Whatever happened to ________?

Muirium
µ

08 Oct 2021, 18:03

raoulduke-esq wrote:
08 Oct 2021, 17:10
So… we can blame you for this Oliver nightmare?
TNT wrote:
08 Oct 2021, 17:13
Yeah, let's do that
If you like. Which evidently you do! :roll:

I’ve always made it very clear indeed that I ain’t forking out cash for intangibles. (Enough trouble buying tangible items already.) So I was never in the running for buying the site. Let’s put it that way.

How else do you think I wound up with such a lousy club membership serial number? Same reason as I’ve never had an industrial Model M!

raoulduke-esq

08 Oct 2021, 18:55

Muirium wrote:
08 Oct 2021, 18:03
If you like. Which evidently you do! :roll:
Well we need someone to blame and listening to a bunch of apologists explain why webwit didn't actually sell out has gotten old. You're around more than most, so you when you said "we failed"... :idea: must be the royal we. Instant scapegoat.

Muirium
µ

08 Oct 2021, 19:11

I’ve not been around consistently enough to see anyone apologising for him. Fair do’s: it was his to sell. You won’t find me trying to say a fat bung is not a sellout. He sold out. It was his, and so (after many years of joking about it) he did.

Besides for a really shitty welcome for the new kid, which hasn’t gotten any better, I don’t see us users doing anything about it. Which was exactly our problem back in the old days, too. No one besides Matteo ever really put in the effort, and even he burned out. Thankless business, manning a forum. The real thanks being to actually share in the effort, not just typing cheers.

I wish NeXTthority the best of luck. But I can see exactly the same problems lying in store for them, once being the one and only “Someone” behind the scenes gets old.

raoulduke-esq

08 Oct 2021, 20:15

We're doing what we can on the Discord side of the house, but on the forum side we can do fuck all without Oliver. Can't add mods, can't un-screw stuff, etc.

That's right folks- mods aren't just asleep; they don't exist.

invalid mr_a500

21 Oct 2021, 00:00

Where are andrewjoy and Findecanor? They were great guys.

What about conversion heros like Sangdrax, OldIsNew and, of course, xwhatsit?

Did this place die or what?

Muirium
µ

21 Oct 2021, 00:06

People come and go. Sometimes old regulars show up and sometimes not. Such is life. Me and you are like that too, right enough! :lol:

Keyboards are a hard hobby to stay into forever. Sometimes you just get the itch again.

invalid mr_a500

21 Oct 2021, 00:44

Muirium wrote:
21 Oct 2021, 00:06
People come and go. Sometimes old regulars show up and sometimes not. Such is life. Me and you are like that too, right enough! :lol:

Keyboards are a hard hobby to stay into forever. Sometimes you just get the itch again.
Yes, you're right. I'll be gone again soon - and I'll never be back. Life is about to get serious.

Muirium
µ

21 Oct 2021, 00:56

Serious good or serious bad, have luck my old rival.

And whatever you do, don't let those squirrels win!

invalid mr_a500

21 Oct 2021, 01:21

Muirium wrote:

Serious bad, my friend. It's coming - this winter. It has been planned for decades. I see the plan. (..."I see plans within plans"... sorry, Dune quote)

Hopefully, I'm wrong, nothing will happen and everybody can laugh at me like school girls on helium. I don't think I'm wrong. So far, I've accurately predicted everything that has happened in the last 2 years. Doom is coming.

Muirium
µ

21 Oct 2021, 01:41

:o

Chilling.

I'd make a joke about needing a good bottle of Scotch, but, man, you need real courage not just the fuzzy minded Dutch stuff. It's not easy, all this. We can joke about it, try to put our minds on something else. Something we can handle. But, in the end, the only way out is through.

You do what you can, you hear. Do what you need. And when you can't, well, we're all there sooner or later, too. It's a fucking trip, this life…

kelvinhall05

21 Oct 2021, 04:59

invalid mr_a500 wrote:
21 Oct 2021, 01:21
Muirium wrote:

Serious bad, my friend. It's coming - this winter. It has been planned for decades. I see the plan. (..."I see plans within plans"... sorry, Dune quote)

Hopefully, I'm wrong, nothing will happen and everybody can laugh at me like school girls on helium. I don't think I'm wrong. So far, I've accurately predicted everything that has happened in the last 2 years. Doom is coming.
you've had your turn, pass the boof

kbdfr
The Tiproman

21 Oct 2021, 09:34

invalid mr_a500 wrote:
21 Oct 2021, 00:00
Where are […] and Findecanor? They were great guys. […]
Findecanor at least is posting once in a while.
And yes, great guy.

wobbled

21 Oct 2021, 18:19

raoulduke-esq wrote:
08 Oct 2021, 20:15
We're doing what we can on the Discord side of the house, but on the forum side we can do fuck all without Oliver. Can't add mods, can't un-screw stuff, etc.

That's right folks- mods aren't just asleep; they don't exist.
I was all for giving the guy a chance after the discord call with him - but it doesn't appear anything is actually happening other than garbage merch and other quick money making schemes being created.
I do think matt3o should've taken control after the amount of effort he put into the place with an effective & mature moderation team to back him.

Return to “Off-topic”