What's your piece of keyboard unobanium?

snacksthecat
✶✶✶✶

22 Sep 2018, 03:37

The keyboard you've always wanted. Whether real or a Frankenstein creation of your minds eye. What's the thing that you'd buy if it was available and money wasn't a factor?

fohat
Elder Messenger

22 Sep 2018, 15:43

lot_lizard's full-size M/F

22 Sep 2018, 16:29

hhkb hg

zrrion

22 Sep 2018, 17:27

I'd love to get a Datadesk Switchboard with the extra modules for it so that I could configure it to be a battleship, and mx or alps compatible reed switch would be super cool for a modern board.

ZedTheMan

22 Sep 2018, 18:06

A Northgate Labeled FK-555 in great condition (With dye-subs), an F107, or an M15.

If I had to choose between them all though, and money was truly no object, I'd probably go with the M15 (with the numpad, of course).

Ergonomic buckling springs just seem so unique. Since the funds are theoretically unlimited I'd make it capacitive buckling spring design instead, and make the case all powder coated zinc.

vometia
irritant

22 Sep 2018, 18:26

Model F switches in a Filco TKL case with nice spherical, heavy double-shot keycaps with big centred legends, and particular keys in interestingly random but purposeful-looking colours.

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

25 Sep 2018, 15:40

Kingsaver with blue Alps.

andrewjoy

25 Sep 2018, 15:44

I want a wang, With the blue sub legends .

webwit
Wild Duck

25 Sep 2018, 19:12

The Knight keyboard.

Muirium
µ

25 Sep 2018, 20:04

Webwit’s 60% beamspring…

Wouldn’t mind an industrial SSK, but to be honest I’m so HHKB loyal these days it would mostly be for having’s sake. I’m more about using what I have than filling the stash.

samuelcable

25 Sep 2018, 20:16

This isn't really *That* rare compared to other things here, but I'd love to own a counterstrike neo topre board, i know it has a gamer aethstetic but its origin and usage is interesting to me

snacksthecat
✶✶✶✶

25 Sep 2018, 23:10

samuelcable wrote: This isn't really *That* rare compared to other things here, but I'd love to own a counterstrike neo topre board, i know it has a gamer aethstetic but its origin and usage is interesting to me

Cool! I didn't know this existed.

kokokoy

26 Sep 2018, 11:32

This one keyboards-f2/here-s-my-new-and-1st-cust ... 10849.html

GB never happened on DT or it just was made private.

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

26 Sep 2018, 22:23

A smaller beamspring.

Myoth

26 Sep 2018, 22:27

hypkx wrote: A smaller beamspring.
this by any chance ? :lol:

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

27 Sep 2018, 18:54

Yes :lol:
It is so nice and also iso layout.

Myoth

27 Sep 2018, 19:17

KMAC Mini, without a doubt the keyboard I want the most...

vometia
irritant

27 Sep 2018, 20:57

That's kinda cute for a beamspring but it has to be one of the odder keyboard layouts out there. I spent quite a while just looking at it wondering if I could live with something so, erm, idiosyncratic. The blank keys giving that feeling of "guess what this does! Just guess!!" kind of adds to the overall vibe. :D

But y'know. It's a beamspring and it's cute. Yet it probably manages to weigh more than I do.

JBert

29 Sep 2018, 14:17

Model F XT with a more modern bottom row (i.e. smaller space bar and at least an extra super and Alt Gr key).

Modern beamspring.

An affordable DataHand, and now that we're posting unattainable wishes anyway it should better come with modern mouse support.

Darkshado

30 Sep 2018, 05:08

A Model F SSK with a current gen three button TrackPoint.

davkol

03 Oct 2018, 23:40

Typing on a keyboard is a chore. I can't wait for the true post-keyboard era, and by that I don't mean touchscreens with dumbed-down user interfaces—I'm curious about the future of gesture-detection and neural I/O.

Until then, I would like a keyboard based on the L89 dual-hand Maltron. I can't make myself actually build it, though, hence the Unobtainium.

Meanwhile, I'm about 80% content with nearly anything that has enough thumb keys and a custom keymap.

JP!

03 Oct 2018, 23:53

Modern high spec reproductions of brown, blue, and fat brown Alps switches with adapters to fit Cherry profile keys. Also a smaller scaled down version of the beamspring.

JP!

03 Oct 2018, 23:56

Also a couple more things, a portable beamspring built into a smallish suitcase, a custom keyboard built from a capacitive keyboard module pulled from an IBM Electric 85 typewriter, and a couple other ideas yet to do with my 3741 Data Station.

Hypersphere

04 Oct 2018, 01:06

Muirium wrote: Webwit’s 60% beamspring…
<snip>...
SuchPower50.png
SuchPower50.png (223.77 KiB) Viewed 114002 times
The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951)

adhoc

15 Oct 2018, 22:07

Muirium wrote: Wouldn’t mind an industrial SSK, but to be honest I’m so HHKB loyal these days it would mostly be for having’s sake
Exactly this.

FXT
XT

16 Oct 2018, 01:01

Right now an industrial FSSK or an Unsaver.

abrahamstechnology

07 Nov 2018, 18:31

Doubleshot buckling springs keycaps.

Muirium
µ

07 Nov 2018, 19:17

Seeing as we’re talking of the literally unobtainable now, I’d like UV immune ABS for pale cases and doubleshots. Brand new IBM quality buckling spring caps would be a pleasure, with dyesub legends bang on par with Model F originals. A new source for NMB space invaders caps would be just as welcome. An HHKB sized and layout Micro Swith Hall effect board would be nice, especially with Bluetooth. And how about Topre keyboards in new laptops?

Dreaming is all too easy.

abrahamstechnology

07 Nov 2018, 19:20

Muirium wrote: Seeing as we’re talking of the literally unobtainable now, I’d like UV immune ABS for pale cases and doubleshots. Brand new IBM quality buckling spring caps would be a pleasure, with dyesub legends bang on par with Model F originals. A new source for NMB space invaders caps would be just as welcome. An HHKB sized and layout Micro Swith Hall effect board would be nice, especially with Bluetooth. And how about Topre keyboards in new laptops?

Dreaming is all too easy.
Topre already has a low profile variant, so why not? Would be perfect for a laptop built like an old ThinkPad.

Hypersphere

08 Nov 2018, 17:19

60% with SKCM Blue Alps that sounds and feels like a full-size Leading Edge DC-3014 with SKCM Blue Alps.

Return to “Off-topic”