New forum design -

ShivaYash

03 Feb 2019, 11:25

Dear all,

I'm not a technical expert when it comes to the websites but I've noted the change of format for DT. Since this change I cannot access DT via Tapatalk - what am I doing wrong?

With thanks in advance,
SY

Muirium
µ

03 Feb 2019, 13:44

Oh, that’s why we’re free from sig spam lately. I like it!

scottc

03 Feb 2019, 15:02

Tapatalk support was removed, I remember matt3o mentioned it in passing in the "DT Update Log & To-Do" thread.

derzemel

03 Feb 2019, 21:31

scottc wrote:
Tapatalk support was removed, I remember matt3o mentioned it in passing in the "DT Update Log & To-Do" thread.
Tapatalk was useful on mobile for the previous DT design, but now, with the new design, the forum actually looks very nice on mobile (even more so than on PC :P )

ShivaYash

03 Feb 2019, 21:53

Got it -

scottc

07 Feb 2019, 04:11

derzemel wrote:
03 Feb 2019, 21:31
scottc wrote:
Tapatalk was useful on mobile for the previous DT design, but now, with the new design, the forum actually looks very nice on mobile (even more so than on PC :P )
Yeah, the site works beautifully on mobile now :)

Muirium
µ

07 Feb 2019, 08:57

Indeed it does. Even without JavaScript! Impressive.

The Megaphone / “News” tab seems to be superfluous. There’s no news in there, its functionality is a duplication of the almighty Spy. Could we swap it out for Search? I use that function very often indeed, and it’s tucked away in the collapsed menu.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

07 Feb 2019, 09:10

Muirium wrote:
07 Feb 2019, 08:57
Indeed it does. Even without JavaScript! Impressive.

The Megaphone / “News” tab seems to be superfluous. There’s no news in there, its functionality is a duplication of the almighty Spy. Could we swap it out for Search? I use that function very often indeed, and it’s tucked away in the collapsed menu.
it's not a duplication of spy. Spy is a hourly/daily update. News is global. If you check the site every 3-4 days (or more) the spy is useless.

Muirium
µ

07 Feb 2019, 09:34

So you mean News is a record of *every* update since your last visit? Wouldn’t that be overwhelming? If you’re not coming much, the last thing you want is a massive inbox surely!

The best thing about the Spy is its recency. It’s the ideal place to dive back in. Sure, it’s not completionist. That’s the point. Be a Buddhist and let the unseen updates go!

Anyway, Search is hugely useful and I’d really like it to be on the visible list. I honestly still look for it there every damn time, so certain it must be there and my memory is what’s faulty!

matt3o
-[°_°]-

07 Feb 2019, 09:54

Muirium wrote:
07 Feb 2019, 09:34
The best thing about the Spy is its recency. It’s the ideal place to dive back in. Sure, it’s not completionist. That’s the point. Be a Buddhist and let the unseen updates go!
I disagree. The spy is the best place to miss interesting discussions that happened just a few days ago but they are not "actual" anymore. The spy is reddit. News is forum.

Muirium
µ

07 Feb 2019, 10:03

Fine. I gave my argument. But I know others are different.

Still aching for Search to regain its rightful place up there!

matt3o
-[°_°]-

07 Feb 2019, 10:26

Muirium wrote:
07 Feb 2019, 10:03
Still aching for Search to regain its rightful place up there!
I hear you

Return to “Off-topic”