What's Up With µ?

webwit
Wild Duck

21 Aug 2016, 19:16

Muirium wrote: (Also: Webwit: is there something different to the site code in the last few months? Post composition boxes do not scroll horizontally while I'm typing on iPhone Safari. Which is absolutely crazy making. Haven't encountered this anywhere else but DT.)
Nope, not there anyway.
chzel wrote: I've been using an IKEA Markus for several years now (the leather one) and it's quite comfortable and durable. Only issue is that the headrest and the rest of the back trim is flaking, but it's been like 10 years of everyday multi-hour use. It's 130 GBP, so not dead cheap but not crazy expensive either.

vivalarevolución
formerly prdlm2009

21 Aug 2016, 22:46

Muirium wrote: Naturally, my chair is no longer made today. Bollocks! So now I'm starting from scratch with the Chair Oracle and asking for something kewl with those sweet "blues" everyone's talking about. And wireless uplighting. Plus a sweet braided weave.

Any suggestions, Chairthority? As a grown man, furniture shopping icks me out.

(Also: Webwit: is there something different to the site code in the last few months? Post composition boxes do not scroll horizontally while I'm typing on iPhone Safari. Which is absolutely crazy making. Haven't encountered this anywhere else but DT.)
When it comes to chairs, I've always had luck with used furniture stores. Considering you are in a big metro area, you might find a used office furniture store. Also, the local online classifieds, you can always find a good deal there with some searching.

So many people get rid of perfectly decent furniture, that you never have to buy anything new.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

22 Aug 2016, 10:44

life's a bitch. stay strong Muirium!

macmakkara

26 Aug 2016, 09:39

I hope the best for you and your mom.
Ergopro is moving forward slowly but surely.
And what is going to chairs. Im using old ones from offices that were going to junk with just new uphostery( is this correct word). Normaly i get used old chairs fron office for free and take them to some one who does upholsters for it and it looks like a new after that. My chair atm is finnish martela kinnarps that had ovh of over 500e when new. And its really confy. I got it from free and new uphostery was odd 30e. There are still some old used ones for sale on online and they go for +200e.

Topre Enthusiast

26 Aug 2016, 10:39

webwit wrote: Image
:lol: Took me a while to figure it out.
I have a couple of Markus chairs too and I think they're pretty good for their price. I have a leather one and a grey "vissle" one -- the leather one is easier to keep clean but I suppose the fabric ones would probably last longer.

All the best, btw Mu -- it's not the same around here without ya, buddy.

scottc

26 Aug 2016, 10:48

I agree about Markus. I've had mine about a year now and it's been great. I had another one in Ireland for about 2 years before that and really liked it too.
002 wrote: All the best, btw Mu -- it's not the same around here without ya, buddy.
Agreed! Mostly it's a lot quieter. ;) Hope you and your mum get some good news soon.

DanielT
Un petit village gaulois d'Armorique…

26 Aug 2016, 13:28

I have a Markus too, very good chair for the price, also a few guys at work bought some because they were not pleased with the stuff our company provided, and they are very happy with them.

As for the other things, wish you all the best, I'm in same situation with my father and I know how it is :(

Khers

26 Aug 2016, 13:45

Why does everyone have a Markus?

I bought my (non-Markus) chair unused for about half the price from a company that "got a few too many" and wanted to get rid of them...
Last edited by Khers on 26 Aug 2016, 15:19, edited 2 times in total.

fohat
Elder Messenger

26 Aug 2016, 15:04

macmakkara wrote:
I got it from free and new uphostery was odd 30e.
My experience with re-upholstery in the US is that it is quite a bit more expensive.

cookie

26 Aug 2016, 15:11

I must say that I prefer cloth over leather, for less sweaty ass crack!
Don't like the Look of a Markus :/

Muirium
µ

04 Nov 2016, 21:00

I just wound up with an IKEA Malkolm. Which I can't even find a link for… Did the fuckers go and discontinue a chair on me yet again?

Anyway, yes it's been a right sore arse of a year, metaphorically all the more so. Trying to get it back on track. Trying, flummoxing and flailing. Ach!

fohat
Elder Messenger

04 Nov 2016, 21:08

Great to have you back!

You have been sorely missed, and not for your backside comfort.

I have used gel seat cushions for years and I think that they are great.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

04 Nov 2016, 21:16

You missed the secret santa!

Don't you have like 200 threads you have to catch up on? ;)

Muirium
µ

04 Nov 2016, 21:21

At least! If only we had that community news blog Matteo suggested a while ago. I'm as befuzzled as a noob!

Anyway, I'm not eligible for Secret Santa this year as I'll be abroad again. It's a good laugh though. Last year's full keyboards special was neat.

@Fohat:
Thanks. I can't promise I'll be around quite as often as I'd like. But I'll try.

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

04 Nov 2016, 21:46

Abroad you say? As in, within the US?

Do me a favor and shoot me a PM with your temporary address. I may have something up my sleeve...

You missed Secret Santa, a lively discussion about Massdrop, /and/ the hubbub of my Hall effect keyboards (as well as a bunch of really interesting threads that I didn't start).

Muirium
µ

04 Nov 2016, 21:49

Okay, let's see what we got here.
Inbox Nonzero.png
Inbox Nonzero.png (13.89 KiB) Viewed 5891 times
Booger…

chzel

04 Nov 2016, 22:00

Muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu! Good to have you back again!

Muirium
µ

04 Nov 2016, 22:02

Same on this side. Reassuring to see that DT is pretty much exactly as I remember it. Even a Trump thread I know I best avoid…

elecplus

04 Nov 2016, 22:22

He's back! :mrgreen: I am temporarily holding the secretarial job for you. I hope your hectic life, and your mom, have improved.

Hypersphere

04 Nov 2016, 22:23

Hello, Muirium! It is great to see you posting again!

ohaimark
Kingpin

04 Nov 2016, 22:35

Welcome back!

Rimrul

04 Nov 2016, 22:44

Great to see you around. Hoping the best for you and your mom.

zslane

04 Nov 2016, 22:47

A sense of normalcy returns... here's hoping it sticks.

Missed ya µ.

scottc

05 Nov 2016, 00:25

Deskthority has missed you, Mu. Much too quiet without you here! Glad to see you again. I hope all is as well as it can be.

Topre Enthusiast

05 Nov 2016, 02:41

Welcome back, mate :)

kbdfr
The Tiproman

05 Nov 2016, 08:53

Nice to see you back, µ.

Muirium
µ

05 Nov 2016, 12:54

Aw, you guys! I'll do what I can. Gotten quite busy, as you've seen.

vivalarevolución
formerly prdlm2009

05 Nov 2016, 14:05

Mu! I was thinking about you as the politics thread was heating up again. This place isnt the same without you!

cookie

08 Nov 2016, 21:04

welcome back :)

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

11 Nov 2016, 22:10

In recognition of a tough year - I've added Muirium to this year's Secret Santa rotation as a recipient (only).

Muirium, expect a package in San Diego in a few weeks. I can't tell you who it is from, other than that it's not me.

Return to “Off-topic”