NovaTouch TKL European Tour - Vote for Winner

Winner of the best review/impression of the NovaTouch TKL Tour

Poll ended at 18 Jan 2016, 12:37

1. wlhm (Germany)
4
6%
2. jou (Germany)
0
No votes
3. Eszett (Germany)
0
No votes
4. Nuum (Germany)
1
1%
5. Madhias (Austria)
0
No votes
6. Hal (Austria) - ANSI
1
1%
7. IanM (UK)
0
No votes
8. RoastPotatoes (UK)
0
No votes
9. Andrewjoy, (UK)
1
1%
10. shpinx (Portugal)
27
40%
11. Spikebolt (Portugal)
32
48%
12. chzel (Greece)
0
No votes
13. cookie (Germany)
1
1%
 
Total votes : 67
Hey Everyone!

The NovaTouch TKL has gone all across the European continent and is on it today arrived back to me! And actually I have to say guys you took good care of it! I expected to receive it back in worse conditions! Guess we made a quality keyboard :mrgreen:

So, who in your opinion made the best impression or review? Who was the most creative, or had the best insight? Who deserves to win a NovaTouch TKL? Voting per the Poll right here!!

Image

Voting can be done until the 18th!! After that I will dispatch a brand new NovaTouch TKL to the winner 8-)

Only thing remaining for me to say is thank you for participating and involving activly in the tour thread!
CM Bram
User avatar
Cooler Master Employee

Unread post08 Jan 2016, 12:37

User avatar
X
CM Bram
Cooler Master Employee
 
Posts: 416
Joined: 22 Nov 2013, 15:45
Location: Netherlands
Main keyboard: MasterKeys Pro S RGB
Main mouse: CM Storm Xornet II
Favorite switch: Topre 45g (NovaTouch TKL)
Club member: -
 
CM Bram wrote:
Only thing remaining for me to say is thank you for participating and involving activly in the tour thread!

Apparently i missed this EU Tour.. :cry: :cry:

A while back i tried the NovaTouch from a reseller here in Netherland called Informatique.
http://www.informatique.nl/545374/cm-st ... h-tkl.html

After seeing the commercial clip on youtube ..I was pumped !! hahahah
It seemed more like a teaser for a new StarTrek movie than a commercial ahhaha..
Please give my compliments to whomever had a hand in that great production..
https://youtu.be/2rJ9f0BH8kw

Well as mentioned earlier i tried the NovaTouch for a second standing in a store..
While a kid working there was hovering over me and my wife like a vulture..
He was apparently amassed by the price and level of packaging, he also had no clue what a key-cap puller was.
Until my wife told him "That's a key-cap puller" hahahha :) Can you imagine a girl that has no intrest in anything having to do with tech or keyboards telling someone that works at a computer store what a key-cap puller is for ?? dear god !!

Well he put the keyboard on the counter top and i had 1second to type on it..Like that would be any help.
So the keyboard felt a bit light and flimsy to tell you the truth..

Many people told me that i should't judge a keyboard having used it for a second.. :|
And in truth i do agree with that..

I tried the Leopold FC660C and loved it..But what i don't like is the fact that i would have to pay $140 just to get a keycap set.. That's outrageously expensive..

So i do like the compatibility with mx keycaps..
Perhaps with sum modding like silencing the NovaTouch could be a winner..
Alas i missed this EU tour...

I'm considering the RealForce 87U and the Leopold FC660C.
There is a Tour for a full size RealForce perhaps i'l give that a try..

