Search found 3793 matches

by kbdfr
10 Oct 2019, 07:50
Forum: Want to buy
Topic: [Bought] Two 3u space bars + stabilizers
Replies: 7
Views: 189

Re: [WTB] Two 3u space bars + stabilizers

... this was a very good lead. I have ordered 2 POS boards that have 3u spacebars so I should have what I need cap wise, but these being POS boards I am not sure if they have stabs or if they just use multiple switches. I'll update once I find out since I'll either have mu stuff, or I will need sta...
by kbdfr
09 Oct 2019, 09:24
Forum: Keyboards
Topic: NIZ 87 & 108 RGB keyboard 35g
Replies: 5
Views: 317

Re: NIZ 87 & 108 RGB keyboard 35g

Is this a "Vendor" post, a "Marketplace" offer or a "Great Finds" hint?
by kbdfr
09 Oct 2019, 08:26
Forum: Want to buy
Topic: [Bought] Two 3u space bars + stabilizers
Replies: 7
Views: 189

Re: [WTB] Two 3u space bars + stabilizers

3u space bars fitting Cherry switches are common on Access-IS POS keyboards: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/132705666261 https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174052497850 https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/173878922949 https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/192489373253 I probably have a white one, but am unable to look for it at th...
by kbdfr
30 Sep 2019, 16:37
Forum: Want to buy
Topic: 7u cherry profile white ABS spacebar
Replies: 2
Views: 142

Re: 7u cherry profile white ABS spacebar

I have an original Cherry 7u ABS spacebar with centered middle stem, quite heavily yellowed but other than that in good condition,
which you can have for shipping costs (which unfortunately would amount to ~13€ as DHL/Deutsche Post now prohibit anything else than documents in letters).
by kbdfr
30 Sep 2019, 12:38
Forum: Keyboards
Topic: Can you find me a budget ISO keyboard?
Replies: 11
Views: 533

Re: Can you find me a budget ISO keyboard?

On Reddit, every time I mention ISO keebs I get downvoted to hell for some reason […] " keebs "? https://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/boese/a010.gif . . . […] It's not just your keycaps that are niche, ISO layout is too. As ISO is standard in most European countries, this seems to be quite a bold as...
by kbdfr
29 Sep 2019, 08:01
Forum: Gallery
Topic: Post your desktop.
Replies: 1725
Views: 148690

Re: Re:

Any recommendations for a nice office chair? Ultimate Chair Buying Resource Thread Interesting: I need a new chair. But we don't seem to have a chair discussion here and this topic isn't really the place! As a matter of fact, we even have two: https://deskthority.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5434 https...
by kbdfr
25 Sep 2019, 02:11
Forum: Keyboards
Topic: IDENTIFY THE KEYBOARD thread
Replies: 3810
Views: 214774

Re: IDENTIFY THE KEYBOARD thread

Noobmaen wrote:
24 Sep 2019, 22:14
Pretty sure it's a Preh rubberdome
I concur.
The keycaps on the numpad are Preh relegendables.
by kbdfr
23 Sep 2019, 14:35
Forum: Off-topic
Topic: kbdfr spotted in the wild
Replies: 7
Views: 753

Re: kbdfr spotted in the wild

Thanks Scarpia ;) but somehow it looks like a tombstone :? :o :shock: :lol: . Perhaps I should change my avatar to something looking like this (from the same source): https://i.imgur.com/zVRmIcw.jpg . .And just for the record, anyone expecting me to be "brownish" in any way is definitely wrong: gree...
by kbdfr
22 Sep 2019, 08:01
Forum: Off-topic
Topic: Keyboard Idea - LED Indicator Caps for every cap (formerly 1980s LED Backlit)
Replies: 5
Views: 695

Re: Keyboard Idea - If full LED Backlit existed in 1980s

I would suggest you edit the title of the thread and remove the word "backlit".
It would almost have deterred me from reading the thread at all :lol:
by kbdfr
22 Sep 2019, 07:54
Forum: Want to buy
Topic: Looking for a Portuguese «» keycap
Replies: 1
Views: 336

