Teensy++ 2.0 clones?

snacksthecat
✶✶✶✶

23 Sep 2018, 16:04

Hi Guys,
I've purchased and still own several Teensy boards. I certainly would recommend anyone to buy the genuine units from PJRC and support them but I'm going to be working on a big huge bundle of boards. I need about 40 Teensy++ 2.0s so the originals just don't make sense for this project financially.

I was wondering if anyone knew of a good option for sourcing reliable Teensy++ 2.0 clone boards. I've had success with this guy from amazon but was wondering if there is anything else out there.

Thanks!

scottc

23 Sep 2018, 19:00

I got some clones from aliexpress because shipping from the USA was a nightmare. Some worked, some didn't.

If you're just making converters, why not use cheaper boards like Pro Micros? It should save you a lot.

Someone posted a load of interesting 32u4-based boards on my Soarer Converter Pro Micro thread a while ago, you might have luck with those.

snacksthecat
✶✶✶✶

23 Sep 2018, 19:05

scottc wrote: I got some clones from aliexpress because shipping from the USA was a nightmare. Some worked, some didn't.

If you're just making converters, why not use cheaper boards like Pro Micros? It should save you a lot.

Someone posted a load of interesting 32u4-based boards on my Soarer Converter Pro Micro thread a while ago, you might have luck with those.
For these I'm going to be doing controller replacements so I need about 27 pins (if I remember correctly).

Return to “Off-topic”