Wil you be opening a new tour ??
TuxKey
User avatar
LLAP

Unread post11 Jan 2016, 15:28

User avatar
X
TuxKey
LLAP
 
Posts: 290
Joined: 04 Jun 2014, 19:59
Location: Netherlands
Main keyboard: Leopold FC660C, Leopold FC660M mx-clears
Main mouse: Apple Magic Trackpad, ducky Secret (PBT mouse)
Favorite switch: Cherry MX-clear, Topre 45gr/55gr
Club member: 0137
 
Hahah, wow, that Novatouch ad is something else. I half-expected something like "NOVATOUCH TKL -- RETURN OF THE DOMES" at the end.
scottc
User avatar

Unread post11 Jan 2016, 15:38

User avatar
X
scottc
 
Posts: 5364
Joined: 06 Oct 2013, 21:09
Location: Remote locations in Europe
Main keyboard: GH60-HASRO 62g Nixies, HHKB Pro1 HS, Novatouch
Main mouse: Steelseries Rival 300
Favorite switch: Nixdorf 'Soft Touch' MX Black
Club member: 0081
 
scottc wrote:Hahah, wow, that Novatouch ad is something else. I half-expected something like "NOVATOUCH TKL -- RETURN OF THE DOMES" at the end.

From what I've been reading the real line should be "NOVATOUCH TKL -- THE RATTLE IS STRONG WITH THESE DOMES". :mrgreen:
seebart
User avatar
Offtopicthority Instigator

Unread post11 Jan 2016, 15:42

User avatar
X
seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator
 
Posts: 10844
Joined: 22 Nov 2013, 20:20
Location: Germany
Main keyboard: Rotation
Main mouse: Steelseries Sensei
Favorite switch: IBM capacitive buckling spring
Club member: 0061
 
samsam wrote:
CM Bram wrote:
Only thing remaining for me to say is thank you for participating and involving activly in the tour thread!

Apparently i missed this EU Tour.. :cry: :cry:

A while back i tried the NovaTouch from a reseller here in Netherland called Informatique.
http://www.informatique.nl/545374/cm-st ... h-tkl.html

After seeing the commercial clip on youtube ..I was pumped !! hahahah
It seemed more like a teaser for a new StarTrek movie than a commercial ahhaha..
Please give my compliments to whomever had a hand in that great production..
https://youtu.be/2rJ9f0BH8kw

Well as mentioned earlier i tried the NovaTouch for a second standing in a store..
While a kid working there was hovering over me and my wife like a vulture..
He was apparently amassed by the price and level of packaging, he also had no clue what a key-cap puller was.
Until my wife told him "That's a key-cap puller" hahahha :) Can you imagine a girl that has no intrest in anything having to do with tech or keyboards telling someone that works at a computer store what a key-cap puller is for ?? dear god !!

Well he put the keyboard on the counter top and i had 1second to type on it..Like that would be any help.
So the keyboard felt a bit light and flimsy to tell you the truth..

Many people told me that i should't judge a keyboard having used it for a second.. :|
And in truth i do agree with that..

I tried the Leopold FC660C and loved it..But what i don't like is the fact that i would have to pay $140 just to get a keycap set.. That's outrageously expensive..

So i do like the compatibility with mx keycaps..
Perhaps with sum modding like silencing the NovaTouch could be a winner..
Alas i missed this EU tour...

I'm considering the RealForce 87U and the Leopold FC660C.
There is a Tour for a full size RealForce perhaps i'l give that a try..

Wil you be opening a new tour ??


I loved reading your story! And since you mentioned Informatique I am assuming you are from NL? If so, our EU HQ is actually located in Eindhoven, NL and also we have a CM corner in the local paradigit just arround the corner where you can also have a moment to test the NovaTouch TKL!

Plans for a second tour, not yet, but if the interest is there, why not? :mrgreen:
CM Bram
User avatar
Cooler Master Employee

Unread post12 Jan 2016, 12:44

User avatar
X
CM Bram
Cooler Master Employee
 
Posts: 416
Joined: 22 Nov 2013, 15:45
Location: Netherlands
Main keyboard: MasterKeys Pro S RGB
Main mouse: CM Storm Xornet II
Favorite switch: Topre 45g (NovaTouch TKL)
Club member: -
 
CM Bram wrote:
I loved reading your story! And since you mentioned Informatique I am assuming you are from NL? If so, our EU HQ is actually located in Eindhoven, NL and also we have a CM corner in the local paradigit just arround the corner where you can also have a moment to test the NovaTouch TKL!

