[unpopular opinion was unpopular]

webwit
Wild Duck

06 Jan 2021, 00:07

Weezer wrote:
02 Jan 2021, 13:22
webwit wrote:
01 Jan 2021, 18:02
I always have to laugh at the irony, when humans call other animals a pest.
Is it hypocritical? Definitely. Ironic? Depends on whether you expected humans to be a pest or not :P
I stand corrected on the semantics ;) Hypocritical and/or ironic it is.
mr_a500 wrote:
04 Jan 2021, 19:23
[unpopular opinion was unpopular]
If we're looking at the scope of the Universe and what's important or not, or just from a philosophical standpoint , I don't know. Your dog might be a better boy than you, but not appreciate Van Gogh or Beethoven. What's better? Everyone and everything will die and entropy will win. Happy new year everyone :D

Weezer

07 Jan 2021, 08:16

You wouldn't believe how many women thrust themselves upon me after seeing my masterful understanding of internet semantics.

mr_a500

07 Jan 2021, 13:13

Weezer wrote:
07 Jan 2021, 08:16
You wouldn't believe how many women thrust themselves upon me after seeing my masterful understanding of internet semantics.
Probably about as many women that thrust themselves upon me when I discuss the details of keyboard switches.

I do it in a suave Bond-style double entendre. She breathlessly asks if it will be tactile or clicky, but I have to reluctantly admit it will be mostly linear. They always look a bit disappointed by that.

mr_a500

07 Jan 2021, 13:37

webwit wrote:
Everyone and everything will die and entropy will win.
I tried beating entropy, but lost. It beat the shit out of me. Now whenever I see entropy, I just turn around, walk the other way and casually pretend I didn't see it.

Rayndalf

07 Jan 2021, 15:48

mr_a500 wrote:
07 Jan 2021, 13:37
webwit wrote:
Everyone and everything will die and entropy will win.
I tried beating entropy, but lost. It beat the shit out of me. Now whenever I see entropy, I just turn around, walk the other way and casually pretend I didn't see it.
As long as life exists entropy is the one running scared. And perfectly dissipated matter sounds pretty orderly to me, so I think this entropy guy needs to rethink his strategy.

RobinSm89

28 Jan 2021, 10:14

I love the taste of Oreo cookies, but it's very strange that there is nothing dairy in the filling and it is completely vegan (I was shocked when I found out)
I love Logitech company
Google Chrome is definitely worse than Firefox

Burton

03 Mar 2021, 12:38

RobinSm89 wrote:
I love the taste of Oreo cookies, but it's very strange that there is nothing dairy in the filling and it is completely vegan (I was shocked when I found out)
I love Logitech company
Google Chrome is definitely worse than Firefox
I have a feeling that you overheard my thoughts. In addition to your list, I think Apple products are an unnecessary overpricing. Of course, their operating systems are cool and convenient, but there are many problems with the selection of software. A lot of programs are released exclusively for Windows and it is extremely difficult to find an analogue for MacBook. Not to mention that for the same money you can buy a more powerful laptop / phone / tablet from another brand.

Bjerrk

09 Mar 2021, 16:00

RobinSm89 wrote:
I was sort of anti-surprised when I found out, because the filling has always reminded me of margarine. (That's a bad thing 😉)

CallmeJohn

12 Mar 2021, 14:11

iPods and other mp3 players are better than music streaming platforms. No ads, I own all my music and I don't have to use my phone's battery. Not sure how unpopular this opinion is on here but anyone I've talked to just doesn't get it.

Findecanor

12 Mar 2021, 16:02

CallmeJohn wrote:
iPods and other mp3 players are better than music streaming platforms. No ads, I own all my music and I don't have to use my phone's battery. Not sure how unpopular this opinion is on here but anyone I've talked to just doesn't get it.
Streaming services don't have my music collection either.
I would like to put it on a SD card and put it in my smartphone but it doesn't have a SD-card slot.

Muirium
µ

12 Mar 2021, 16:45

Phones need a CD slot.

Tablets need a record player.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

12 Mar 2021, 16:48

Muirium wrote:
Phones need a CD slot.

You gonna walk around here from thread to thread and just cause trouble?
Rough people up and piss in vending machines?

