If it's a joke, obviously, it's gone too far...

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

25 Jun 2017, 23:19

vivalarevolución wrote:
Mr.Nobody wrote: @arkanoid
Japan at the time of WWII was a fascist invader, do we have an agreement on this? There is an obvious difference,Chinese Government didn't grab other people's land and definitely not through the means of war and massacre, Tibet has been part of China since 13th century, Tibet issue to China Government is just like Québec issue to Canadian Goverenment, however, what U.S is doing overseas on the other side of the Globe to those Middle East and North African nations is bodering on Fascism, through the means of war, on other's land, for U.S.' own benefits, that's not constructive at all but rather destructive. Blinded by its military muscle, U.S. goverenment is playing a dangerous game and leading its people into an abyss. Do you know any bully, no matter how strong he looked, ended up good at the end? History is a good lesson, some Western leaders just don't learn the lesson because of arrogance.
WOW, that's some good propaganda. Tibet is to China as Quebec is to Canada? LOL.

Can't tell if you are trolling or just are not aware that the Chinese government invaded Tibet after the end of the Chinese Civil War and systematically destroyed the culture for the next few decades. The Dalai Lama doesn't exactly live in India by choice.
What about USA soft power? Or NATO action in the middle-east? That's a endless loop of reproaches in both camps.

Because in the end, it's just the same story everywhere: every country leading group tries to improve his people life (or to improve their own life, or legitimately think that they will make the world better, choose whatever suits the best according to the situation) by accepting to sacrifice some other people lives (or culture, or freedom, or anything).

That's how the planet works for hundred of years. Humans are selfish. It will only end when either all those guys realize that doing bad things for a "good cause" isn't actually doing good (good can not justify evil), or much more likely that one of those camps will finally "win" and control the whole planet.

vivalarevolución
formerly prdlm2009

26 Jun 2017, 00:24

ramnes wrote:
vivalarevolución wrote:
Mr.Nobody wrote: @arkanoid
Japan at the time of WWII was a fascist invader, do we have an agreement on this? There is an obvious difference,Chinese Government didn't grab other people's land and definitely not through the means of war and massacre, Tibet has been part of China since 13th century, Tibet issue to China Government is just like Québec issue to Canadian Goverenment, however, what U.S is doing overseas on the other side of the Globe to those Middle East and North African nations is bodering on Fascism, through the means of war, on other's land, for U.S.' own benefits, that's not constructive at all but rather destructive. Blinded by its military muscle, U.S. goverenment is playing a dangerous game and leading its people into an abyss. Do you know any bully, no matter how strong he looked, ended up good at the end? History is a good lesson, some Western leaders just don't learn the lesson because of arrogance.
WOW, that's some good propaganda. Tibet is to China as Quebec is to Canada? LOL.

Can't tell if you are trolling or just are not aware that the Chinese government invaded Tibet after the end of the Chinese Civil War and systematically destroyed the culture for the next few decades. The Dalai Lama doesn't exactly live in India by choice.
What about USA soft power? Or NATO action in the middle-east? That's a endless loop of reproaches in both camps.

Because in the end, it's just the same story everywhere: every country leading group tries to improve his people life (or to improve their own life, or legitimately think that they will make the world better, choose whatever suits the best according to the situation) by accepting to sacrifice some other people lives (or culture, or freedom, or anything).

That's how the planet works for hundred of years. Humans are selfish. It will only end when either all those guys realize that doing bad things for a "good cause" isn't actually doing good (good can not justify evil), or much more likely that one of those camps will finally "win" and control the whole planet.
Comrade, I could go on for days about US and western imperialism, how our propaganda system is embedded in the culture, and taught history vs. alternative history. It's nasty stuff.

What you said is definitely the general course of things. The cycle most likely will never stop, because we are humans, we can't help ourselves. Really, the levers of modern power can be boiled down into a simple quote from 1984:

"But always – do not forget this, Winston – always there will be the intoxication of power, constantly increasing and constantly growing subtler. Always, at every moment, there will be the thrill of victory, the sensation of trampling on an enemy who is helpless. If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face – for ever."