Plans for a second tour, not yet, but if the interest is there, why not? :mrgreen:

Thx for your reply..

Yes i live in NL In "Den Haag" Near the cost actually. That's 1,5 so 3hours drive from Eindhoven.
Also i find ParaDigit to be expensive. Thy want €180 for the NovaTouch thats $195 !!
Nuts if you ask me, that's as much as a new RealForce 87U.
Not all stores are this crazy mind you ..Others sell it for €125 thats $136 a bit better..
I know i know there is something like recommended retail price , and so forth doesn't really matter ;)
Let's continue..

So yesterday i bought the Leopold FC660C topre keyboard because i love the Size.. And i own the FC660M with mx-clears.

There are a couple things on my mind i wish to share with you and of course anyone reading this post :D .
As mentioned i had a brief moment typing on the NovaTouch and that wasn't a real good experience mainly because of the setting and the short time..

But after reading this post and seeing earlier posts in regards to modding i Started to see the a different site of the NovaTouch..

According to a couple of people these rings really improve the feel and sound of the NovaTouch
help-f53/silencing-rings-for-topre-rf-or-hhkb-t10051.html

And there is a keycap set that is supposedly the best one to use with this keyboard..
"Signature Plastics SA profile Thick ABS"
https://youtu.be/v93601o3FKA
Adding sum dampening material this keyboard could possibly be the greatest invention since sliced bread hahaha :ugeek:


In summary To mod this keyboard the way i would do..Would cost you an additional;

$50 best Keycaps for this board
$65 Topre rings
$30 Silens material like VibraFlex mats to cut and stick to the inside of the case.

Total $145 on top of the Store Price..So if the NovaTouch were around $110 it would be ideal for a pimp up mod project like this.. Competing and surpassing the likes of RealForce And Leopold ..

Because one awesome thing about the NovaTouch is that you can use Stock Cherry mx caps..

I would even go so far an try to trow in a teensy to make if fully programable using a OpenSource solution provided by the guys from InputClub.. So no need for expensive R&D hahaha..

Well that's my view of this keyboard with great Potential.. Of course it would take a great deal of time and effort..
But it would be like modding your Case..
TuxKey
User avatar
LLAP

Unread post14 Jan 2016, 14:11

User avatar
X
TuxKey
LLAP
 
Posts: 290
Joined: 04 Jun 2014, 19:59
Location: Netherlands
Main keyboard: Leopold FC660C, Leopold FC660M mx-clears
Main mouse: Apple Magic Trackpad, ducky Secret (PBT mouse)
Favorite switch: Cherry MX-clear, Topre 45gr/55gr
Club member: 0137
 
It doesn't take a genius to see that something fishy is going on with this poll. We checked the database and the results have been indeed tampered. CoolerMaster have been alerted.
matt3o
User avatar
-[°_°]-

Unread post19 Jan 2016, 14:13

User avatar
X
matt3o
-[°_°]-
 
Posts: 8344
Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 15:14
Location: Italy
Main keyboard: WhiteFox
Main mouse: Anywhere MX
Favorite switch: Anything, really
Club member: 0030
 
 
This signature intentionally left blank...
matt3o wrote:It doesn't take a genius to see that something fishy is going on with this poll. We checked the database and the results have been indeed tampered. CoolerMaster have been alerted.

I asked a lot of coworkers and friends to vote for me, but looks like i didn't have enough friends :(

But it was all 100% real people that registered and voted.
sphinx
User avatar
Major Bummer

Unread post19 Jan 2016, 14:47

User avatar
X
sphinx
Major Bummer
 
Posts: 314
Joined: 16 Feb 2015, 11:05
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Club member: -
 
matt3o wrote:It doesn't take a genius to see that something fishy is going on with this poll. We checked the database and the results have been indeed tampered. CoolerMaster have been alerted.