My unpopular opinion is: keep it up.

Muirium
µ

12 Mar 2021, 16:57

Wodan wrote:
Rough people up and piss in vending machines?
I've put CDs in my PowerBook's optical slot plenty times, if that's what you mean.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

12 Mar 2021, 17:05

Wodan wrote:
[…] walk around here from thread to thread and just cause trouble? […]
:lol:

Findecanor

12 Mar 2021, 17:05

Muirium wrote:
Phones need a CD slot.

Well, the thing is that my tablet does have an SD-card slot that I have used this way. That's why I find it so useful.
It is a bit big to carry around in my pocket though.

I think that if a type of device is supposed to replace an earlier device, there should not be too many tradeoffs in doing so.
Another thing on the same theme: is that it neither the tablet or "phone" works as a USB storage device, giving access to my photos from the computer, even though the hardware very well would be able to.
Last edited by Findecanor on 13 Mar 2021, 23:55, edited 2 times in total.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

12 Mar 2021, 17:07

Muirium wrote:
12 Mar 2021, 16:57
I've put CDs in my PowerBook's optical slot plenty times, if that's what you mean.
Spoiler:
That's just too much for my dirty mind on a friday afternoon!

Findecanor

13 Mar 2021, 23:56

I like pinapple on pizza.

Go-Kart

14 Mar 2021, 20:48

Findecanor wrote:
13 Mar 2021, 23:56
I like pinapple on pizza.
Ditto.

Chyros

15 Mar 2021, 12:23

CallmeJohn wrote:
I use a DAP too. Definitely prefer it to listening to music on my phone, and streaming platforms are absolute rubbish. Things like Spotify in no way satisfy my music demand, it's way too limited. I don't understand how people can subsist on Spotify, do they just exclusively listen to pop music or something?

Muirium
µ

15 Mar 2021, 13:23

You’ll never stay hip if you’re listening to the same old tunes, old man. Get with the fashion!

(Around here, I know this will be the truly unpopular opinion! And I’m a hypocrite besides!)

Bjerrk

15 Mar 2021, 13:29

False dichotomy, I proclaim!
I can listen to Spotify and my old tapes at the same time. Well, not at the same time. Unless I am doing some edgy art installation. Which would, come to think of it, fit in well with my apartment after a year of staying inside ...

Muirium
µ

15 Mar 2021, 14:31

The only good dichotomy is a false dichotomy.

PlacaFromHell

15 Mar 2021, 19:52

I like green apples more than red apples

depletedvespene

15 Mar 2021, 20:03

PlacaFromHell wrote:
That would have been an unpopular opinion two or three decades ago, but not so today, given how BAD red apples have become.

PlacaFromHell

15 Mar 2021, 21:11

depletedvespene wrote:
PlacaFromHell wrote:
That would have been an unpopular opinion two or three decades ago, but not so today, given how BAD red apples have become.
That's somehow true, green apples are a sort of high end thing right now, but given the fact that red apples are more widely available and when someone talks about apples the red one is the first appearing in your mind, I bet they're, at least in a cultural way, more popular.

Muirium
µ

15 Mar 2021, 21:17

How about yellow apples? I’ve tried them. They… don’t quite live up to their striking appearance.

Was trying to think of a key switch analogy. Tricky. I don’t think they’re as cool as taxicab yellow Alps, that’s for sure.

TNT

15 Mar 2021, 21:23

I dislike green apples. Since we're on the topic of fruit, I also hate "greenish" pears (the ones that don't get soft when they're ripe). Truly disgustang!

Muirium
µ

15 Mar 2021, 21:24

Rocha is the apex pear. Conference pears can go pound dirt.

Bjerrk

15 Mar 2021, 21:28

PlacaFromHell wrote:
15 Mar 2021, 21:11
depletedvespene wrote:
PlacaFromHell wrote:
That's somehow true, green apples are a sort of high end thing right now, but given the fact that red apples are more widely available and when someone talks about apples the red one is the first appearing in your mind, I bet they're, at least in a cultural way, more popular.
Is this all an American thing? Here (Denmark), apples are usually multicoloured and taste great.

Damn, I love apples. Apples apples apples!

Return to “Off-topic”