Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

17 Mar 2020, 20:18

Last edited by Redmaus on 21 Mar 2023, 20:51, edited 1 time in total.

snacksthecat
✶✶✶✶

17 Mar 2020, 20:24

All I'm saying is, I've made two valid observations and (surprise) you've quickly excused them away (like everything else).

Edit:
Would appreciate any advice or thoughts on the subject.
Move on with life. Make better decisions in the future. Be happy.
Last edited by snacksthecat on 17 Mar 2020, 20:29, edited 1 time in total.

E3E

17 Mar 2020, 20:27

Not gonna lie, this thread is just making you look worse and drawing more attention to you and this entire situation.

abrahamstechnology

17 Mar 2020, 23:49

I'm going to side with Redmaus on this one.

OP seems to have good intentions and did not deliberately wreck the place. If this "Justin Scott" is so sensitive to rageban someone about a few mistakes he seems to have other issues. Also, I don't see what's so bad about making a profit (and donating ~7% of it back to the original owner with medical bills). It's preferable than having the keyboards dumped into a closet and left to rot, and it ensures that the keyboards now have good homes (someone who spends ~90 USD for a model M isn't likely to throw it in the bin anytime soon).

As a vintage computer hobbyist I also don't like seeing keyboards being separated from their systems, but if the boards were in a pile and unlabeled, or it it was nonchalantly tossed in a box I can hardly blame OP.

ThrowRA

18 Mar 2020, 00:11

abrahamstechnology wrote:
I'm going to side with Redmaus on this one.

OP seems to have good intentions and did not deliberately wreck the place. If this "Justin Scott" is so sensitive to rageban someone about a few mistakes he seems to have other issues. Also, I don't see what's so bad about making a profit (and donating ~7% of it back to the original owner with medical bills). It's preferable than having the keyboards dumped into a closet and left to rot, and it ensures that the keyboards now have good homes (someone who spends ~90 USD for a model M isn't likely to throw it in the bin anytime soon).

As a vintage computer hobbyist I also don't like seeing keyboards being separated from their systems, but if the boards were in a pile and unlabeled, or it it was nonchalantly tossed in a box I can hardly blame OP.
I contacted the owners of Computer Reset. [Redmaus] here stole units that were explicitly marked for other people and was caught camera doing so. Do I need to get more screenshots of that conversation? He may have purchased most units, but he was explicitly taking other people's claimed goods for his own profit and is doing his absolutely best to cover his ass here. His guilty conscience after being called out by no less than 25 people across every platform, being banned from every discord server he tries joining to slander people, and this message all contribute to my reasoning. The owners of the group even say that many units disappeared without any record of purchase, at the same time that [Redmaus] here left. Those units ended up on the Redmarket store. This is sale of stolen goods at its root.

[Moderator’s note: edited out actual name. Bad form!]

abrahamstechnology

18 Mar 2020, 00:33

Yeah, you are completely credible...
Also I doubt you actually have CCTV footage. All you posted are rando comments on Facebook. You need to show evidence. None of what you are claiming would hold up in court likely.

Mr Scott, if this is you, you should hire people to "properly" clear out your ewaste dump if you are so particular rather than inviting randos in. You'll likely get far more money doing it that way by selling the systems yourself.

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

18 Mar 2020, 00:36

Last edited by Redmaus on 21 Mar 2023, 20:51, edited 2 times in total.

snacksthecat
✶✶✶✶

18 Mar 2020, 00:53

OP seems to have good intentions
http://archive.is/LbAJW

"Why do people think I'm a jerk???" redmaus says to himself in a room surrounded by keyboards.