It's obvious that I shared this on facebook and asked a lot of people to vote for myself but I'm not sure you can consider this as "tampering" the results :\
Last edited by Spikebolt on 19 Jan 2016, 14:57, edited 1 time in total.
Spikebolt
User avatar
√(4) != -2

Unread post19 Jan 2016, 14:57

User avatar
X
Spikebolt
√(4) != -2
 
Posts: 1120
Joined: 23 May 2014, 08:23
Location: Portugal
Main keyboard: HHKB2 Pro
Main mouse: Roccat Kone Xtd
Favorite switch: Topre (so far)
Club member: -
 
Eurovision was cooler when each nation still had a jury…
Muirium
User avatar
µ

Unread post19 Jan 2016, 14:57

User avatar
X
Muirium
µ
 
Posts: 22409
Joined: 03 Feb 2013, 10:11
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Main keyboard: IBM 4704 Kishsaver
Main mouse: Apple Magic Trackpad
Favorite switch: Gotta Try 'Em All
Club member: -
 
multiple votes come from the same IP, most votes come from 0-post users. I alerted Bram, he will proceed at his discretion. if he is okay with it, I'm okay with it.

We could group the votes by IP, or we could exclude 0-post users. Up to him. He asked to check on this, so we did.
matt3o
User avatar
-[°_°]-

Unread post19 Jan 2016, 15:15

User avatar
X
matt3o
-[°_°]-
 
Posts: 8344
Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 15:14
Location: Italy
Main keyboard: WhiteFox
Main mouse: Anywhere MX
Favorite switch: Anything, really
Club member: 0030
 
 
This signature intentionally left blank...
Excluding 0-post users is a good way to go imho :P
nodehakah

Unread post19 Jan 2016, 15:19

X
nodehakah
 
Posts: 1
Joined: 11 Jan 2016, 15:57
Location: Oxford
 
nodehakah wrote:Excluding 0-post users is a good way to go imho :P

I totally agree
pfcgeraldes

Unread post19 Jan 2016, 15:22

X
pfcgeraldes
 
Posts: 1
Joined: 11 Jan 2016, 15:54
Location: Lisboa
Main keyboard: Mac keyboard
Main mouse: Magic Mouse
Favorite switch: Topre
 
One upside: this is a learning experience for how to prevent vote gaming in the future. I'd like to have a fix in software: accounts can only vote if they were registered before a poll began. But I'd like a unicorn too, and I'm sure I never asked for this 12 inch pianist that keeps following me around…
Muirium
User avatar
µ

Unread post19 Jan 2016, 15:22

User avatar
X
Muirium
µ
 
Posts: 22409
Joined: 03 Feb 2013, 10:11
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Main keyboard: IBM 4704 Kishsaver
Main mouse: Apple Magic Trackpad
Favorite switch: Gotta Try 'Em All
Club member: -
 
Muirium wrote:One upside: this is a learning experience for how to prevent vote gaming in the future. I'd like to have a fix in software: accounts can only vote if they were registered before a poll began. But I'd like a unicorn too, and I'm sure I never asked for this 12 inch pianist that keeps following me around…

Usually forums only let you vote after you have a certain amount of posts
sphinx
User avatar
Major Bummer

Unread post19 Jan 2016, 15:24

User avatar
X
sphinx
Major Bummer
 
Posts: 314
Joined: 16 Feb 2015, 11:05
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Club member: -
 
unicorns are heinous!
matt3o
User avatar
-[°_°]-

Unread post19 Jan 2016, 15:26

User avatar
X
matt3o
-[°_°]-
 
Posts: 8344
Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 15:14
Location: Italy
Main keyboard: WhiteFox
Main mouse: Anywhere MX
Favorite switch: Anything, really
Club member: 0030
 
Well I voted for sphinx as well and we are from the same IP, as we work on the same company. IP grouping wouldn't be wise, I'd say.

