Any pilots out here?

Darkshado

25 Sep 2018, 05:59

Hello everyone,

Following two consecutive replies in another thread I thought I'd open this topic... so, anyone else with a licence?

Me? Much of my stuff is lapsed by now... it's been a few years since I've last acted as PIC.

Regards,

Darkshado

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

25 Sep 2018, 14:11

macmakkara is an airplane and helicopter mechanic:
off-topic-f10/little-story-t11431.html? ... er#p249948

I soloed in a Cessna 152 back when I lived in the Bay Area in 2012. I was maybe 30 landings, 25 hours and a written test away from the checkride when life got in the way. Now I have three kids under 5 in daycare so all the time and money available for flying has dried up.

I'll say one thing, piloting teaches you responsibility in a way nothing else does.

andrewjoy

25 Sep 2018, 14:15

I have flown a training plane a few times and a glider(not solo ofc) that's about it.

Its fun but expensive.

chuckdee

25 Sep 2018, 15:09

andrewjoy wrote: I have flown a training plane a few times and a glider(not solo ofc) that's about it.

Its fun but expensive.
Same here. I started logging my flights for an eventual license, but once I stopped contracting, the price was prohibitive. I'd love to get back into it.

One of the most fun things, and one of the misconceptions I had before flying is the downtime once you're in the air. I remember when my first teacher told me to look around, take in the scenery, and I was so scared to take my eyes off the sky in front of me like I was on a road or something. I really miss that sense of serenity.

Muirium
µ

25 Sep 2018, 20:14

My brother got his pilot’s licence on his 18th birthday. Train with the Air Force, fellas! Then get out before they have you bombing villages in Iraq…

chuckdee

26 Sep 2018, 05:21

Muirium wrote: My brother got his pilot’s licence on his 18th birthday. Train with the Air Force, fellas! Then get out before they have you bombing villages in Iraq…
That chance came and went several years ago. Was going to college on an Air Force scholarship until I read the fine print. I ran away as fast as possible! Thankfully, I earned a few scholarships based on scholastic merit to pay for this expensive institution we call 'university'.

macmakkara

20 Nov 2018, 13:26

Ho thats been a while ago :D. Yeah i don’t have pilot licence and don’t have machanics licence yet. At my old place we didin’t need one... Now im working at commercial airline and working towards my mechanic licence.

Return to “Off-topic”