[Vendor] Wireless Mechanical Keyboard at $31.99-104 key wireless keyboard added

The thing is, most people don't really care about wireless because your keyboard does not move much. Bluetooth matters because it allows connections to other devices like phones, tablets, and more.
Blaise170
User avatar
ALPS キーボード

Unread post15 Sep 2018, 09:42

User avatar
X
Blaise170
ALPS キーボード
 
Posts: 2130
Joined: 30 Oct 2014, 22:18
Location: Boston, MA
Main keyboard: Varmilo VA87MR
Main mouse: Logitech G502
Favorite switch: Alps SKCM Blue
DT Pro Member: 0129
 
 
I proxy anything, including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: wiki/User:Blaise170
I care about wireless a lot. But only Bluetooth wireless, as you say. Bluetooth is displacing USB as the universal peripheral connection for me and most people out there. USB is a fallback, and the way to recharge!
wobbled wrote:or £119 in the UK

Why does the world hate us :(

Answer:
Spoiler:
Image

These plonkers.

“We” are the crazy ones. Even all of us who voted Remain, for letting the loonies run the asylum. Indeed, especially us.
Muirium
User avatar
µ

Unread post15 Sep 2018, 10:04

User avatar
X
Muirium
µ
 
Posts: 22814
Joined: 03 Feb 2013, 10:11
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Main keyboard: HHKB Type-S with Bluetooth by Hasu
Main mouse: Apple Magic Mouse
Favorite switch: Gotta Try 'Em All
DT Pro Member: -
 
Muirium wrote:Yes, I appreciate how *cost* is the key in your perspective. But Bluetooth is not expensive. It’s completely mainstream now thanks to phones and tablets as well as laptop computers all supporting it for many years. Everyone expects it. Wireless dongles are obsolete.

obsolete... I just passed your original word to the product team! lol!
John08099

Unread post17 Sep 2018, 03:53

X
John08099
 
Posts: 21
Joined: 11 Sep 2018, 10:24
Location: US
Favorite switch: Brown
DT Pro Member: -
 
Blaise170 wrote:The thing is, most people don't really care about wireless because your keyboard does not move much. Bluetooth matters because it allows connections to other devices like phones, tablets, and more.

We actually get many requirement about this back last year, and most of them want to play games in bed our on couch, while connecting PC to TV. But indeed, BT is something we should really consider.
John08099

Unread post17 Sep 2018, 03:59

X
John08099
 
Posts: 21
Joined: 11 Sep 2018, 10:24
Location: US
Favorite switch: Brown
DT Pro Member: -
 
Blaise170 wrote:The thing is, most people don't really care about wireless because your keyboard does not move much. Bluetooth matters because it allows connections to other devices like phones, tablets, and more.
John08099

Unread post17 Sep 2018, 04:01

X
John08099
 
Posts: 21
Joined: 11 Sep 2018, 10:24
Location: US
Favorite switch: Brown
DT Pro Member: -
 
abrahamstechnology wrote:I'd get one but I don't use Amazon.

You can also use code E9HEO4XR on website, if you are in the US. http://www.velocifiretech.com/product/velocifire-tkl87-wireless/?attribute_pa_country=united-states
John08099

Unread post17 Sep 2018, 04:23

X
John08099
 
Posts: 21
Joined: 11 Sep 2018, 10:24
Location: US
Favorite switch: Brown
DT Pro Member: -
 
Blaise170 wrote:The thing is, most people don't really care about wireless because your keyboard does not move much. Bluetooth matters because it allows connections to other devices like phones, tablets, and more.

On a desktop, you also often don't have Bluetooth built in, so you're looking at a dongle either way.

I could see buying one of their boards as a "carcass" -- to desolder the switches and put something else in-- because it's still a case, plate, and PCB for far less than buying them seperately.

There's a potential product for you: sell a bare board-- no switches, keycaps, or LEDs, and then the end user can solder in whatever he wants. The BOM would be reduced significantly, and you could probably charge USD50 or so for it.
Hak Foo

Unread post17 Sep 2018, 07:47

X
Hak Foo
 
Posts: 296
Joined: 09 Jul 2012, 07:39
Location: US
Main keyboard: Tactile Pro 4 PC
Main mouse: Kensington Expert Mouse
Favorite switch: White Alps
DT Pro Member: 0174
 
Hak Foo wrote:
Blaise170 wrote:The thing is, most people don't really care about wireless because your keyboard does not move much. Bluetooth matters because it allows connections to other devices like phones, tablets, and more.

On a desktop, you also often don't have Bluetooth built in, so you're looking at a dongle either way.

I could see buying one of their boards as a "carcass" -- to desolder the switches and put something else in-- because it's still a case, plate, and PCB for far less than buying them seperately.

There's a potential product for you: sell a bare board-- no switches, keycaps, or LEDs, and then the end user can solder in whatever he wants. The BOM would be reduced significantly, and you could probably charge USD50 or so for it.