Although I do think 0-posts or accounts created before the poll are both two good metrics to filter out some votes.
f4810

Unread post19 Jan 2016, 15:30

X
f4810
 
Posts: 10
Joined: 10 Mar 2015, 13:28
Main keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire Pro (Red MX)
Main mouse: SteelSeries Kana v2
Favorite switch: Cherry MX Brown
 
Re: zero post voting. Most forums are kinda shitty, mind. We give brand new users a lot of rights here, instead of discriminating against them. If they go wrong, we set Mr. Tipro on them!
Muirium
User avatar
µ

Unread post19 Jan 2016, 15:31

User avatar
X
Muirium
µ
 
Posts: 22409
Joined: 03 Feb 2013, 10:11
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Main keyboard: IBM 4704 Kishsaver
Main mouse: Apple Magic Trackpad
Favorite switch: Gotta Try 'Em All
Club member: -
 
f4810 wrote:Well I voted for sphinx as well and we are from the same IP, as we work on the same company. IP grouping wouldn't be wise, I'd say.

Although I do think 0-posts or accounts created before the poll are both two good metrics to filter out some votes.

14 votes coming from the same IP all new users. c'mon! :D we can show proof
matt3o
User avatar
-[°_°]-

Unread post19 Jan 2016, 15:33

User avatar
X
matt3o
-[°_°]-
 
Posts: 8344
Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 15:14
Location: Italy
Main keyboard: WhiteFox
Main mouse: Anywhere MX
Favorite switch: Anything, really
Club member: 0030
 
matt3o wrote:
f4810 wrote:Well I voted for sphinx as well and we are from the same IP, as we work on the same company. IP grouping wouldn't be wise, I'd say.

Although I do think 0-posts or accounts created before the poll are both two good metrics to filter out some votes.

14 votes coming from the same IP all new users. c'mon! :D we can show proof

They are all real people i swear.. You have no idea the amount of beers i owe this people now..
sphinx
User avatar
Major Bummer

Unread post19 Jan 2016, 15:33

User avatar
X
sphinx
Major Bummer
 
Posts: 314
Joined: 16 Feb 2015, 11:05
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Club member: -
 
matt3o wrote:multiple votes come from the same IP, most votes come from 0-post users. I alerted Bram, he will proceed at his discretion. if he is okay with it, I'm okay with it.

We could group the votes by IP, or we could exclude 0-post users. Up to him. He asked to check on this, so we did.

I think Grouping votes by IP is unfair since users may be at the same place. :)
razuke

Unread post19 Jan 2016, 15:34

X
razuke
 
Posts: 2
Joined: 11 Jan 2016, 16:52
Location: portugal
Main keyboard: logitech k120
Main mouse: logitech
 
Bram didn't enforced any rule to begin with. It's actually his fault. Still, this is the pretty clear situation.

At the very least I believe he should drop 0-posts user votes, but it's totally up to him. I did a ballpark estimate and without new users the votes are like 5 total (spread within the two).
matt3o
User avatar
-[°_°]-

Unread post19 Jan 2016, 15:39

User avatar
X
matt3o
-[°_°]-
 
Posts: 8344
Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 15:14
Location: Italy
Main keyboard: WhiteFox
Main mouse: Anywhere MX
Favorite switch: Anything, really
Club member: 0030
 
 
This signature intentionally left blank...
Muirium wrote:Re: zero post voting. Most forums are kinda shitty, mind. We give brand new users a lot of rights here, instead of discriminating against them. If they go wrong, we set Mr. Tipro on them!

No way. Anybody wanting to be able to influence a poll in the future can register an account and post a few times ("nice board", "love that pic" and the like).
sphinx wrote:[…] They are all real people i swear.. You have no idea the amount of beers i owe this people now..

