• Dogs aren't that great.
• I don't like Johnny Depp.

depletedvespene

23 Jun 2019, 13:33

All right...
  • Mote con huesillos is crap.
  • Raw cochayuyo is great.
  • Firefox is better than Chrome.
  • If you push the political implications aside (admittedly a pretty difficult thing to do), Cara al Sol is a pretty good song.
  • Scroll Lock is a more important key than Num Lock.

derzemel

23 Jun 2019, 23:50

Norbauer's cases design is too industrial/brutalist.

Polecat

24 Jun 2019, 00:21

Someone else's ignorance is not as good as my knowledge.

andrewjoy

24 Jun 2019, 16:19

Four more years. MAGA!
Boris for PM!

samuelcable

24 Jun 2019, 16:24

PlacaFromHell wrote:
23 Jun 2019, 08:45
Why not start a thread of unpopular opinions? I begin:
• Oreo cookies' filling taste dreadful.
i like mx brown and the old realforce bottom row
i still play tf2
not much into marvel movies, they all feel samey to me
i enjoy Lua to program with
I dont like gateron and kailh compared to cherry

samuelcable

24 Jun 2019, 16:25

derzemel wrote:
they are literally a square block

depletedvespene

24 Jun 2019, 16:35

samuelcable wrote:
24 Jun 2019, 16:25
derzemel wrote:
they are literally a square block
A waxed square block, mind you.

vivalarevolución
formerly prdlm2009

24 Jun 2019, 18:38

PlacaFromHell wrote:
I actually agree with all these.

-Oreos make me sick.
-Dogs are fun but too high maintenance.
-Johnny Depp seems like an asshat.

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

24 Jun 2019, 18:46

vivalarevolución wrote:
-Oreos make me sick.
Yeah there are all kinds of fillers and chemicals used in oreos, so it just gets stuck in your throat and you feel gross after.
vivalarevolución wrote:
Dogs are worth the maintenance imo ;)
vivalarevolución wrote:
-Johnny Depp seems like an asshat.
He sure dresses like one:
Johnny-Depp.jpg
Johnny-Depp.jpg (81.34 KiB) Viewed 68489 times

depletedvespene

24 Jun 2019, 19:07

Redmaus wrote:
vivalarevolución wrote:
-Oreos make me sick.
Yeah there are all kinds of fillers and chemicals used in oreos, so it just gets stuck in your throat and you feel gross after.
If "proper" USA-made Oreos make you sick, then you DONT want to even be near Argentina-made Oreos. Those are NOT a copycat, but a properly licensed product, yet they are SO bad, it defies belief — where I lived, they imported them for a time, but they went back to the US product after local consumers (sheeplest of the sheeple) flat-out refused to keep purchasing them...

Redmaus wrote:
vivalarevolución wrote:
Dogs are worth the maintenance imo ;)
MOST dogs are. Some dogs, however...

Chyros

24 Jun 2019, 21:19

Eating oreos without milk should be a criminal offence anyway. Tastiness increases by +12000%!

Anyway,

*Family Guy, Friends, How I Met your Mother, and Big Bang Theory all suck ass and aren't funny in the slightest.
*Coffee is horrible and tastes like concentrated mud.
*The only thing that makes tea even vaguely palatable is that it's not coffee.
*Vegetables are rabbit food and should GTFO.

depletedvespene

24 Jun 2019, 21:23

Chyros wrote:
Vegetables are rabbit food and should GTFO.
... but is peanut butter artsy in and of itself?

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

24 Jun 2019, 21:40

Chyros wrote:
Eating oreos without milk should be a criminal offence anyway. Tastiness increases by +12000%!
I always just ate them straight out of the box, milk sounds like a good idea now that you mention it :lol:
Chyros wrote:
*Family Guy, Friends, How I Met your Mother, and Big Bang Theory all suck ass and aren't funny in the slightest.
+ respek Chyros 8-)

I don't like coffee either, preworkout ftw!

vivalarevolución
formerly prdlm2009

25 Jun 2019, 02:07

Chyros wrote:

Anyway,

My deepest condolences that you are so exposed to American sitcoms. They are frightening.

PlacaFromHell

25 Jun 2019, 04:23

A few more:
• Assembler is way better and easier than Arduino.
• Judge an ideology only for their representatives (or even worst, a few of them) is quite idiot.

zrrion

25 Jun 2019, 05:14

If we're having a postcount++ thread I might as well get some sweet ++ out of it.
  • You can and should mix doctor pepper and milk in equal parts.
  • Cigarettes and used engine oil smell good
  • and >8 u spacebar is not unreasonable.

Chyros

25 Jun 2019, 09:14

Redmaus wrote:
24 Jun 2019, 21:40
Chyros wrote:
I always just ate them straight out of the box, milk sounds like a good idea now that you mention it :lol:
Dunk them in it until they become soft but don't fall apart yet, then proceed to eat. It'll change your life!

Khers

25 Jun 2019, 09:50

I wonder whether the topology of an Oreo has any impact on Dr. Fisher's biscuit dunking formula.

PlacaFromHell

25 Jun 2019, 10:06

Khers wrote:
25 Jun 2019, 09:50
I wonder whether the topology of an Oreo has any impact on Dr. Fisher's biscuit dunking formula.
Dude, I took aside the cream of an entire package. At least here, the cookie itself is the best one in the market. Not too hard, not too soft and not overwhelmingly sweet. They aren't chocolate flavored by themselves but very close. Every good feature gets instantly deleted when your tongue touches the cream. It's sweeter than a cube of refined sugar and the texture is so BAD, something like a granulated margarine.
For some reason, the national argentine cookies are dry as fuck and very hard, but because of the jizz mush inside the Oreos I preffer them over the global favorite.

