Poll ended at 02 Apr 2012, 04:04

This loss saddens me.
7%
This loss does not sadden me.
93%

Total votes: 43

glossywhite

26 Mar 2012, 03:19

Please ban me, to prove you have no other reason to but this. You'll help me out, by proving how utterly uptight you all are, and why my being here is a waste OF MY time. Your loss, so ban me and do me a favour.

Do me a favour, so I have no choice except to ONLY choose the best: geekhack.
;) ;) ;) ;)

webwit
Wild Duck

26 Mar 2012, 04:06

I am devastated and added a little poll.

ripster

26 Mar 2012, 04:12

Depends where he goes.

webwit
Wild Duck

26 Mar 2012, 04:13

He found salvation when he finally found the off-topic section.

MyNameIsFinn

26 Mar 2012, 04:53

Desperate plea for attention.

cactux

26 Mar 2012, 08:35

[Account and posts deleted on request]

Topre Enthusiast

26 Mar 2012, 08:41

He should have hung around 'til the next Deskthority Awards. He would have taken the Drama Queen title for sure.

Jim66

26 Mar 2012, 11:19

I think you'll be right at home on GH. Goodbye.

mintberryminuscrunch

26 Mar 2012, 11:24

who is this guy?

Jim66

26 Mar 2012, 11:39

mintberryminuscrunch wrote:who is this guy?
'Off-topic/useless post' padawan. He appears to have some kind of obsession with Ripster over at GH.

cactux

26 Mar 2012, 12:43

[Account and posts deleted on request]

dirge

26 Mar 2012, 14:43

mintberryminuscrunch wrote:who is this guy?
The only person on my ignore list.

ripster

26 Mar 2012, 15:48

ripster wrote:Depends where he goes.
As I predicted he ended up spamming Geekhack, I reported him, he got tempbanned.

The Earth spins with little change in rotational speed.

I enjoyed the video Webwit. Very calming.

Namaste.

RC-1140

27 Mar 2012, 21:31

ripster wrote:
ripster wrote:Depends where he goes.
As I predicted he ended up spamming Geekhack, I reported him, he got tempbanned.

The Earth spins with little change in rotational speed.

I enjoyed the video Webwit. Very calming.

Namaste.
bwahaha, somehow I did see this coming. Well, maybe he discovers another Forum to spam, like OCN. But him spamming GH was really predictable...

Trent

29 Mar 2012, 04:11

I think this about sums it up:

The real problem was the contribution. He posted a lot, and probably would be better suited for writing in a wiki rather than posting information in a forum. Most of his threads never carried a conversation, but others here don't seem to have that same problem:

Not to mention the stupidest thread I have seen here:

Few tried to guide him in his quest for information:

But I loved this one:

Charlie_Brown_MX

29 Mar 2012, 16:28

Trent wrote:The real problem was the contribution. He posted a lot, and probably would be better suited for writing in a wiki rather than posting information in a forum. Most of his threads never carried a conversation, but others here don't seem to have that same problem[.]
He posted a lot, but he definitely wouldn’t be better suited to writing a wiki. The quality of his contributions was, at best, piss-poor. He alternated between sharing his inane thoughts outloud and outright trolling. That is *not* someone I would trust to write a good wiki. He’s shit all over it then bail out when people started getting angry.

ripster

29 Mar 2012, 17:04

I don't think you got the analogy the author was intending.

Trent

29 Mar 2012, 19:45

koralatov wrote:
Trent wrote:The real problem was the contribution. He posted a lot, and probably would be better suited for writing in a wiki rather than posting information in a forum. Most of his threads never carried a conversation, but others here don't seem to have that same problem[.]
He posted a lot, but he definitely wouldn’t be better suited to writing a wiki. The quality of his contributions was, at best, piss-poor. He alternated between sharing his inane thoughts outloud and outright trolling. That is *not* someone I would trust to write a good wiki. He’s shit all over it then bail out when people started getting angry.
Very true, I was just commenting on the mass amount of (useless) information he was able to generate.

off

30 Mar 2012, 14:06

so OP, off your period yet?

nice vid though

Ascaii
The Beard

30 Mar 2012, 20:10

Pretty sure he is permanently banned now.

ripster

31 Mar 2012, 01:59

Doubt it. Just not posting.

He's off ban at Geekhack but is probably appalled at the current state of the Social Network.

Charlie_Brown_MX

11 Apr 2012, 08:39

He’s back, but is now posting under the name 1395985. He’s carrying out a pair of sales on there, and generally being his usual charming self.

Hopefully he won’t come back here; Geekhack seems a more fitting place for him.

demik

11 Apr 2012, 08:48

koralatov wrote:He’s back, but is now posting under the name 1395985. He’s carrying out a pair of sales on there, and generally being his usual charming self.

Hopefully he won’t come back here; Geekhack seems a more fitting place for him.
eh, don't see why you needed to throw that side jab at GH. but good to know so we can look out for him and his annoying posts.

Input Nirvana

11 Apr 2012, 08:57

GH being shut down for so long gave me the opportunity to finally see the movie X-men First Class. (not really)

But, anyone notice how cute it is when January Jones blinks? Sort of like a hot, blonde genie.

Tarkoon

11 Apr 2012, 13:14

Could it be, that he tries it with multiple accounts now?
http://geekhack.org/showthread.php?3011 ... -(UK-only)
Same writing style, also UK only, brand new account, ...
What do you think? =)

Brian8bit

11 Apr 2012, 13:18

I honestly don't care where he is so long as it's not here :)

off

11 Apr 2012, 13:43

Oh come on people- he's just a kid (I guess);
I mean topics like these are really asking for it, I'll admit, but it's not like he's the scum of the earth.

There's Ripster, /KL, and a shitload more; none are all bad.
There's even greedy sobs buying stuff (for scraps) from people that can't tell it's supposed value and making biiiig bucks from that simply because they can; those I'd value way lower than f.i. GW.
*Plus it's stuff like this (the hateful atmosphere) that got rid of welly and sandy afair.*
*edit: realised I haven't got a clue on that part, guesswork&conjecture basically.
Last edited by off on 27 Apr 2012, 02:46, edited 1 time in total.

Charlie_Brown_MX

11 Apr 2012, 13:51

Tarkoon wrote:Could it be, that he tries it with multiple accounts now?
http://geekhack.org/showthread.php?3011 ... -(UK-only)
Same writing style, also UK only, brand new account, ...
What do you think? =)
I’d say there’s a good chance that’s him too.

off wrote:Oh come on people- he's just a kid (I guess);
I mean topics like these are really asking for it, I'll admit, but it's not like he's the scum of the earth.

There's Ripster, /KL, and a shitload more; none are all bad.
There's even greedy sobs buying stuff (for scraps) from people that can't tell it's supposed value and making biiiig bucks from that simply because they can; those I'd value way lower than f.i. GW.
*Plus it's stuff like this (the hateful atmosphere) that got rid of welly and sandy afair.
No-one is saying he’s the scum of the earth, or even that he’s the worst of them, but he does lower the tone, and generally pollute the board with his antics. Guys like him are the reason Geekhack is Derpsville now, and I’d hate to see that happen here as well.

off

11 Apr 2012, 14:08

Though I agree that not reading/searching and just posting drags down spirits and the forum in general, the hatorade does so too, and not in a small way. ;)

ripster

11 Apr 2012, 16:25

More SunnyD than Hatorade.

Similar amount of artificial ingredients sometimes.

Return to “Off-topic”