It's China's world now, in my opinion. Since September 11, our government has consistently cut back on domestic investments while endlessly pouring money into military and "security" ventures. Now the Trumpsters are going even further with domestic cutbacks and saying screw it to peaceful diplomacy, foreign aid, and expanding international economic ties. The Internet and TV news has basically destroyed reasonable discourse. Meanwhile, China has invested a crap ton into their country, established oodles of international economic relationships with countries that the USA ignores, and consistently increased military spending in preparation of a greater international presence. I imagine the Chinese are just sitting back and enjoying themselves while Americans lose their shit over fucking email servers, conspiracy theories, and brown people.

It's a fun world and I'm just here along for the ride!

arkanoid

26 Jun 2017, 12:34

Mr.Nobody,
Regarding the Tibet and Tiananmen, the knowledge you were infused with is much different from what other parts of the world know. Even if you try to do some research on the web or books, you may end up with not much useful information because anything that does not meet the taste of Chinese government is already deleted or blocked in China.

Mr.Nobody

01 Jul 2017, 08:04

@vivalarevolución
From 1989-2009,the central government spent hundreds of billions on repairing and upkeeping the the Potala Palace(the holy palace to Tibetan people), mind you during the two decades China wasn't as prosperous as it is now...if you call that "destroying Tibetan culture", I have nothing more to say, if Chinese government wanted to destroy or enslave Tibet why no just spended the money on weapons and bombed the hell of out everything there. like U.S. government does today.

@arkanoid
Yes quite different views, but which one is truth? Maybe all blocked in China or Chinese media, but I can read English like you do, so at least I dare say there is no way to block info to me.

Mr.Nobody

01 Jul 2017, 08:05

Maybe because it's Western culture or tradition to go far away to other's land(usually some relatively backward countries) to conquer and colonize to satisfy the ego and feel good about it. Maybe in western mentality, war is a more acceptable means to relate to other nations and culture... Is it that hard for you guys to believe that a stronger power won't do harmful thing to the weak ones. Isn't it obvious to benefit oneself by doing good to others is a much better and more rewarding way? If you want to get the oil in Middle East, there are other solutions which could lead to a win-win senario, why choose the stupid way?

I got one of my wisdom tooth removed three days ago, it still hurts like hell, I need to have rest...TTYL.

Mr.Nobody

01 Jul 2017, 10:57

Here is a map of 1947 from the United States Military Academy Department of History. Check it out yourself. Here is a map of 1910 from Cambridge University.
Spoiler:
At the time, Mongolia was still part of China, but Mongolia was cut away to be a buffer zone and eventually lost and became a sovereign country in 1920s, from 1930s to 1940s China gradually lost many terrirtories to Japnese invaders but got them back after WWII. After WWII China was in civil war, but China never lost Tibet no matter who had won the civil war, both sides had one thing in common they both had no doubt Tibet's part of China and should remain that way.

By the way, Tibet is called Tibet Autonomous Region in China, Central Government provides economic aid to Tibetan people per capita, before the various aiding projects from central government, Tibet was extremely poor because of the high altitude and other geographical disadvantages and the serfdom, surely it's not like what's depicted in the famous novel "Lost Horizon" , the author never set his feet on Tibetan soil, it's a fiction.

vivalarevolución
formerly prdlm2009

02 Jul 2017, 23:04

Well, that settles it! Glad we got to the bottom of this historical dilemma. Now we can all move on.

MrDuul

02 Jul 2017, 23:10

I am going to marry a china woman.

DerpyDash_xAD

02 Jul 2017, 23:14

azns so hawt ohmaigawwd i love azns

vivalarevolución
formerly prdlm2009

03 Jul 2017, 00:35

MrDuul wrote: I am going to marry a china woman.
Go for the "leftover" women. End their shame! (and I thought my parents piled on the shame, good lord).