I would say this is a fair definition for vote tampering :lol:
kbdfr
User avatar
The Tiproman

Unread post19 Jan 2016, 15:41

User avatar
X
kbdfr
The Tiproman
 
Posts: 4532
Joined: 24 Mar 2011, 13:06
Location: Berlin, Germany
Main keyboard: Tipro MID-QM-128A + two Tipro matrix modules
Main mouse: Contour Rollermouse Pro
Favorite switch: Cherry black
Club member: 0010
 
kbdfr wrote:
Muirium wrote:Re: zero post voting. Most forums are kinda shitty, mind. We give brand new users a lot of rights here, instead of discriminating against them. If they go wrong, we set Mr. Tipro on them!

No way. Anybody wanting to be able to influence a poll in the future can register an account and post a few times ("nice board", "love that pic" and the like).
sphinx wrote:[…] They are all real people i swear.. You have no idea the amount of beers i owe this people now..

I would say this is a fair definition for vote tampering :lol:

They were all in full possession of their cognitive abilities.
sphinx
User avatar
Major Bummer

Unread post19 Jan 2016, 15:42

User avatar
X
sphinx
Major Bummer
 
Posts: 314
Joined: 16 Feb 2015, 11:05
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Club member: -
 
While gagged?
Muirium
User avatar
µ

Unread post19 Jan 2016, 15:44

User avatar
X
Muirium
µ
 
Posts: 22409
Joined: 03 Feb 2013, 10:11
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Main keyboard: IBM 4704 Kishsaver
Main mouse: Apple Magic Trackpad
Favorite switch: Gotta Try 'Em All
Club member: -
 
 
We are real people over here!!!
eskiloide

Unread post19 Jan 2016, 15:45

X
eskiloide
 
Posts: 1
Joined: 11 Jan 2016, 16:43
Location: Portugal
Main keyboard: poker 3
Main mouse: microsoft mouse
Favorite switch: mx blue
 
Muirium wrote:While gagged?

Our company has a strict "no gagging" rule during work hours. All forms of BDSM take place after 18:00.
sphinx
User avatar
Major Bummer

Unread post19 Jan 2016, 15:45

User avatar
X
sphinx
Major Bummer
 
Posts: 314
Joined: 16 Feb 2015, 11:05
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Club member: -
 
sphinx wrote:
kbdfr wrote:
sphinx wrote:[…] They are all real people i swear.. You have no idea the amount of beers i owe this people now..

I would say this is a fair definition for vote tampering :lol:

They were all in full possession of their cognitive abilities.

No doubt:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electoral_fraud#Vote_buying
kbdfr
User avatar
The Tiproman

Unread post19 Jan 2016, 15:46

User avatar
X
kbdfr
The Tiproman
 
Posts: 4532
Joined: 24 Mar 2011, 13:06
Location: Berlin, Germany
Main keyboard: Tipro MID-QM-128A + two Tipro matrix modules
Main mouse: Contour Rollermouse Pro
Favorite switch: Cherry black
Club member: 0010
 
Just wanted to add that I crossed path with both the Portuguese guys and I'm pretty confident they've been just... over-enthusiastic and no harm were meant. but still...

anyway the point is not much the 0-votes, people who registered after the poll has been published shouldn't be allowed to vote.
matt3o
User avatar
-[°_°]-

Unread post19 Jan 2016, 15:50

User avatar
X
matt3o
-[°_°]-
 
Posts: 8344
Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 15:14
Location: Italy
Main keyboard: WhiteFox
Main mouse: Anywhere MX
Favorite switch: Anything, really
Club member: 0030
 
 
This signature intentionally left blank...
Now can we implement that in the forum software? Because that would be perfect!
Muirium
User avatar
µ

Unread post19 Jan 2016, 15:52

User avatar
X
Muirium
µ
 
Posts: 22409
Joined: 03 Feb 2013, 10:11
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Main keyboard: IBM 4704 Kishsaver
Main mouse: Apple Magic Trackpad
Favorite switch: Gotta Try 'Em All
Club member: -
 
 
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest