[Vendor] Black plum nano75 45g capacitive keyboard with side print POM keycap

Hi

I already had the posts in " keyboard" section to open discussions on this keyboard long ago.
Now it is available for ordering , so I just repeat it here for order indication.

Keyboard details:
- 45g switch;
- black keyboard with POM side print keycap,cherry height;
- wire connection only, detachable cable,micro usb;
- full keyboard programmable, mac add-on keycap;
- and more in the manual.

Special price offer for DT users.
PM me if interested.

Order in my shop here
OR via paypal if you prefer.

Photo as attached.
Attachments
IMG_20170729_113042.jpg
IMG_20170729_112651.jpg
IMG_20170729_112500.jpg
IMG_20170729_112419.jpg
mech greenhand

Unread post29 Jul 2017, 15:17

X
mech greenhand

Main keyboard: keycool
Main mouse: ibm
Favorite switch: blue
DT Pro Member: -

Looks really snazzy in black! With POM keycaps, keyboard looks good to use for work without even changing caps. 8-)

PM'd

PS: With Bluetooth's ongoing security issues, in my current line of work I actually appreciate the omission of wireless connectivity on this model
shreebles
Finally 60%

Unread post30 Jul 2017, 13:17

X
shreebles
Finally 60%

Main keyboard: FaceW 45g Silent Red /NerD60 MX Red
Main mouse: Logitech G303 / GPro (home) MX Anywhere 2 (work)
Favorite switch: Silent Red, Old Browns, Buckling Spring,
DT Pro Member: 0094

Pls kindly note the firmware of the wired model and bluetooth model is not interchangeable. Do not mix them..
mech greenhand

Unread post02 Aug 2017, 14:28

X
mech greenhand

After getting this board a few weeks ago I swiftly received the firmware from mech greenhand via e-mail.
So far so good... I thought.

Recently it has given me nothing but troubles, it's extremely unreliable and feels more like a prototype than a finished product.

It is not as reliable as the new Bluetooth version.

Issues include:

1. Phantom keypresses.
This is annoying and undesirable. The keyboard sometimes inserts random keypresses without user interaction, see video below.

2. Dropped keystrokes.
This makes it unusable. Not all keypresses made are accepted. Rapid keypresses are often dropped = unusable for gaming.
Also, the space bar stops working randomly = unusable for typing.

I hope to get help from greenhand directly, as I ordered directly from him and paid via Paypal, not Aliexpress.
The price was good, friendly communication, but the product it seems is faulty.

Is there a newer firmware I can try?
Otherwise it seems this board is defective, hope to get some help here.
shreebles
Finally 60%

Unread post21 Sep 2017, 11:34

X
shreebles
Finally 60%

Hello, thanks for your feedbacks.

I just send you another email with more details about the phantom keypress.
The keyboard you got do have risk of auto keypressing. Plum have taken back all the keyboards in my warehouse and made complete check of all keyboards.
Actually zzuper had same issue as yours and I sent him photo to show possible position in the keyboard for cause.( think he fixed it finally).
Hope the photo helps you.

This bug is from the new function integrated in the keyboard (2mm &3mm stroke interchange ). It was not there in the old RGB version..

If finally it still does not work out, you can send it back to me and i will replace you with a new one..
Sorry for all the troubles.
mech greenhand

Unread post21 Sep 2017, 16:07

X
mech greenhand

Oh if you return, we will pay for the return shipping. They found out this bug after we send you the keyboard, so we could not hold back your keyboard at that time
mech greenhand

Unread post21 Sep 2017, 16:11

X
mech greenhand

Thank you greenhand. Say what you will about these boards, your support has always been A+.

I received this picture
Spoiler:
2.jpg

So, yes. My problem was exactly of the same nature. Upon opening the board, I found the aluminum to have bent upwards in several places. As I was planning to glue the whole aluminum sheet back in with new glue, I took the whole sheet out.

Now, without putting the sheet back in, I tested the board and found it's functionality was returned 100%.

So, can you tell me what this sheet does and why it's there? I understand it's for grounding, as the little spring that makes a connection to the plate is labeled such. However, when removing the sheet I found it's not connected to anything, it connects to the PCB via the spring but then it's simply glued down in the plastic case. How does that make the PCB grounded when it doesn't receive a grounding wire from the keyboard cable?

Why does this board have it and the Bluetooth version does not?

Can I operate the board without the aluminum sheet or is that problematic in any way?

Either way thanks for your help and, once again, your swift and friendly communication via e-mail.

EDIT: Nevermind, the problems came back after a few hours, which leads me to believe the problems have nothing to do with the aluminum sheet. Sent e-mail again, hope to try flashing firmware again before I have to give up on this one...
shreebles
Finally 60%

Unread post21 Sep 2017, 18:18

X
shreebles
Finally 60%

Hi, sent you the email ... From the engineer, cut off the arrow marked area and update with new firmware is supposed to fix the bug. If not, return to factory seems to be the last thing to do...
mech greenhand

Unread post22 Sep 2017, 17:20

X
mech greenhand

Thanks mech greenhand. I followed your instructions exactly and it seems it only has to do with the metal sheet (firmware was already up to date).

After cutting off the little area you mentioned I glued the sheet back in and now find the keyboard to be in normal working condition again. :)

This is odd but according to your mail the increased resistance of the sheet is necessary to operate the keyboard. It works now, if I ever get the same problems in the future I will check for proper fit of the aluminum sheet.

Thanks!
shreebles
Finally 60%

Unread post23 Sep 2017, 08:53

X
shreebles
Finally 60%

Just got received one of these keyboards secondhand and I'm having the same issue. Double key-presses for one hit. Is my only solution to open the board?
glances

Unread post10 Dec 2017, 08:48

X
glances

glances wrote:Just got received one of these keyboards secondhand and I'm having the same issue. Double key-presses for one hit. Is my only solution to open the board?

Hi,already PMed you. Pls have a look
mech greenhand

Unread post11 Dec 2017, 12:33

X
mech greenhand