Re: Looking for a Portuguese «» keycap

Still looking for that «» keycap
by kbdfr
10 Sep 2019, 17:46
Forum: Vendors
Topic: Astrokeys Group Buy - Grab your favorite keycaps (:
Replies: 1
Views: 1533

Re: Astrokeys Group Buy - Grab your favorite keycaps (:

You obviously forgot to copy/paste the link from your massdrop post.
by kbdfr
07 Sep 2019, 19:41
Forum: Keyboards
Topic: Cherry G81-3009SAU
Replies: 7
Views: 1338

Re: Cherry G81-3009SAU

"U" in SAU means it's US layout.
Read our excellent wiki: wiki/Cherry_article_numbers
by kbdfr
06 Sep 2019, 13:58
Forum: Keyboards
Topic: Burn him at the stake
Replies: 43
Views: 2578

Re: Burn him at the stake

Muirium wrote:
06 Sep 2019, 11:40
You couched it well, my tasty chocolate friend, but your point remains that there’s something acutely irrational about IBM fans which compels them to polish a turd; as skilled as their polish may be. Their motive is your dispute. […]
.
0879.png
0879.png (1.32 KiB) Viewed 691 times
by kbdfr
06 Sep 2019, 11:20
Forum: Keyboards
Topic: Burn him at the stake
Replies: 43
Views: 2578

Re: Burn him at the stake

What I’m on about is the need many people have to assert that others who are into a thing are cultists / goofballs / morons. I find that kind of disrespect to be a window into their own anxiety. I wish they could grow up and we could all move on. But such is the sorry state of the world today. I me...
by kbdfr
06 Sep 2019, 09:03
Forum: Want to buy
Topic: WTB Relegendable KeyCaps for Tipro
Replies: 15
Views: 1059

Re: WTB Relegendable KeyCaps for Tipro

I now have bought one of these https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/123745744401 to be used as a foot switch as per my thread https://deskthority.net/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=22594&p=450621#p450621 which means the keycaps will be available. All of them have a (differently coloured and pad-printed) base with a tra...
by kbdfr
05 Sep 2019, 10:31
Forum: Off-topic
Topic: Unpopular opinions thread
Replies: 362
Views: 21512

Re: Unpopular opinions thread

Would you like it if we called MX the scratchy, steaming turd that it is? I wouldn’t object to that, even if I happen not to be affected. Hey, some Cherry fans lube them, exactly like IBM fans repair their (ahem…) crappy stuff :lol: As for brioche: love the stuff. We Europeans get some things right...
by kbdfr
05 Sep 2019, 10:19
Forum: Off-topic
Topic: Unpopular opinions thread
Replies: 362
Views: 21512

Re: Unpopular opinions thread

Calling IBM keyboards "crap" appears to be a highly unpopular opinion indeed :lol:
by kbdfr
05 Sep 2019, 10:17
Forum: Off-topic
Topic: Unpopular opinions thread
Replies: 362
Views: 21512

Re: Unpopular opinions thread

[…] Brioche is definitely not bread, it is cake. It belongs to the viennoiseries . So, when you eat a burger with brioche you are actually eating a paty inside a cake? :shock: Let me fix my unpopular opinion: Brioche fucking sucks. Eating a burger with brioche would be like eating a croissant with ...
by kbdfr
05 Sep 2019, 08:23
Forum: Keyboards
Topic: Comfort Keyboard? More like passing interest turned obssession!
Replies: 13
Views: 1304

Re: Comfort Keyboard? More like passing interest turned obssession!

