Monitor Arms

instantkamera

04 Feb 2011, 00:51

sixty wrote:Nice case! Somehow I also like the colors of your wall, and of course - good choice on your distro too :P
Thanks*3 ...The case is by Finnish company Fractal (maybe Im telling you something you already know), they are gaining in popularity now that they are available over here in NA.

The walls were that colour when I moved in (there is another room that is pink that my wife got for her craft room), but I like them too. Im a big fan of blue and as a child my bedroom was actually this exact same colour.

Arch is 100% the shit, Im not sure I would ever use another distro for my own machines (the little netbook is running arch as well), but alas, I work in a RedHat-based environment (dual screen setup is the work comp - some dell c2d clunker).
Minskleip wrote: You have your own business? How is it working out these days?

1200 E a month and use the second bedroom as a working area could work, if the business went that well.
No, I have actually worked for the same company for ~4-5 years and they recently allowed me to work from home as I moved about 6 hours away from the office :D

Minskleip

04 Feb 2011, 01:25

instantkamera wrote:
Minskleip wrote: You have your own business? How is it working out these days?

1200 E a month and use the second bedroom as a working area could work, if the business went that well.
No, I have actually worked for the same company for ~4-5 years and they recently allowed me to work from home as I moved about 6 hours away from the office :D
That's sound swell, and very hard! I'd have a hard time not playing with myself^H^H^H^H keyboards all the time lol.

instantkamera

04 Feb 2011, 05:13

It's not HARD, it's my job. I like it, so that certainly helps. Also, after being forced to work from home at a previous job (due to a sudden move from one office to another that was not yet fully constructed), I learned very well what bad habits to avoid. It's very important that one maintain a separation of work and home, so my own separate room was a necessity - something I can close up and walk away from. My employer is very good with scheduling, so I work real office hours, and I am not expected to be available outside of those hours just because my office is in my home. As far as doing things that are not my job, again my employer is able to track my productivity fairly well, much the same as if I were actually there. They were never too restrictive in the first place so it's basically no different.

ynih

04 Feb 2011, 08:46

Lucky....But I don't know if i can swing the whole working-from-home-thing...I know I'll get distracted and started doing random stuff like looking at keyboards >_>. hahah

Return to “Off-topic”