You are just right for about the BT built in. This is the latest reason I found from the product team.
sell a bare board at USD50? This is crazy, will there be anyone really interested in it?
John08099

Unread post17 Sep 2018, 08:45

X
John08099
 
Posts: 21
Joined: 11 Sep 2018, 10:24
Location: US
Favorite switch: Brown
DT Pro Member: -
 
Muirium wrote:Yes, I appreciate how *cost* is the key in your perspective. But Bluetooth is not expensive. It’s completely mainstream now thanks to phones and tablets as well as laptop computers all supporting it for many years. Everyone expects it. Wireless dongles are obsolete.

Latest update from our product team. The reason for USB is that desktop usually doesn't have Bluetooth built in, not really the cost. My misunderstanding.
John08099

Unread post17 Sep 2018, 09:07

X
John08099
 
Posts: 21
Joined: 11 Sep 2018, 10:24
Location: US
Favorite switch: Brown
DT Pro Member: -
 
They’re full of it. Last desktop I owned without built in Bluetooth was a 2003 vintage iMac G4! If they want to sell keyboards to the world of 15 years ago, they’re a bit late.
Muirium
User avatar
µ

Unread post17 Sep 2018, 10:05

User avatar
X
Muirium
µ
 
Posts: 22814
Joined: 03 Feb 2013, 10:11
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Main keyboard: HHKB Type-S with Bluetooth by Hasu
Main mouse: Apple Magic Mouse
Favorite switch: Gotta Try 'Em All
DT Pro Member: -
 
Many gamers cut bluetooth out of their custom builds as a cost cutting measure. That $15 for a high quality adapter is $15 that can be spent on a better case (or whatever else). Same goes for disk drive, etc. I have bluetooth on my custom PC but I also have a $2000 build when you consider original prices of everything I have.
Blaise170
User avatar
ALPS キーボード

Unread post17 Sep 2018, 10:38

User avatar
X
Blaise170
ALPS キーボード
 
Posts: 2130
Joined: 30 Oct 2014, 22:18
Location: Boston, MA
Main keyboard: Varmilo VA87MR
Main mouse: Logitech G502
Favorite switch: Alps SKCM Blue
DT Pro Member: 0129
 
 
I proxy anything, including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: wiki/User:Blaise170
Muirium wrote:I care about wireless a lot. But only Bluetooth wireless, as you say. Bluetooth is displacing USB as the universal peripheral connection for me and most people out there. USB is a fallback, and the way to recharge!
wobbled wrote:or £119 in the UK

Why does the world hate us :(

Answer:
Spoiler:
Image

These plonkers.

“We” are the crazy ones. Even all of us who voted Remain, for letting the loonies run the asylum. Indeed, especially us.

Aha yes those fuckers are gormless. I did vote leave (simply because the EU has become more than a simple trading group, able to govern our country, and I don't recall voting for that) but Brexit needs to be handled by someone who knows what they are doing. Unfortunately though, I don't think any of our politicians have a brain cell between them.
wobbled
User avatar

Unread post17 Sep 2018, 12:56

User avatar
X
wobbled
 
Posts: 913
Joined: 03 Jul 2016, 02:59
Location: UK
Main keyboard: HHKB Hipro
Main mouse: Microsoft IMO 1.1A White
Favorite switch: Capacitive Buckling Spring
DT Pro Member: 0192
 
Like a lot of Remainers, I wasn’t even born the first time there was a vote on Europe. My choice in 2016 was based on what the European Union is today, not some bill of goods from ages passed. Flawed, oh you best believe it, but it’s ours to fix. Or was. I certainly never wanted out. What use was that to be?

The ensuing shit show hasn’t surprised me one bit. Sad but true. It was always going to be a blue on blue Tory war, because that’s what they’re all about. Life is such a breeze when you’re born for power and positively minted. Lay it in! Have a laugh!
Muirium
User avatar
µ

Unread post17 Sep 2018, 16:23

User avatar
X
Muirium
µ
 
Posts: 22814
Joined: 03 Feb 2013, 10:11
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Main keyboard: HHKB Type-S with Bluetooth by Hasu
Main mouse: Apple Magic Mouse
Favorite switch: Gotta Try 'Em All
DT Pro Member: -
 
wobbled wrote:
Muirium wrote:I care about wireless a lot. But only Bluetooth wireless, as you say. Bluetooth is displacing USB as the universal peripheral connection for me and most people out there. USB is a fallback, and the way to recharge!
wobbled wrote:or £119 in the UK

Why does the world hate us :(

Answer:
Spoiler:
Image

These plonkers.

“We” are the crazy ones. Even all of us who voted Remain, for letting the loonies run the asylum. Indeed, especially us.

Aha yes those fuckers are gormless. I did vote leave (simply because the EU has become more than a simple trading group, able to govern our country, and I don't recall voting for that) but Brexit needs to be handled by someone who knows what they are doing. Unfortunately though, I don't think any of our politicians have a brain cell between them.

We don't hate UK...
John08099

Unread post18 Sep 2018, 04:20

X
John08099
 
Posts: 21
Joined: 11 Sep 2018, 10:24
Location: US
Favorite switch: Brown
DT Pro Member: -
 
Previous

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: swampangel and 32 guests