Welcome! […] Can anyone give this noob journeyman direction? No doubt about that :D Unsurprisingly Findecanor was already here to help, and while I fail to understand even a quarter of the technical stuff you both posted, allow me to link a video by our distinguished member Chyros, hoping it will al...
by kbdfr
04 Sep 2019, 23:14
Forum: Off-topic
Topic: Unpopular opinions thread
Replies: 362
Views: 21512

Re: Unpopular opinions thread

[…] Your argument would imply you also yourself mend your clothes, resole your shoes and dispose of your septic tank sludge. […] Ah well played. :mrgreen: I honestly think you are the most correct. I actually have been breaking down my model f's into metal needles to mend my clothes. :mrgreen: I ev...
by kbdfr
04 Sep 2019, 23:03
Forum: Off-topic
Topic: Unpopular opinions thread
Replies: 362
Views: 21512

Re: Unpopular opinions thread

[…] I would say the flaws are due to the passage of time rather then a built in flaw, had the boards not worked from day 1 when they were made then yes i would agree that it was a flaw. However i doubt that any manufacturer that makes any product keeps a unit in less then favourable storage conditi...
by kbdfr
04 Sep 2019, 18:12
Forum: Off-topic
Topic: Unpopular opinions thread
Replies: 362
Views: 21512

Re: Unpopular opinions thread

depletedvespene wrote:
04 Sep 2019, 15:34
Anakey wrote:
04 Sep 2019, 15:31
well played kbdfr, can not argue as it would not be an 'unpopular' opinion
Sure, but opinions, unpopular or otherwise, need to be based on facts. And...
Well, would you argue the following are not IBM facts?
kbdfr wrote:
04 Sep 2019, 14:45
[…] built-in flaws like broken rivets or pulverized foam […]
by kbdfr
04 Sep 2019, 14:45
Forum: Off-topic
Topic: Unpopular opinions thread
Replies: 362
Views: 21512

Re: Unpopular opinions thread

Oh, and by the way: […] Do you shy from changing your car oil as well? […] Here again that's not my point. As a matter of fact, I simply drive my car and have the oil changed when necessary (even if changing car oil is normal maintenance and has nothing to do with fixing built-in flaws like broken r...
by kbdfr
04 Sep 2019, 08:21
Forum: Deskthority talk
Topic: DTA 2019 preparation
Replies: 31
Views: 3085

Re: DTA 2019 preparation

I would suggest simply forbidding off-topic posts in such a polling thread.
.
.
.
Image
by kbdfr
04 Sep 2019, 08:19
Forum: Off-topic
Topic: Unpopular opinions thread
Replies: 362
Views: 21512

Re: Unpopular opinions thread

[…] My point was that IBMs are prone to self-destruction, and that it’s precisely why DT members love them. Because they can prove (or exercise, as may be the case) their skills. Not their keyboard skills, by the way. That would essentially be… typing. […] […] What matter is it if the foam gets "di...
by kbdfr
03 Sep 2019, 19:55
Forum: Off-topic
Topic: Unpopular opinions thread
Replies: 362
Views: 21512

Re: Unpopular opinions thread

[…] You can't restore something to glory if it never had any The trouble with said Cherry boards, though, is those damn MX switches. The caps are nice, and the reliability is superb, but the meh is always in there, too. No one even bothers with any cherries other than MX for a reason, and the only ...
by kbdfr
03 Sep 2019, 16:54
Forum: Off-topic
Topic: Unpopular opinions thread
Replies: 362
Views: 21512

Re: Unpopular opinions thread

Another unpopular opinion: DT members love vintage IBM keyboards not in spite, but because of their poor quality. After all, everybody can buy a vintage Cherry keyboard which will work for decades, but it takes experts to bring the average vintage IBM keyboard back to functioning correctly, as shown...
by kbdfr
03 Sep 2019, 08:16
Forum: Off-topic
Topic: Unpopular opinions thread
Replies: 362
Views: 21512

Re: Unpopular opinions thread

[…] Brioche bread fucking sucks. Brioche is a pastry, not a bread. […] Calling brioche "bread" is a common error. Simply have a look at the wikipedia entry Qu'ils mangent de la brioche " "Let them eat cake " is the traditional translation of the French phrase "Qu'ils mangent de la brioche ", suppos...

Go to advanced search