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

18 Mar 2020, 00:57

Last edited by Redmaus on 21 Mar 2023, 20:51, edited 1 time in total.

snacksthecat
✶✶✶✶

18 Mar 2020, 01:03

Redmaus wrote:
18 Mar 2020, 00:57
Really dude?
Yeah, that's exactly what I said to myself when you thought you were going to win a DTA for this. :lol:

abrahamstechnology

18 Mar 2020, 01:04

From the VCFED page:
Why are they interested in buying crappy dirty keyboards for $5 when brand new ones are available for $5.99 shipped.
LMAO! Shows you the kind of people slandering and hating on Red. Reminds me of myself a little while back hating on a certain fanbase (over that now, thankfully)

ZedTheMan

18 Mar 2020, 01:06

Oh jeez this is imploding fast.

kelvinhall05

18 Mar 2020, 01:10

I don't wanna get too deep or one-sided in this, but the way I see it is that he took keyboards that nobody else was gonna take, paid the asking prices, and sold them...just like people did with the computers or whatever.

zrrion

18 Mar 2020, 01:29

Except for the part where other people were going to take them and he was told not to take from other peoples reserved stuff.

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

18 Mar 2020, 01:31

Last edited by Redmaus on 21 Mar 2023, 20:52, edited 1 time in total.

Weezer

I don't see a point in continuing this conversation. This is only going to end poorly for all parties. Nothing anyone says is going to change what RedMaus says and nothing he says is going to change anyone's mind that's already made up.
Last edited by Weezer on 18 Mar 2020, 01:33, edited 2 times in total.

ZedTheMan

18 Mar 2020, 01:32

Weezer wrote:
I don't see a point in continuing this conversation. This is only going to end poorly for all parties. Nothing anyone says is going to change what RedMaus says and nothing he says is going to change anyone's mind that's already made up.
Yeah at this point sorry to say but it's best if this thread just dies.

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

18 Mar 2020, 01:32

Last edited by Redmaus on 21 Mar 2023, 20:52, edited 2 times in total.

SneakyRobb
THINK

18 Mar 2020, 01:34

Regardless of guilt/fault/whatever this thread should stop. Nothing good will come from it. We will gain no keyboard knowledge or excellence from this discussion. I am deeply dismayed at the occurrences here.

Weezer

18 Mar 2020, 01:37

SneakyRobb wrote:
18 Mar 2020, 01:34
We will gain no keyboard knowledge or excellence from this discussion. I am deeply dismayed at the occurrences here.
The way you phrased this made me chuckle. I'm sorry because I have no idea whether you're being 100% serious with your wording and I don't mean to offend.
Last edited by Weezer on 18 Mar 2020, 01:42, edited 1 time in total.

snacksthecat
✶✶✶✶

18 Mar 2020, 01:38

Yeah sorry about my comment. That wasn't really necessary or nice. I'll keep my opinions to myself .

abrahamstechnology

18 Mar 2020, 01:42

The one box he "stole" from didn't have any name. Again, CCTV footage is the only way to prove he did anything ill.
Or, you could keep believing these stupid theories put out by angry ageist old guys who self-admit they hate both young people and keyboard enthusiasts. What's next, did Russia collude with Redamus to steal Apple IICs?

kelvinhall05

18 Mar 2020, 01:46

18 Mar 2020, 01:42
The one box he "stole" from didn't have any name. Again, CCTV footage is the only way to prove he did anything ill.
Or, you could keep believing these stupid theories put out by angry ageist old guys who self-admit they hate both young people and keyboard enthusiasts. What's next, did Russia collude with Redamus to steal Apple IICs?
bbbut rebbit told me dat he STOLLE keybords11!!!11!!1 i donut need prooof!

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

18 Mar 2020, 01:48

Last edited by Redmaus on 21 Mar 2023, 20:52, edited 1 time in total.

E3E

18 Mar 2020, 01:55

18 Mar 2020, 01:04
LMAO! Shows you the kind of people slandering and hating on Red. Reminds me of myself a little while back hating on a certain fanbase (over that now, thankfully)
Of course it does. Both of you have the same unabashed sensitive egos and can't take criticism with any semblance of grace, humility, or a willingness to see your faults and improve, instead considering anything of that nature as an attack and discrediting it so you can stay in your happy place.

Before this, I hadn't even known Redmaus was accused of stealing, just that he was banned from Computer Reset. This whole thing has been blown right open now. It didn't look good before this thread was made, but now it's fresh again, and it looks even worse because of the way Redmaus has responded throughout.This thread hasn't accomplished anything positive, but it has made a few things obvious.

To be honest, he shouldn't have said anything and just kept quietly running his shop.

SenhorHoshino

18 Mar 2020, 13:52

All this moral heroes bashing Redmaus...

He made a mess, apologized for it.

I think this thread doesn’t make any sense. He found some nice cheap stuff and made some money off of it, so what? That’s circular economy for you.

I’d like to see one of you finding 30 NIB SSKs and give it away for free or donate all the money.

Do that first and then trash the man. Jeez...

@Redmaus, you won’t find afformations here, just move on and be happy. People are buying stuff from your site, that’s good.

dcopellino

18 Mar 2020, 14:46

SenhorHoshino wrote:
All this moral heroes bashing Redmaus...

He made a mess, apologized for it.

I think this thread doesn’t make any sense. He found some nice cheap stuff and made some money off of it, so what? That’s circular economy for you.

I’d like to see one of you finding 30 NIB SSKs and give it away for free or donate all the money.

Do that first and then trash the man. Jeez...

@Redmaus, you won’t find afformations here, just move on and be happy. People are buying stuff from your site, that’s good.
I totally agree. Don't mind about that. Just Thinking that you challenged viruses in that ugly place!!!

P.s. I'll write later a pm for the discount coupon :lol:

kbdfr
The Tiproman

18 Mar 2020, 14:53

SenhorHoshino wrote:
[…] I’d like to see one of you finding 30 NIB SSKs and give it away for free or donate all the money. […]
Having registered with DT a year ago, obviously you missed a lot of what commonly happened here
before all you youngsters with $ signs in your eyes started flooding the site.

Oh, by the way:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13274

John Doe

18 Mar 2020, 15:01

kbdfr wrote:
18 Mar 2020, 14:53
SenhorHoshino wrote:
[…] I’d like to see one of you finding 30 NIB SSKs and give it away for free or donate all the money. […]
Having registered with DT a year ago, obviously you missed a lot of what commonly happened here
before all you youngsters with $ signs in your eyes started flooding the site.

Oh, by the way:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13274
thats interesting vote, first time realized my age belongs to one of the top two portion :D

That means im getting old, sadly. :(

JP!

18 Mar 2020, 15:39

You went full capitalist and made enemies along the way. Also welcome to the court of public opinion. :roll:

The situation should have been better managed which is evident. So supposedly people claimed piles or areas which had been there for months? Seriously that place looks to be a disaster. That shit should have been picked up in a timely manner. Even staging or sorting items would probably be nearly impossible. One problem with random people coming to CR is that everyone pretty much has varying and competing levels of self-interest. Some to collect, some to cash-in, some a bit of both. Without a collective goal or association between individuals this will undoubtedly create friction between people. It's always a good feeling to see others get the things they need or want while also ending up with some awesome loot. I like to think of this hoard like a rich chocolate cake. There is plenty but too much will make you sick.

Also note that vintage computer collectors already LOATHE us entirely and this only reinforces this attitude to a new level. Some won't even give me the time of day yet I also have my own collection and keyboards can be a gateway to vintage computers and terminals. I've yet to have someone contact me for a missing keyboard for some esoteric system. I know I've inadvertently taken keyboards from systems but I've literally came across so many loose boards where systems were already scrapped before I came along. I imagine the sight of seeing someone taking a pile of keyboard trophies really put some off and would be in their interest to not have that kind of competition. Oh look there is something missing from my pile that was sitting unguarded for a month. It must be that one guy. Next thing you know rumors start and the story starts to take a life all it's own.

Return to “Off-topic”