OTD.kr

Brian8bit

16 Feb 2011, 19:13

Are OTD.kr now requiring you be signed up to their site to browse the album? I've just gone to have a look, had a moon rune popup and then was directed to a login page. I can still browse the photo album on KBDmania.net, but it's slooooow.

sixty
Gasbag Guru

16 Feb 2011, 19:27

Yes, they changed the permissions. You need to be logged in to browse the album now.

Brian8bit

16 Feb 2011, 19:41

Man, that sucks. I really liked browsing their photo album. Some fantastic 'boards and fantastic photographers.

ripster

17 Feb 2011, 02:49

People that spend the time to make their keyboard pictures look good are weird. Legos on the other hand......

Moogle Stiltzkin

17 Feb 2011, 07:20

Is there a guide how exactly to register to OTD ???

Kinda sucked how they restricted viewing. Even KBC forum just recently did the same. Whats up with this trend ??

ripster

17 Feb 2011, 17:13

Somebody just publish their OTD login name and password.

kidchunks

17 Feb 2011, 18:04

Moogle Stiltzkin wrote:Is there a guide how exactly to register to OTD ???

Kinda sucked how they restricted viewing. Even KBC forum just recently did the same. Whats up with this trend ??
Hiding the greatness from the public eye! :twisted:

noctua

17 Feb 2011, 19:03

You can't be too careful these days, many ligo's lurk in keyboard forums.

webwit
Wild Duck

17 Feb 2011, 22:57

I guess this is related to all the thieving and copying of their designs.

Brian8bit

18 Feb 2011, 00:09

webwit wrote:I guess this is related to all the thieving and copying of their designs.
Who was doing that?

keyboardlover

18 Feb 2011, 00:10

webwit wrote:I guess this is related to all the thieving and copying of their designs.
We should SO do that. DKT Custom Keyboard FTW! :D

webwit
Wild Duck

18 Feb 2011, 00:30

You haven't been following the OTD vs KBDMania and OTD vs the Chinese Wars.

noctua

18 Feb 2011, 09:04

By pure coincidence, I saw that ligo has produced an mini keyboard that looks precisely as lowpoly's mini-keyboard,
but even without the trackpoint and spacebar switches.. Everything seems peaceful, hmm..

Moogle Stiltzkin

18 Feb 2011, 10:56

I honestly don't understand the animosity between these 2 groups.

Even the geekhack vs OCN thing i don't get o.O;

noctua

18 Feb 2011, 11:43

Not the forum vs. forum thing, whenever concepts resp. ideas for new keyboards was published,
resourceful *businessmen* are delighted to eat 'em alive.. you know

itlnstln

18 Feb 2011, 15:42

Moogle Stiltzkin wrote:Even the geekhack vs OCN thing i don't get o.O;
GH originally attracted an older, more professional group (a lot of writers, programmers, etc.) of people that were truly interested in keyboards. That's not to say we didn't have our share of immaturity, but as a whole, we were a little older crowd. We were never at the level of OTD, KBMania, etc., but the cause was noble enough.

OCN, OTOH, seems to be geared to a younger, less professional, less mature group of people (not a bad thing, just different). A few of the OCN made their way to GH, and over time, brought other people with them. This was good, because there were more people, but due to the lower maturity-levels of the OCN crowd, it caused some havoc with the mod-less system at GH. The old-timers like me, preferred the mature crowd (which is one of the reasons I'm here), and didn't really dig the influx of "kids" from OCN.

bugfix

18 Feb 2011, 15:48

Sorry that us young people ruined your internets. (I'm not from OCN btw :P)

webwit
Wild Duck

18 Feb 2011, 15:49

This thread needs more nudity. Wait, what did you say?

itlnstln

18 Feb 2011, 15:59

bugfix wrote:Sorry that us young people ruined your internets. (I'm not from OCN btw :P)
Hey, OCN has a keyboard, GH doesn't. Scoreboard.

Old people fail.

Moogle Stiltzkin

18 Feb 2011, 16:19

Oh i see now :/

I wasn't around on GH that long so i wasn't aware of it's history.
Last edited by Moogle Stiltzkin on 18 Feb 2011, 16:43, edited 1 time in total.

itlnstln

18 Feb 2011, 16:30

It was bound to happen at some point. It's just evolution. The "deep" keyboard heads found it early, and were jaded when the more casual folks/noobs from OCN came. It'll happen here, too, probably.

RiGS

18 Feb 2011, 16:39

I liked browsing those pics. I guess I need to register.

ripster

18 Feb 2011, 17:27

I just wish Geekhack would get rid of all those humorless Germans that voted for me in the Troll Poll.

sixty
Gasbag Guru

18 Feb 2011, 17:41

I'll vote for you any day, on every forum :oops:

ripster

18 Feb 2011, 21:07

Hahaha - They like me at HardForum too.

http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=103 ... tcount=674

Usually.

daedalus
Buckler Of Springs

18 Feb 2011, 21:11

itlnstln wrote:
bugfix wrote:Sorry that us young people ruined your internets. (I'm not from OCN btw :P)
Hey, OCN has a keyboard, GH doesn't. Scoreboard.

Old people fail.
Well, there was those Minitouch keyboards.
It was bound to happen at some point. It's just evolution. The "deep" keyboard heads found it early, and were jaded when the more casual folks/noobs from OCN came. It'll happen here, too, probably.
Time for more forums then I suppose :p

webwit
Wild Duck

18 Feb 2011, 21:14

ripster wrote:Hahaha - They like me at HardForum too.

http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=103 ... tcount=674

Usually.
That never happens to me. Did you forget to address the moderator's penis size?

sixty
Gasbag Guru

18 Feb 2011, 22:11

Good job ripster, that took you long enough! I guess the moderator could not specify the ban reason, as he was typing it with both shift keys held down and got blocked by his G15.

daedalus
Buckler Of Springs

18 Feb 2011, 22:14

The two shifts test caused me to spot a bug with the Blue Cube when used with the AT Model F.

laden3

18 Feb 2011, 22:46

noctua wrote:By pure coincidence, I saw that ligo has produced an mini keyboard that looks precisely as lowpoly's mini-keyboard,
but even without the trackpoint and spacebar switches.. Everything seems peaceful, hmm..
cmon... the ligo I know is someone who loves to manufacture keyboards and then sell it at a very friendly price... we still want our geekhack keyboard made and free review samples, right? :roll:

just wondering... who copied OTD's design? I thought it's the i-rocks with red switches that never made into retail.

Return to “Off-topic”