[Vendor] New website selling Topre keyboards to Europe!

Hey Deskthority,

I'd like to announce www.topkeydirect.com, a new website dedicated to selling Topre keyboards at fair prices to the European market.

I started this website after becoming annoyed at the high prices due to a lack of competition in the European mechanical keyboard market. I determined to sell the products at a lower price, leveraging volume instead. Currently we only sell the HHKB Pro 2 and the Realforce 87U in Europe, but in the future we plan to expand to new products (including keycaps) and new continents.

If you have any suggestions for products or how to improve the site, either leave a comment here or email admin@topkeydirect.com. We greatly appreciate all feedback. Also, if you want to be notified with a (rare) email when we expand into new product lines or continents, enter your email at the bottom of the landing page of our site, or email admin@topkeydirect.com with the title "subscribe".

Thanks,
Topkeydirect
Topkeydirect

Unread post11 Oct 2017, 20:27

X
Topkeydirect

Main keyboard: Realforce 87U
Favorite switch: Topre
DT Pro Member: -

Oh cool, HHKB in Europe! Looks like a fair price too. How does it work, are they imported directly to the buyer? The HHKB doesn't pass certain EU product laws so shops like keyboardco never sold it.
webwit
Wild Duck

Unread post11 Oct 2017, 21:25

X
webwit
Wild Duck

Main keyboard: HHKB Pro II
Favorite switch: IBM beam spring
DT Pro Member: 0000

Hmm. The product image for the 87U shows spherical keycaps?
Findecanor

Unread post11 Oct 2017, 21:28

X
Findecanor

Main keyboard: Changes from day to day
Main mouse: Wowpen Joy (modified)
Favorite switch: I have yet to find it...
DT Pro Member: 0011

Fuck you Google for ruining YouTube!
That was just a quick image I found on Google images after searching for Realforce 87U which allowed for free use, which I thought looked cool. I can't do any product photography and I'm just starting out, so this was the best I could muster.
Topkeydirect

Unread post11 Oct 2017, 22:42

X
Topkeydirect

webwit wrote:Oh cool, HHKB in Europe! Looks like a fair price too. How does it work, are they imported directly to the buyer? The HHKB doesn't pass certain EU product laws so shops like keyboardco never sold it.
They should fit the regulations now, CandyKeys sold the hhkb some months ago with shipping from Germany
hansichen

Unread post12 Oct 2017, 04:13

X
hansichen

Main keyboard: G80-2100
Main mouse: Deathadder
Favorite switch: Vintage Black

Read the comments here before trying to purchase anything. https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyb...boards_to/
kawasaki161

Unread post12 Oct 2017, 07:10

X
kawasaki161

Main keyboard: Duck Black Bird
Main mouse: Nixeus Revel
Favorite switch: Zealio

on reddit, 22 minutes ago, Topkeydirect wrote:Hi guys, Firstly, I want to rule out anyone saying I am a scammer. Please, I promise I am honest. I found a place where I could buy them for cheaper, and thought it could be a good opportunity, like a group buy.

Unfortunately, this is the first time I've ever run an e-commerce website. I didn't know about having to put legal details on my website. I wasn't able to take product photographs, so I just searched online for images available for commercial reuse with modification. I'm like most people on this forum, who just know quite a bit about mechanical keyboards, but not about business.

I was naïve, to not know all these rules and regulations, so I'm going to take the site down for now, follow the suggestions of everyone on this thread, and focus on getting the site up to scratch. I'm not a businessman, and I thought I could just import from Japan, set up a site and sell.

Thanks for your patience, Topkeydirect

:lol:
kbdfr
The Tiproman

Unread post12 Oct 2017, 08:18

X
kbdfr
The Tiproman

Main keyboard: Tipro MID-QM-128A + two Tipro matrix modules
Main mouse: Contour Rollermouse Pro
Favorite switch: Cherry black
DT Pro Member: 0010

kbdfr wrote:
on reddit, 22 minutes ago, Topkeydirect wrote:Hi guys, Firstly, I want to rule out anyone saying I am a scammer. Please, I promise I am honest. I found a place where I could buy them for cheaper, and thought it could be a good opportunity, like a group buy.

Unfortunately, this is the first time I've ever run an e-commerce website. I didn't know about having to put legal details on my website. I wasn't able to take product photographs, so I just searched online for images available for commercial reuse with modification. I'm like most people on this forum, who just know quite a bit about mechanical keyboards, but not about business.

I was naïve, to not know all these rules and regulations, so I'm going to take the site down for now, follow the suggestions of everyone on this thread, and focus on getting the site up to scratch. I'm not a businessman, and I thought I could just import from Japan, set up a site and sell.

Completely my fault, I didn't know them. I'm going to take the site down now and get everything in place.
Last edited by Topkeydirect on 12 Oct 2017, 16:58, edited 1 time in total.
Topkeydirect

Unread post12 Oct 2017, 08:23

X
Topkeydirect

Topkeydirect wrote:
kbdfr wrote:

Completely my fault, I didn't know them. I'm going to take the site down now and get everything in place

Please edit and correct your post, this way it looks like I was the one saying "completely my fault" :lol:
kbdfr
The Tiproman

Unread post12 Oct 2017, 08:31

X
kbdfr
The Tiproman

Main keyboard: Tipro MID-QM-128A + two Tipro matrix modules
Main mouse: Contour Rollermouse Pro
Favorite switch: Cherry black
DT Pro Member: 0010

kbdfr wrote:
Topkeydirect wrote:
kbdfr wrote:Completely my fault, I didn't know them. I'm going to take the site down now and get everything in place

Your mother was a hamster and your father smells of elderberries

What? :?
webwit
Wild Duck

Unread post12 Oct 2017, 08:37

X
webwit
Wild Duck

Main keyboard: HHKB Pro II
Favorite switch: IBM beam spring
DT Pro Member: 0000