So a couple of hours ago the doorbell rang and it was the mailman with a nice package
Yep it's "Matias Ergo Pro time" ...
After sum vacuum cleaning and disinfectant cleaning of al parts .. yep i'm kind of anal when it comes to cleaning my stuff..
it was time to connect it to my computer.. (MacBook Pro connected to my 30inch screen) at first i had sum problems figuring out how to connect it. The extra usb ports kind of confused me at first and not seeing the little micro usb port didn't help.
But eventually i got it and connected it via my screen build in usb hub.
first reaction is "oh my god wil i ever get used to it???
First of the Num Lock key next to the (righthand side is a major f..ck up someone was clearly sleeping.
only solution is to remove that keycap and put it in the box hahaha ....
Second thing that surprised me was the left spacebar being the second backspace at first i was thinking what the hell..is going on..
yep i'm a bit slower on Saturday afternoon need a third shot of caffein
But i can see the benefit of having it there not that i'm fully used to it but than again it has only bin 40min..
Let's brake it down.
- packaging ; looks great nice job Matias and fellow keyboard geeks for keeping it clean and good looking
- keyboard construction ; i have to say i am impressed how wel it's holding out that's a testimony to it's quality after sum clean up it looks like new..
- keycap printing ; a bit dull on sum letters but overal in great condition.
- keycap feel ; a couple of min ago i was typing on my FC660m with mx-clears.. with thick dysub PBT caps.
yesterday is switched from my FC660C so i can get used to a heavier switch..
They keys wobble a bit more on the Matias and this keyboard would be helped by sum nice thick pbt love..
i think it would improve the sound profile and eliminate sum wobble and perhaps sum of the resonance i'm hearing when i bottom out.
- switches ; that's a difficult one perhaps to early to say but they seem a bit lighter than my mx-clears.
one thing i did notice in regards to the difference between mx-clears and these Matias switches is that going past the actuation point one key press at a time i noticed that key presses don't register after the tactile bump (don't know if i'm explaining this correctly?) the switches don't feel as consistent as my mx-clear board.
- keyboard layout and extra function keys ; all the cut,copy,paste function keys don't seem to work on my osx 10.9 machine.
F1,F2,F3,F4 with and without fn key also don't work so no brightness control and so on...
Only thing that seems to work is volume up/down and mute. hahaha...
The wrist wrests are awesome btw..don't know how long they would last being made of soft material not leather or wood..
But they feel freaking awesome.. and as long as Matias provides replacements for this board there is no problem there.
i would recommend they make a couple of hard ones that perhaps last longer...
As this is my first day typing on this board these thoughts are not final..
here are sum picks..