You won the World Cup, why riot?

Muirium
µ

19 Jul 2018, 10:53

green-squid wrote: 'How come you are RIOTING? Thankfully, we deal with riots in the best ways ;) '

Peoples Liberation Army liberate you!

Laser
emacs -nw

19 Jul 2018, 11:47

I think Mr. Nobody shows us perfectly well in what way freedom can be a self-indulgence. Showing what? The long-term effects of a propaganda-induced delusion.

It's true freedom is dangerous. You have to be responsible for your actions, and that's hard. But, the more you take it from some people, in the name of security and some other bullshit concepts (meant to hide the fact that you're a slave now) the more dangerous it gets when they get some freedom back, because they have no idea how to use it.
Last edited by Laser on 20 Jul 2018, 00:38, edited 2 times in total.

andrewjoy

19 Jul 2018, 12:25

How long have you guys been on the internet.

Don't feed the god dam trolls.

Muirium
µ

19 Jul 2018, 15:36

Proof that actually works? I’ve seen plenty of trolls elsewhere, perfectly content to chunter away in comments sections entirely to themselves. Not a good look.

Besides, the romance between Mr. Empty Head and Angry Chocolate Bar is too cute to silence.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

19 Jul 2018, 16:15

Muirium wrote: […] Besides, the romance between Mr. Empty Head and Angry Chocolate Bar is too cute to silence.
If I may, with all due respect: I'm not angry, I'm grumpy, that's quite a difference :mrgreen:

The danger with trolls is that if you just don't react, in the end their nonsensical stuff will be considered as admitted.
If no one had refuted the fully fictional "riot" allegation in the OP, probably not just a few would now simply believe it had actually happened.

vivalarevolución
formerly prdlm2009

19 Jul 2018, 17:49

Is there an honorary chair at a university that can awarded to Mr. Empty Face? His knowledge of European culture and history is astounding. Bring on the accolades.

davkol

20 Jul 2018, 00:20

Since these threads are just Mr. Nobody shitposting, I'll misuse the opportunity to raise awareness of a humanitarian crises…

Meanwhile in China: dystopian assimilation of Uyghurs and organ harvesting from Falun Gong practitioners

vivalarevolución
formerly prdlm2009

20 Jul 2018, 01:39

davkol wrote: Since these threads are just Mr. Nobody shitposting, I'll misuse the opportunity to raise awareness of a humanitarian crises…

Meanwhile in China: dystopian assimilation of Uyghurs and organ harvesting from Falun Gong practitioners
Careful, a culture war is what he wants. I expect a general proclamation about how we all are imprisoned by our technology or media or government propaganda or something like that.

Mr.Nobody

20 Jul 2018, 05:44

green-squid wrote: 'How come you are RIOTING? Thankfully, we deal with riots in the best ways ;) '

@ squid obviously over there you dealt with it in the best way :lol:
Laser wrote: I think Mr. Nobody shows us perfectly well in what way freedom can be a self-indulgence. Showing what? The long-term effects of a propaganda-induced delusion.

It's true freedom is dangerous. You have to be responsible for your actions, and that's hard. But, the more you take it from some people, in the name of security and some other bullshit concepts (meant to hide the fact that you're a slave now) the more dangerous it gets when they get some freedom back, because they have no idea how to use it.
@laser
IMO, There is a proper dosage for many things to work properly, say "working out" is good for your health, but if you do it to excess, it will become harmful, freedom is same, both too little or too much is bad, however, in Western world, people have this belief everything must be better if they can have more, BTW, maybe that's also one of the reasons that cakes and coffee over there are usually too sweet which harm your livers and kidneys and make you fat.I hope you get the analogy.

@Muirium
If my memory serves me right, I remember you're the guy who reads alot,(edit:I mistook you for Menuhin, he is the guy who reads a lot) well I recommend you the book written by Richard Roth who is a CBS correspondent and he was right one the scene in1989, In a nutshell he wrote, quote: "We saw no bodies, injured people, ambulances, or medical personnel. In short, nothing to even suggest, let alone prove, that a "massacre" had recently occurred in that place" unquote.

@vivalarevolución
By the way I have every confidence to say my knowledge about European history and culture is more than your knowledge about Chinese culture and history, which enables me to see and compare the big picture you can't.

@OG KBDFR and the honorable all of you:
As for other cliches, like Tibetan issues, South China sea issues, Tiananmen square incident, One Child policy(which is an over-simplicfied misinterpreted term) etc.etc.... I've addressed them all in my other previous threads/posts in which I've deliberately provided photos,maps and reports from WESTERN media or sources(since I reckoned you won't believe Chinese sources anyways) to illustrate my points. And every single time, I saw nothing tangible in your responses,except for calling names and repeating your original beliefs; it seems this is best you can do.

Bottom line, I can access both versions or stories, you've been exposed to one-sided media for your entire life, so who has more chances of being brainwashed? I leave this question to you guys. After all, people are not living in realities but in the perception of realities, and they always believe whatever makes them feel better about themselves...who cares about truth anyway? Especially when the truth endangers "self-identities".

EDIT:
Sorry for the delay, it takes time to respond to all of you.
Last edited by Mr.Nobody on 20 Jul 2018, 09:01, edited 1 time in total.

chuckdee

20 Jul 2018, 05:53

davkol

20 Jul 2018, 09:17

vivalarevolución wrote: Careful, a culture war is what he wants. I expect a general proclamation about how we all are imprisoned by our technology or media or government propaganda or something like that.
(Notice how I haven't responded to Mr. Nobody.) We can avoid feeding him and hijack the thread, can't we?

webwit
Wild Duck

20 Jul 2018, 16:30

What would be more interesting is if people wouldn't only be able to spot each other's propaganda, in an us vs them, but would be able to spot your own culture's propaganda. I'll start. In the West there's a collective historic guilt about the colonization of Africa and all the resulting bloodshed. Yet we have done and are doing the same in the Middle East, this time for oil, and the people look away. The propaganda most people believe in is that the resistance are extremist evil terrorists who started the war. It's like saying that because in Africa some fought back, and some ripped out their victim's hearts in retaliation, they were barbaric and deserved our fascism and occupation, so we were being the righteous people. The only way to stop it is, like Africa, to pull out of there and admit guilt. What we really do is continue to prefer the riches we make out of this.

vivalarevolución
formerly prdlm2009

20 Jul 2018, 17:16

davkol wrote: (Notice how I haven't responded to Mr. Nobody.) We can avoid feeding him and hijack the thread, can't we?
Yes we can! Yes we can! Yes we can!

I'm pretty thrilled that I predicted the style of his response.
vivalarevolución wrote: Careful, a culture war is what he wants. I expect a general proclamation about how we all are imprisoned by our technology or media or government propaganda or something like that.
.Bottom line, I can access both versions or stories, you've been exposed to one-sided media for your entire life, so who has more chances of being brainwashed? I leave this question to you guys. After all, people are not living in realities but in the perception of realities, and they always believe whatever makes them feel better about themselves...who cares about truth anyway? Especially when the truth endangers "self-identities".
His responses are essentially an elaborate form of whataboutism and condescendation, while downplaying the principles of a democratic society and individual rights. Reminds me a bit of listening to Putin or Darth Cheeto. I honestly have no interest in debating China vs. Europe, it's a waste of my time. To believe that you fully understand them and declare yourself the authority on them, both varied and diverse places with rich histories, is simply the pinnacle arrogance and ignorance. No one will debate because Mr. Nobody is simply looking to inflame, rather than approach with the intent of fair debate.

And why someone would come to a keyboard site to stoke the flames of a culture war is beyond me. Seems to indicate aome kind of mental delusion.

Bass

21 Jul 2018, 00:33

webwit wrote: What would be more interesting is if people wouldn't only be able to spot each other's propaganda, in an us vs them, but would be able to spot your own culture's propaganda. I'll start. In the West there's a collective historic guilt about the colonization of Africa and all the resulting bloodshed. Yet we have done and are doing the same in the Middle East, this time for oil, and the people look away. The propaganda most people believe in is that the resistance are extremist evil terrorists who started the war. It's like saying that because in Africa some fought back, and some ripped out their victim's hearts in retaliation, they were barbaric and deserved our fascism and occupation, so we were being the righteous people. The only way to stop it is, like Africa, to pull out of there and admit guilt. What we really do is continue to prefer the riches we make out of this.
Well said. I've been pretty privy to this since I grew up watching mainstream media outlets glorifying wars. I even remember watching a LIVE video feed showing Baghdad getting bombed, and I am pretty sure we are doing similar things in Syria right now. People in the west are foaming at the mouth about alleged election meddling by Russia, but we've done (and continue to do) far worse on numerous occasions. Freedom is a great thing because I have a peace of mind knowing I can openly criticize the government of my own country without any direct repercussions, but it doesn't mean much when our government and corporations have the freedom to shape public opinion by spreading propaganda of their own.

Mr.Nobody

21 Jul 2018, 02:12

@webit & Bass
Salute to you guys, for your concise and precise contents of your replies which reflect a deep understanding of the matter.

@slom
I'm glad you mentined the two World Wars, I see it this way: When an ordinary guy gets angry, he might commit some vandalism or domestic voilence, but if by chance this guy is a genius of politics and oratory and he's managed to get himself to the power, there will be wars and massacres. Wars are collective anger manifested in a larger and more distructive scale.

@Muirium
I sense there may be a misunderstanding, so I make a statement here just in case. When I said "I'm tired of seeing the lazy offspring of thieves and bandits spending the money accumulated through their forefather's shady business and pretending to be civilized gentlemen." I wasn't talking on an individual level, I do believe your forefathers were honest miners. I was talking about stuff like East India Company(we all know it was backed by British government and the Royalty),and they grew opium in India and sold them to China and made tons of money out of it, when the then Chinese government said "No stop poisoning our nation", the British Government launched wars(the Opium Wars), China lost the wars and Hongkong to the UK...This kind of shit was happening on a global scale at the time. It's basically "I want to sell drugs in your family and sell your kids to plantations to work as slaves and if you dare say no, I'll beat you up and take your home." These drug dealers/human traffickers invested heavily back in their own countries with the bloody money they made overseas so today their offspring in fancy suits can say "Chinks are such copycats, Muslims are such extremists..." What the hell, are you telling me it's okay to sell drugs and start wars to make money but it's not okay to copy the bloody designs of your bloody over-priced handbags? I don't know how the Chinese officials responded but if I were in their position I would reply "Consider it a small repayment for what you've done to us."

Edit:
@vivalarevolución
I remember there used to be a thread in this OFFTOPIC subforum about US. politics which has 40+ pages of replies, and a large proportion of them are contributed by you.That's what the offtopic subforum for isn't it. Debate if you can, if you can't, then you can keep accusing me of being paid to inflame...

davkol

21 Jul 2018, 10:17

I wonder if posting these walls of text is worth it, as in if it's rewarded with enough social credit.

Laser
emacs -nw

21 Jul 2018, 12:24

Well, it's perfectly conceivable that nobody actually writes that text, i.e. the censorship guys from China alter what he actually writes :) And it's the same if the censorship is internal to the person ... i.e. it reached the stage where nobody has to censor nobody's thoughts. In that case, you may even permit to that person some extra freedom, since it does nothing else with it but repeat the learned recipe. It's just propaganda spewing itself using the classical method: pretend you have a dialogue, get some small examples from history and take them out of context to prove your point, and fill many pages in the hope that some naive readers will believe it.

