Deskthority Secret Santa 2019

Compgeke

06 Nov 2019, 22:10

It's that time of year again! Rather than dropping the ball and giving like 3 days for everything, I'll get it going on time this year. Signups will be open for the next 3 weeks give or take, leaving ~1 month to get everything shipped and delivered.

Anyone who's joined the forum in the last month give or take is welcome to signup!

Rules:
1. PM me your nickname and address and I'll throw you on the list. Please use a format of "Secret Santa 2019 $yourusername" for the message title.
2. DEADLINE to send me your address is November 25th, 2019 . I'll have everyone's names matched and PM'd by November 28th any any luck.
3. Please mail your gift by December 11th. Not everything will arrive by Christmas but the sooner we ship the sooner it arrives.
4. Matches will be randomly generated. Don't worry though, Jim and Fred won't be sending each other gifts. It'll be closer to Jim -> Harry, Harry -> Fred, Fred -> Jim.
5. Once you receive your gift, please take a picture and post it in the Secret Santa 2019 Photo Thread.
6. Members that joined Deskthority before October 9th, 2019 are eligible to join. Alternatively, if you can get a trustworthy user to vouch for you I'll be glad to throw you in.
7. The size and value of the gift is open, but it should be keyboard related. For bonus points throw in some of your local candy or treats. Who doesn't like that stuff?
8. Shipping charges are on you. This is a worldwide event and as such you might end up shipping internationally. If required mention it in the PM and I'll try and match you with someone in the same geographical area. Sometimes we've got a great idea but can't front that $80 shipping. It happens.
9. You may be excluded from Secret Santa if last year you blew off the whole shipping something/responding to messages thing. The dictator in charge still has the last 2 or 3 years of lists :) .

Current List:
Compgeke (US)
ZedTheMan (US)
Yuchipashe (PH)
zrrion (US)
Darkshado (CA)
CountNoctua (US)
AdrianMan (RO)
gogusrl (RO)
Nuum (DE)

ZedTheMan

07 Nov 2019, 02:52

Joining again. Still haven't gotten the full thing from last year, but I'm looking forward to this one.

yuchipashe

07 Nov 2019, 04:07

Joining this year. Judging from the previous years almost everyone are from the western side of the world, so I'll probably be sending some keeb from the land of the east (specifically one with a sun that is rising) ;)

zrrion

07 Nov 2019, 04:49

throwing my hat into the mix here as well.

Darkshado

07 Nov 2019, 06:10

I'm in!

Compgeke

07 Nov 2019, 06:43

yuchipashe wrote:
Joining this year. Judging from the previous years almost everyone are from the western side of the world, so I'll probably be sending some keeb from the land of the east (specifically one with a sun that is rising) ;)
Most of our userbase here tends to bias towards US/Europe which really sucks for anyone literally anywhere else shipping wise. I'm in the US and I've been hit with that shipping to Germany - it really can suck.

yuchipashe

07 Nov 2019, 07:34

Compgeke wrote:
07 Nov 2019, 06:43
yuchipashe wrote:
Most of our userbase here tends to bias towards US/Europe which really sucks for anyone literally anywhere else shipping wise. I'm in the US and I've been hit with that shipping to Germany - it really can suck.
For me it's both positive and negative living here in Asia. Negative since an IBM Model M Square badge could cost 50Eur but shipping 4kg from Europe to PH would costs 90+ eur, but shipping 50Kg from JP and CN to PH costs less.

CountNoctua

09 Nov 2019, 01:10

I'm in! 8-)

Compgeke

09 Nov 2019, 02:02

Perfect! Now we just need some of our European friends to join in. Come on guys? Where're you at? It can't be all North America (+1 extra)!

Scarpia

09 Nov 2019, 12:35

I for my sake would love to join, except:

1) I pretty much have everything I could want apart from crazy expensive stuff like beamsprings and MT3 profile keycaps

2) the Secret Santas from previous years set the bar impossibly high, so I worry that my gift would end up seeming insultingly small/cheap (last time my gift was one of the only ones that wasn’t posted in the followup thread and I fear that the recipient may have just hated it)

3) shipping costs from Sweden are pretty outrageous and it’s a pity to pay 40 EUR to ship a 50 EUR gift.

AdrianMan

09 Nov 2019, 21:06

gogusrl

11 Nov 2019, 17:19

Did anyone miss me ? :)

Compgeke

22 Nov 2019, 19:49

Alright guys there's still time to sign up! We've got another 2 weeks before the deadline!

Don't feel threatened by gifts given in the past! There's no minimum budget, some years you get a full keyboard other years you get random odds and ends you end up using more (tbh) .

Compgeke

02 Dec 2019, 09:42

Okay sorry guys I'm a little slow on getting stuff sent out this year, other stuff in the way.

Soon(tm). Probably tonight.

ZedTheMan

04 Dec 2019, 16:04

Looking forward to seeing who I get!
Hopefully sooner than later so I can see if there's anything I need to make sure of.

andrewjoy

04 Dec 2019, 16:42

Compgeke wrote:
22 Nov 2019, 19:49
Alright guys there's still time to sign up! We've got another 2 weeks before the deadline!

Don't feel threatened by gifts given in the past! There's no minimum budget, some years you get a full keyboard other years you get random odds and ends you end up using more (tbh) .
AM i in time to sign up ?

Compgeke

04 Dec 2019, 20:26

Yes! Send me an address and I'll get on this this afternoon for sure. Sorry for being so slow on all this - been dealing with other stuff.

Compgeke

05 Dec 2019, 22:29

Okay now that I've collected addresses from everyone, the matches have since been sent!

ZedTheMan

05 Dec 2019, 23:40

Mwahahaha! It is time to bring happiness and cheer!

Compgeke

06 Dec 2019, 00:00

Or terror and screams? It's time to break out the Apple A1084 :) .

yuchipashe

06 Dec 2019, 02:59

Can't wait to ship this board from our local CDR-King stores, comes with the rare 'cider' switches ;)

Compgeke

06 Dec 2019, 04:00

hey I recognize that. Rebadged and recolored Crayola keyboard!

yuchipashe

06 Dec 2019, 04:05

Compgeke wrote:
06 Dec 2019, 04:00
hey I recognize that. Rebadged and recolored Crayola keyboard!
YES! (now if only I took a photo of using 2 of these as my vertical monitor stands :lol: )

ZedTheMan

21 Dec 2019, 09:12

Has anyone gotten their gift yet?

AdrianMan

21 Dec 2019, 17:20

ZedTheMan wrote:
Mine's in customs :)

Hope Santa declared it low value :)

AdrianMan

31 Dec 2019, 17:09

ZedTheMan wrote:
Got my gift, posted on Photo thread :!:

zrrion

31 Dec 2019, 18:19

I do not have mine yet, I'm hoping it will be on my doormat when I get home for work since I have tomorrow off.

AdrianMan

05 Jan 2020, 10:03

We wanna see more presents ! :) Did they started popping up yet ?

ZedTheMan

13 Feb 2020, 06:07

Any updates here?

AdrianMan

03 Dec 2020, 15:13

2020 Go Santa !

Return to “Off-topic”