XMIT is taking a break.

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

05 Sep 2017, 16:16

I'm starting a new day job on Monday! :D This should be a fun time, since I'm working on more familiar stuff, with some old friends in a more familiar environment. I'm very much looking forward to the adventures that lie ahead.

Unfortunately for the DT community (and greater keyboard community), this means I need to take a break for a while. We've got baby #3 on the way in February. Between that and the new job it's all hands on deck around here for the next while.

I aim to under-promise and over-deliver. So, what this means, is that you should expect very little from me in the coming months. I'll still pop in to say hello, to help with random projects, etc. But, you'll see me cutting back in a number of areas.

Specifically:

1. Direct sales are suspended indefinitely. This includes any consignment sales. I was going to try to outsource parts of this but I don't have the bandwidth to manage that. (Two boxes are being mailed today, which represent the last open invoices I had.) I'm hoping for a Black Friday sale in November to include some prototype boards and other items, but no promises.

2. I won't be running any group buys, Secret Santas, or anything similar for a while, and I certainly don't want any club administration positions. :roll:

3. Expect delayed responses, and possibly terse responses as well, to PMs. I've already got a backlog of PMs that I'm working through.

Very specifically:

1. I won't be helping with the elecplus cleanout as much as I'd like. Please contact elecplus or Wodan for specifics, or lot_lizard if you're looking for Model F parts.

2. I will be working with Massdrop to finalize and ship Round 2 of the XMIT Hall Effect Mechanical Keyboard, but I'll be handing over more responsibility to Massdrop in the future. That "drop" should open in the next week or two.

Thanks for understanding. :ugeek:

Binge

05 Sep 2017, 16:19

XMIT wrote:I'm starting a new day job on Monday! :D This should be a fun time, since I'm working on more familiar stuff, with some old friends in a more familiar environment. I'm very much looking forward to the adventures that lie ahead.

Unfortunately for the DT community (and greater keyboard community), this means I need to take a break for a while. We've got baby #3 on the way in February. Between that and the new job it's all hands on deck around here for the next while.

I aim to under-promise and over-deliver. So, what this means, is that you should expect very little from me in the coming months. I'll still pop in to say hello, to help with random projects, etc. But, you'll see me cutting back in a number of areas.

Specifically:

1. Direct sales are suspended indefinitely. This includes any consignment sales. I was going to try to outsource parts of this but I don't have the bandwidth to manage that. (Two boxes are being mailed today, which represent the last open invoices I had.) I'm hoping for a Black Friday sale in November to include some prototype boards and other items, but no promises.

2. I won't be running any group buys, Secret Santas, or anything similar for a while, and I certainly don't want any club administration positions. :roll:

3. Expect delayed responses, and possibly terse responses as well, to PMs. I've already got a backlog of PMs that I'm working through.

Very specifically:

1. I won't be helping with the elecplus cleanout as much as I'd like. Please contact elecplus or Wodan for specifics, or lot_lizard if you're looking for Model F parts.

2. I will be working with Massdrop to finalize and ship Round 2 of the XMIT Hall Effect Mechanical Keyboard, but I'll be handing over more responsibility to Massdrop in the future. That "drop" should open in the next week or two.

Keep on keeping on. Love my XMIT 60% and appreciate your hard work to bring new ideas to production.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

05 Sep 2017, 16:20

Binge wrote: Keep on keeping on. Love my XMIT 60% and appreciate your hard work to bring new ideas to production.
Hey Binge! You'll see a G80-1800 layout and a Sun-like 120-key in Round 2 if either of those tickle your fancy. :D

depletedvespene

05 Sep 2017, 16:53

XMIT wrote: I'm starting a new day job on Monday!
…………
Of course we understand. Congratulations!

andrewjoy

05 Sep 2017, 16:58

Cool , gl with the new job.

So i should talk to elecplus about my balls ?

Binge

05 Sep 2017, 17:08

XMIT wrote:
Binge wrote: Keep on keeping on. Love my XMIT 60% and appreciate your hard work to bring new ideas to production.
Hey Binge! You'll see a G80-1800 layout and a Sun-like 120-key in Round 2 if either of those tickle your fancy. :D
Consider me piqued! That's incredible [FLEXED BICEPS]

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

05 Sep 2017, 17:49

andrewjoy wrote: Cool , gl with the new job.

So i should talk to elecplus about my balls ?
I'll send you a PM about this.

Myoth

13 Sep 2017, 22:42

XMIT wrote:
ISO maybe ? :oops:

Return to “Off-topic”