So, I'll end by saying that whatever Mr. Nobody writes on this forum, he's not the one writing it.

vivalarevolución
formerly prdlm2009

21 Jul 2018, 16:57

Mr.Nobody wrote: Edit:
@vivalarevolución
I remember there used to be a thread in this OFFTOPIC subforum about US. politics which has 40+ pages of replies, and a large proportion of them are contributed by you.That's what the offtopic subforum for isn't it. Debate if you can, if you can't, then you can keep accusing me of being paid to inflame...
These threads are fun when they are not reduced to personal bickering, insults, and culture wars, which is what happens in every thread that you start.
Laser wrote: Well, it's perfectly conceivable that nobody actually writes that text, i.e. the censorship guys from China alter what he actually writes :) And it's the same if the censorship is internal to the person ... i.e. it reached the stage where nobody has to censor nobody's thoughts. In that case, you may even permit to that person some extra freedom, since it does nothing else with it but repeat the learned recipe. It's just propaganda spewing itself using the classical method: pretend you have a dialogue, get some small examples from history and take them out of context to prove your point, and fill many pages in the hope that some naive readers will believe it.

So, I'll end by saying that whatever Mr. Nobody writes on this forum, he's not the one writing it.
Sounds like the thought police at work.

Mr.Nobody

22 Jul 2018, 02:30

@vivalarevolución
It's always fun when you are making jokes on others' but insulting when others start to do the same to you. Do you remember I post a thread talking about virtual reality which is completely politics/culture-free, and what happened in that thread? Yes,personal bickering, insults almost happens in every thread of mine, but take a look who started them, I hate it as much as you do but I can't control others' behaviors, I can only respond to them. And for those who degrade my threads to peronal insults and name callings, please don't give the typical cliche "you provoked us to do so" its like saying banks tempted the bandits to rob them just because they are banks.

@laser
What you mean is basically: Mr.nobody doesn't have his own thoughts, because he's from china, we do, because we are not from China. Seriously? Haven't you guys all been under the constant influence of your media, the books you've read, the opinons and attitudes of your parents, teachers and prestiged frineds? Your belief/assumption that Chinese are more brainwashed than you are is sheerly based on either arrogance or ignorance.Up to now all I see is "This guy has points and arguments to back them up, we have nothing to back ours, how about we assert this guy is crazy and make whatever he said doesn't count."

Norman_

22 Jul 2018, 03:18

Maybe Mr. nobody writes all these meaningless text walls because he like typing on his wonderful mechanical keyboard collection

chuckdee

22 Jul 2018, 03:28

Mr.Nobody wrote: @vivalarevolución
It's always fun when you are making jokes on others' but insulting when others start to do the same to you. Do you remember I post a thread talking about virtual reality which is completely politics/culture-free, and what happened in that thread? Yes,personal bickering, insults almost happens in every thread of mine, but take a look who started them, I hate it as much as you do but I can't control others' behaviors, I can only respond to them. And for those who degrade my threads to peronal insults and name callings, please don't give the typical cliche "you provoked us to do so" its like saying banks tempted the bandits to rob them just because they are banks.

@laser
What you mean is basically: Mr.nobody doesn't have his own thoughts, because he's from china, we do, because we are not from China. Seriously? Haven't you guys all been under the constant influence of your media, the books you've read, the opinons and attitudes of your parents, teachers and prestiged frineds? Your belief/assumption that Chinese are more brainwashed than you are is sheerly based on either arrogance or ignorance.Up to now all I see is "This guy has points and arguments to back them up, we have nothing to back ours, how about we assert this guy is crazy and make whatever he said doesn't count."
I say it again for emphasis.

We can just ignore it... like a nuke from orbit, it's the only way to be sure...