Mr.Nobody

09 Jul 2017, 08:37

The "leftover" women issue has been a big and hot topic for years, the new generation doesn't want to get married for good reasons; both sides probably don't get anything from the marriage and will probably lose all they cherish because of the marriage, so why bother? Remain single untile 35 almost becomes a social norm specially in big cities. Men don't want to end up like the guy in "Two men and a Half," on the other hand, women are reluctant to get married for various reasons as well. The marriage thing is the biggest challenge of life...a successful marriage is better and harder than a successful career.

vivalarevolución
formerly prdlm2009

10 Jul 2017, 15:16

Mr.Nobody wrote: The "leftover" women issue has been a big and hot topic for years, the new generation doesn't want to get married for good reasons; both sides probably don't get anything from the marriage and will probably lose all they cherish because of the marriage, so why bother? Remain single untile 35 almost becomes a social norm specially in big cities. Men don't want to end up like the guy in "Two men and a Half," on the other hand, women are reluctant to get married for various reasons as well. The marriage thing is the biggest challenge of life...a successful marriage is better and harder than a successful career.
Which guy on Two and a Half men? I'm sure lots of guys would love to be Charlie Sheen (without the HIV).

Mr.Nobody

11 Jul 2017, 02:22

@vivalarevolución
Many young men would love to be Uncle Charlie, back in the days when I was a younger dude I wanted to live like that. But Uncle Charlie is not a happy man either, he is lonely and he sort of has an oppressed-anger inside him, he is unable to really relate himself with females because of his childhood issue(mother-son relationship),although he has money and countless shallow cunts to have sex with, he feels unfulfilled and occupied by the emptiness of life. He is as pathetic as his brother just in a different manner.

Human being is an emotional being ultimately, one needs real affection and intimacy to obtain true happiness in life, Uncle Charlie's life style is a typical example of where the modern lifestyle bankrupts; he has a fancy car and a fancy house, money, leisure and abundant beautiful bitches but no love, no sense of value, only emptiness and alcohol or even drugs. What's the point when it seems one has obtained everything but feels nothing blissful?

y11971alex

08 Aug 2017, 20:57

Nobody, you're taking this too seriously. "Western democracies" have for most of their history fought amongst themselves, and to lump them together is something of a farce as far as politics are concerned. It reeks of communist propaganda and, what's much more serious, ignorance. The tripartite free/communist/unaligned world structure is history. I get that Chinese people have been feeling oppressed and generally looked down upon, and now that China has a foothold in the major leagues it is time to vent and rally, but it's important to choose the banner under which one and one's friends rally. Don't pick one that says "shit" and stand under it, or you can hardly blame anyone for calling you shit.

Mr.Nobody

23 Aug 2017, 04:38

y11971alex wrote: Nobody, you're taking this too seriously. "Western democracies" have for most of their history fought amongst themselves, and to lump them together is something of a farce as far as politics are concerned. It reeks of communist propaganda and, what's much more serious, ignorance. The tripartite free/communist/unaligned world structure is history. I get that Chinese people have been feeling oppressed and generally looked down upon, and now that China has a foothold in the major leagues it is time to vent and rally, but it's important to choose the banner under which one and one's friends rally. Don't pick one that says "shit" and stand under it, or you can hardly blame anyone for calling you shit.
Well, let me use this as an analogy: Some prefer Apple computers and Mac OS, some others prefer PC and Windows, or even Linux, all of them works, obviously, there is more than one right solution to run a computer, likewise, there is more than one working political system to run a country. I don't think I am standing under a "shit" banner, even if it is a shitty one, it's as shitty as others. Just imagine how absurd it might be when an Apple user claims all PC users who are using computers with Windows installed are evil and their machines should be destroyed. And if the PC users do believe the bullshit from the Apple users and destroy their own computers accordingly, then they are fooled and fucked.

Return to “Off-topic”