Findecanor

25 Jun 2019, 12:34

• Bottom row with 6u Space Bar and 1.5u/1u mods is the best bottom row.
• Italian coffee is awful: indistinguishable from tar-water, no matter how much milk you add. Using Arabica beans to over-roast it into Italian coffee is wasteful: you would only burn away all its good qualities.

I don't care about superhero movies, and I don't think I have ever eaten an Oreo: they just don't look very appealing to me.

I think that a brain-dead sitcom can be entertaining when your mind is tired after a long work-day. That's the niche they would fit into. But I can definitely be without exploitation of stereotypes and unsympathetic lead characters. And I do find that Family Guy is usually hit-or-miss: some of its "running gags" are just not funny.

depletedvespene

25 Jun 2019, 12:37

It's a padlock, not a handbag.

There. I've said it.

depletedvespene

25 Jun 2019, 12:40

Most national keyboard layouts are in dire need of revision. But the US English layout (ANSI or not, that's another matter) is the worst of all — how does it escape everyone's notice the fact that it's the only one that is fully supported by ASCII?

Engicoder

25 Jun 2019, 15:33

Not sure I follow. What do you mean by "US English" layout being supported by ASCII? ASCII predates pretty much any keyboard layout.

SneakyRobb
THINK

25 Jun 2019, 15:45

PlacaFromHell wrote:
Agree with 2 and 3, Oreos are not that bad in my opinion though

- I think Model M keyboards are mediocre.
Chyros wrote:

Anyway,

Sitcoms- true
Coffee is bad, but caffeine is good.
Tea taste is like "hollistic medicine" - It's water with the "esscence" of grass
Vegetables keep you regular. Eggplant is bad though

Findecanor

25 Jun 2019, 15:47

How about this for an unpopular opinion:
Many cell phone users (outside Japan at least) behave badly, and I see many people addicted to them.
To curb this, cell phone use (talking or otherwise) should be forbidden while walking or standing in public walking paths — with strict fines. (You sit down or stand out of the way!)
Use of handsfree in crowded areas (where you can't see that someone is talking on the phone and not to you) should be forbidden. If you want to use handsfree, you use it in a closed motorcycle helmet or a closed car. Mobile OS'es should be required turn off all other interaction if handsfree is engaged. (No cheating)
Mobile OS'es should be required to shut off screen interaction if they detect movement (No non-handsfree cell phone use while driving), or shut off more if told so by a local beacon over WiFi (Movie theatre, hospital X-ray ward).
Public transport should offer free casual Wi-Fi, but instead of cell-phone repeaters there should be these beacons that turn off cell reception. Proper etiquette should also be taught in schools.
Last edited by Findecanor on 25 Jun 2019, 15:48, edited 1 time in total.

depletedvespene

25 Jun 2019, 15:48

That's kinda the point. Look up an ASCII table, then look at the keyboard - all of its letters, numbers and symbols are indeed in the (7 bit) ASCII standard. Now look up a Spanish, or German, or Finnish, or Italian keyboard: Ñ ẞ Ä ¿ Ç «» ... none of those characters are, indeed, in ASCII — you have to go to the next standard (ISO8859-*) to get them.

And that's not all of it: consider the em dash, the en dash, the proper directional quote signs and other symbols that ARE used in English: neither in the US English keyboard... nor in ASCII. The latter had a reason for it at its time, and as a standard has been superseded... yet the US English keyboard layout remains the same (and as I did say, most keyboard layouts are in dire need of revision, in part for the same reason).

depletedvespene

25 Jun 2019, 15:49

SneakyRobb wrote:
25 Jun 2019, 15:45
Vegetables keep you regular. Eggplant is bad though
Ok, guys, repeat after me: eggplants aren't food.

Findecanor

25 Jun 2019, 15:58

depletedvespene wrote:
[US English layout is] the only one that is fully supported by ASCII [.]
I believe ASCII was created from an collection of US keyboard layouts for English typewriters and telegraph (like) systems, not the other way around. Of most significance would have been the IBM Selectric at the time.
ASCII was designed so that there could be "ASCII keyboards" for computers that produced ASCII directly. The Shift key flipped only one bit in ASCII, and the Control key flipped another bit.
(I wrote a stub in the Wiki about them, but I forgot to add references ...)

Then the IBM PC US-ANSI layout was created from another variant of the IBM Selectric, which is why the shifted symbols are not in the same order on the keyboard as in ASCII.
depletedvespene wrote:
That's not an opinion. That's a fact. :)

depletedvespene

25 Jun 2019, 16:09

Findecanor wrote:
depletedvespene wrote:
[US English layout is] the only one that is fully supported by ASCII [.]
I believe ASCII was created from an collection of US keyboard layouts for English typewriters and telegraph (like) systems, not the other way around. Of most significance would have been the IBM Selectric at the time.
PRECISELY. The problem is that while at the time the US English keyboard layout was considered sufficient, and ASCII coded this set of symbols on it onto a standard, this standard was later superseded by others (Unicode in the present, and Multicode still a few years into teh futureh) on account of the need for more symbols, but the US English keyboard layout has remained pretty much untouched... and nowadays is objectively (YMMV, IMHO) a serious limiting factor for English speakers, even if we forget all about other languages (see my previous comment on "extra" symbols commonly used in English).

Findecanor wrote:
depletedvespene wrote:
That's not an opinion. That's a fact. :)
Tell that to the handbaggers. :mrgreen:

Return to “Off-topic”