Laser
emacs -nw

22 Jul 2018, 14:50

I still think Mr. Nobody has to prove that what he writes is the result of his own thoughts. So far he looks like an ideological puppet. A fitting name.
In an old joke from the defunct German Democratic Republic, a German worker gets a job in Siberia; aware of how all mail will be read by censors, he tells his friends: “Let’s establish a code: if a letter you will get from me is written in ordinary blue ink, it is true; if it is written in red ink, it is false.” After a month, his friends get the first letter, written in blue ink: “Everything is wonderful here: stores are full, food is abundant, apartments are large and properly heated, movie theaters show films from the West, there are many beautiful girls ready for an affair—the only thing unavailable is red ink.”

vometia
irritant

22 Jul 2018, 19:14

Blimey, are these shit-stirring topics still a thing? I guess I'll go with the old wisdom of "don't feed the troll" as it's harder to ignore someone when everyone replies to them.

And yeah, guilty as charged. I need a lie down.

webwit
Wild Duck

22 Jul 2018, 21:03

Mr.Nobody wrote: @webit & Bass
Salute to you guys, for your concise and precise contents of your replies which reflect a deep understanding of the matter.
Yes, but now you've got to play and name some Chinese propaganda, otherwise you fail just as hard as the people looking away at the oil wars were we're the bad guys. :twisted:

vivalarevolución
formerly prdlm2009

22 Jul 2018, 21:58

chuckdee wrote:
Mr.Nobody wrote: @vivalarevolución

@laser
I say it again for emphasis.

We can just ignore it... like a nuke from orbit, it's the only way to be sure...
Yes, trolls just want attention, regardless of what kind of attention.

Mr.Nobody

24 Jul 2018, 13:19

Norman_ wrote: Maybe Mr. nobody writes all these meaningless text walls because he like typing on his wonderful mechanical keyboard collection
The second half of your reply is right. ;) However the first half of it is simply not true.

@laser
If you want to prove to me you have a complete stuck mindset and I've overrated you, then you've succeeded. I wonder why people have to be stuck in 1950s when they are living in 2018, maybe because the past is too traumatic.
webwit wrote:
Mr.Nobody wrote: @webit & Bass
Yes, but now you've got to play and name some Chinese propaganda, otherwise you fail just as hard as the people looking away at the oil wars were we're the bad guys. :twisted:
In fact, in China the generations born after 1970s have been taught that everything Western is better than ours in a very sutble but effective manner, that's why most Chinese people( I used to be one of them when I was in my younger age) in China automatically give foreigners or everything foreign prestige. I don't know whether this counts as a propaganda, if it does, it's a pro-West propaganda that I personally loathe very much. On the other hand, those who received education abroad or have worked in foreign countries are quite pro-China like me, maybe because they've seen the real West which isn't even half as good as touted.

@vivalarevolución
So I did this to get paid and attention uh? I'm a paid crazy troll, whatever, if this is how you rationalize it then just let it be...I don't mind at all, according to the "80/20 rule", only 20% are able to get it anyway.

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

24 Jul 2018, 15:29

vivalarevolución
formerly prdlm2009

24 Jul 2018, 16:15

Yes, Mr. Nobody, I think you are a paid Russian troll posing as a Chinese national with the intent to sow distrust among western nations and their citizens. Which is not necessary, because Dear Leader Orange Cheeto is handing the keys to world domination to China with every passing day. All China has to do is turn on the cruise control, pump up the music, and sit back and relax.

Also, the forests of the Pacific Northwest and the deserts of the American Southwest are twice as good as anything as China has to offer. Millions of Chinese visitors each year would agree.

And solid non-answer answer to the propaganda question. The propaganda has worked well on you.

andrewjoy

24 Jul 2018, 16:46

I am not saying i agree with Mr. Nobody ( at most of it ) but do you honestly believe all that Russia and China hysteria?

With all the North korea changes i am just waiting for Trumps Nobel peace prize, that should send salt prices to an all time low !

davkol

24 Jul 2018, 17:03

Dear andrewjoy,

do you approve of what's happening in Xinjiang?

Return to “Off-topic”