Khers' collection

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

18 Jan 2017, 22:28

Khers wrote: Seen and noted. Trying my best to make sure you live up to it ;)
Now? :o Hmmm...no I don't think so. Sorry. :lol:

Khers

18 Jan 2017, 22:31

You tried to self-censor! I kept you out of it!

seebart

18 Jan 2017, 22:37

Khers wrote: You tried to self-censor! I kept you out of it!
Self-censorship?! That's an interesting subject. I'd say on about 25%-35% of my posts I change my mind on the content or refrain from the whole post. It's like pre-submit editing. Often I write the post before I finished thinking about the answer, that's why I edit so often and Mu gave me that "last edited by seebart" signature. But it's not really censorship.

Khers

18 Jan 2017, 22:46

seebart wrote: I tend to forget how many people "disappear" until I read the user names like just now...but that's NOT the topic here.
Evidently self-censoring in progress, trying to steer away from the subject by claiming it too off topic :evilgeek:

Seriously though, I thiught it was hilarious when at times you could see last edited by seebart on xxxx, edited 5 times in total below your posts ;)

seebart

18 Jan 2017, 22:50

I think 16 edits was my record. But that was in my GB so it doesn't really count. :mrgreen:

Khers

18 Jan 2017, 22:56

No, that doesn't really count and is not as impressive as five edits on a post in the middle of a thread. :)

Btw, my first post in this thread is currently at 27 edits...

seebart

18 Jan 2017, 23:01

Khers wrote: No, that doesn't really count and is not as impressive as five edits on a post in the middle of a thread. :)
Exactly! :mrgreen:
Khers wrote: Btw, my first post in this thread is currently at 27 edits...
Doesn't count since you have to update that sometimes.

Hypersphere

18 Jan 2017, 23:09

It is good to act derisively decisively on the strength of one’s conniptions convictions. ;)

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

18 Jan 2017, 23:10

XMIT wrote: I'm down to "only" 200 boards now in various states of repair. Maybe I'll fix them all. Maybe I'll sell nearly all of them. Maybe both. Time will tell.
The current number is 233 for me. I really need to make a collection thread of my own...

seebart

18 Jan 2017, 23:14

XMIT wrote: I really need to make a collection thread of my own...
Same here. Snuci did a really good job on his personal wiki page:

wiki/User:Snuci

PollandAkuma

19 Jan 2017, 23:29

seebart wrote:
XMIT wrote: I really need to make a collection thread of my own...
Same here. Snuci did a really good job on his personal wiki page:

wiki/User:Snuci
I want to do something like this just for fun :) though I am a newbie

seebart

19 Jan 2017, 23:37

PollandAkuma wrote: I want to do something like this just for fun :) though I am a newbie
That should not make any difference! Go for it! :P

PollandAkuma

19 Jan 2017, 23:59

seebart wrote:
PollandAkuma wrote: I want to do something like this just for fun :) though I am a newbie
That should not make any difference! Go for it! :P
Where though haha...

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

20 Jan 2017, 04:19

XMIT wrote:
XMIT wrote: I'm down to "only" 200 boards now in various states of repair. Maybe I'll fix them all. Maybe I'll sell nearly all of them. Maybe both. Time will tell.
The current number is 233 for me. I really need to make a collection thread of my own...
I did it!
photos-f62/xmit-s-keyboard-collection-t15682.html
https://goo.gl/photos/5phzWXQMQZ9jwcvD9

seebart

20 Jan 2017, 23:37

cookie

22 May 2017, 17:21

What's seen can't be unseen... those bug shells will hunt me in my nightmares now.

Khers

22 May 2017, 18:50

cookie wrote: What's seen can't be unseen... those bug shells will hunt me in my nightmares now.
:?:

MrDuul

24 May 2017, 13:26

Nice collection sir.

Khers

29 May 2017, 08:33

MrDuul wrote: Nice collection sir.
Thanks, Duul

MrDuul

29 May 2017, 11:37

Khers wrote:
MrDuul wrote: Nice collection sir.
Thanks, Duul
Are your IBM Model M SSK the ones with thicker backplate? The serial numbers are in the late 80s, isn't there difference to the ones in early 90s?

Khers

29 May 2017, 12:25

Don't know and don't care to be honest; they feel about the same and weigh about the same (both at a tad under 1.8kg). At the end of the day they're still mere Model Ms, good looking ones, but Model Ms nonetheless.

F is where it's at for IBMs, but usable layouts are scarce over here and most of them are way too large for my liking. LL was my saviour. I hope he and his family is well under the circumstances.

MrDuul

29 May 2017, 12:51

I will keep you posted on my Kishsaver coming in the mail!

Needs to be repaired.

seebart

29 May 2017, 12:52

AFAIK there are no differences with SSK's not sure about indy and Lexmark ones though although snuci recently said so too:

photos-f62/ibm-industrial-ssk-differences-t16586.html
snuci wrote:
seebart wrote: Did you ever weigh these I'd love to know how these compare to regular SSK's?
The internals look identical to the normal SSK keyboards. As far as I know, there's only two things that might make these "industrial". One would be to take them apart and see of there are any differences in the membranes. Sadly, that won't happen. The other is to check the components to see if they are industrial rated.

I've already taken all of my industrials apart when tey originally came from Ford, including the SSK keyboard above and I don't recall any components being industrial. Industrial rated components are specially made with higher tolerances that normal components. For example, integrated circuits (IC chips) have a higher and lower temperature rating; making them more robust and tolerable for extreme conditions. I did not see anything like this. To be fair, however, these components are usually found in military/space applications so I didn't expect to find those components.

All that said, I think the internals are identical to normal SSKs so weights would be the same. These industrial SSKs are in such small runs that I don't think it's feasible to be internally different anyway.

MrDuul

29 May 2017, 12:53

That sums up why I don't care for industrial version.

seebart

29 May 2017, 12:54

MrDuul wrote: That sums up why I don't care for industrial version.
Ohh in your case $$$ I would have thought otherwise...now your starting to impress me (slightly). :evilgeek:

MrDuul

29 May 2017, 12:59

seebart wrote:
MrDuul wrote: That sums up why I don't care for industrial version.
Ohh in your case $$$ I would have thought otherwise...now your starting to impress me (slightly). :evilgeek:
I am usually looking for function - form factor (small) - rarity.

I did put my pre-order in for the F66 Model F Reproduction however I will compare the two side by side in a review.

seebart

29 May 2017, 13:01

MrDuul wrote: I did put my pre-order in for the F66 Model F Reproduction however I will compare the two side by side in a review.
I've been waiting for that, most people do not own both of those. This is where you can impress us!

Khers

29 May 2017, 13:11

seebart wrote:
MrDuul wrote: I did put my pre-order in for the F66 Model F Reproduction however I will compare the two side by side in a review.
I've been waiting for that, most people do not own both of those. This is where you can impress us!
Only Ellipse, as he's currently the only one in possession of one of the reproductions ;)

MrDuul

29 May 2017, 13:16

Well I will be unbiased. I will be able to tell the difference quickly.

If it's dead on perfect reproduction 100%, people will still want a Kishsaver but it's value will drop.

Khers

29 May 2017, 16:23

Haha, if the quality of your HHKB review is anything to go by, I'd rather not waste my time. :maverick:

Return to “Gallery”