne? :P
たわごとませ根ません。

Elrick

18 Sep 2016, 11:12

002 wrote: Image
Now it looks like a Real, Yum-Cha, Razer-like keyboard, fresh out of some Shanghai Slum Factory.

What an immense let down here because the Corporate Management needs to desperately commit harakiri.

There is no pride for anyone in allowing this abortion to develop into an actual Product Line for Realforce.

Hang your heads in complete shame........

Chyros

18 Sep 2016, 12:44

They're going for the gamers obviously. Gaming keyboards is a hot item. You should see how many more views my linear bigfoot gaming keyboard video has compared to my other reviews :p .

davkol

18 Sep 2016, 12:53

Elrick wrote:
002 wrote: Image
Now it looks like a Real, Yum-Cha, Razer-like keyboard, fresh out of some Shanghai Slum Factory.
I disagree. It has a clean font (spacing could be better) and a clean case. Kinda like Filco Majestouch. Only the label above the tenkey looks weird IMHO.

zslane

18 Sep 2016, 18:24

I like the narrow bezel; as davkol says, it is very reminiscent of the Filco Majestouch which is my favorite keyboard so I have no objections there.

The keycaps I couldn't care less about. Stock keycaps never stay on my keyboards for longer than it takes to install some DSA or SA keycaps. This RealForce board could have keycaps with Comic Sans legends and I wouldn't even notice.

It's the RGB lighting that I can't stand. Thank the gods I'll be able to shut that nonsense off. But honestly, if having to turn off a juvenile backlighting feature is the price I have to pay for a 108-key full-size Topre board with MX stems, I'll gladly pay it.

Elrick

19 Sep 2016, 02:12

davkol wrote: I disagree. It has a clean font (spacing could be better) and a clean case. Kinda like Filco Majestouch.
Don't ever take the name of Filco and compare it to this DISASTER masquerading as a serious Keyboard because it will never be that.

For the Yum-Cha fanatics and there are some here on DT despite it being a 'so-called' haven for serious keyboard collectors. Just because it has "Vegas Lights" it suddenly attracts those from under their pillows, to come worship this latest monstrosity.

A real keyboard doesn't need any Lights, unless it has to compete with Razer Corp. Filco HAS and NEVER will go down that deformed, mentally challenged road of providing lights for the simple minded.

Serious keyboard collectors don't need lights, they WANT decent keyboards with great switches and Realforce has failed with both intentions.

Topre Enthusiast

19 Sep 2016, 10:07

Your comments are always absurdly vitriolic :lol:.
The new Realforce is not really that interesting to many of us who don't care for RGB but honestly that case is not really that bad. The caps are pretty 'meh', but aftermarket is an option with Cherry MX compatible stems. Everyone seems to be focusing on hating the LEDs and forgetting about the more interesting feature (IMO) which is the adjustable actuation point.

By the way, Filco have made ugly / gimmicky keyboards before:
Spoiler:

seebart

19 Sep 2016, 15:34

002 wrote: Your comments are always absurdly vitriolic :lol:.
The new Realforce is not really that interesting to many of us who don't care for RGB but honestly that case is not really that bad. The caps are pretty 'meh', but aftermarket is an option with Cherry MX compatible stems. Everyone seems to be focusing on hating the LEDs and forgetting about the more interesting feature (IMO) which is the adjustable actuation point.

Spoiler:
Agreed. I've made my opinion clear but it's preference after all. The manufacturers would not all go RGB if there was no market for it. I like a few lights on my keyboards but not that many and one color is just fine:
IMGP7254.JPG
IMGP7254.JPG (1003.82 KiB) Viewed 5721 times

Scottex

19 Sep 2016, 16:04

002 wrote: Your comments are always absurdly vitriolic :lol:.

Spoiler:
image.jpg
no legends and cut the top row and it looks decent

Return to “News”