kekstee

18 Mar 2020, 16:33

Not the first story of shady warehouse raids I've heard. You really should wonder why nobody wants to deal with you twice.

Also keep in mind that stealing is criminal, doesn't matter if the people trust you and there are piles of boards. Only makes it worse if anything.

fohat
Elder Messenger

18 Mar 2020, 22:56

John Doe wrote:
18 Mar 2020, 15:01
That means im getting old, sadly.
kbdfr is alone in the most ancient category, I think that I am the 2nd oldest after him with a lone companion in the next slot.

I used to think that I was the oldest active member of GH, but typo may be even older than kbdfr.

abrahamstechnology

18 Mar 2020, 23:13

kekstee wrote:
Also keep in mind that stealing is criminal, doesn't matter if the people trust you and there are piles of boards. Only makes it worse if anything.
Let's see how "guilty" Red is.
  • Zero evidence of "thefts" or other issues.
  • No CCTV footage of "thefts"
  • All claims of wrongdoing are by Justin or anon accounts.
  • No actual investigations by law enforcement or private investigation has been done
  • Warehouse is a massive wreck with no possible way of inventory control
  • Justin Scott massively overreacted to minor and unintentional mistakes by OP (may have OCD or similar, trust me I have it too)
  • Justin Scott seems to be upset that his dad's(?) $5-10 "junk" of his collection actually turned out to be worth something
  • Justin Scott and others in VCFED ageist towards young persons ("keyboard kid")
  • Justin has no evidence that the Apple IIC or other stuff Red has were actually in CR to begin with.
  • Vintage computer community already has irrational hatred of keeb community.
But hey, that's just a theory, a keyboard theory.

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

18 Mar 2020, 23:37

Last edited by Redmaus on 21 Mar 2023, 20:52, edited 1 time in total.

ThrowRA

19 Mar 2020, 01:37

abrahamstechnology wrote:
kekstee wrote:
  • No actual investigations by law enforcement or private investigation has been done
  • Justin Scott massively overreacted to minor and unintentional mistakes by OP (may have OCD or similar, trust me I have it too)
  • Justin Scott seems to be upset that his dad's(?) $5-10 "junk" of his collection actually turned out to be worth something
  • Justin Scott and others in VCFED ageist towards young persons ("keyboard kid")
  • Justin has no evidence that the Apple IIC or other stuff Red has were actually in CR to begin with.
I am working with the previous owners of Computer Reset to begin legal action. Not going to give away our evidence online.

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

19 Mar 2020, 01:51

PlacaFromHell

19 Mar 2020, 01:52

abrahamstechnology wrote:
kekstee wrote:
Finally someone said it. It is practically impossible to prove that someone is innocent, except in a dystopian future where we are watched 24/7. That said, if the OP is guilty of something, let those who accuse him take the trouble to give concrete evidence in this regard and not just testimonies.
All of this is stupid from the start.

snacksthecat
✶✶✶✶

19 Mar 2020, 02:02

Eh, I may have philosophical differences (which is kind of sad because we're talking about e-waste aka literally garbage).

But that being said, I don't think any actual stealing happened. At least based off of the info available.

Dingster

19 Mar 2020, 02:08

No legal ground other than "bad kid took keyboard and made money".

Ethics wont cut it in court - if it even gets to there.

JP!

19 Mar 2020, 02:22

Sounds like a worthwhile project as the world is under the clutches of a pandemic.

Also in defense of Red I present the Chewbacca Defense

John Doe

19 Mar 2020, 05:30

Sorry
Last edited by John Doe on 19 Mar 2020, 05:35, edited 1 time in total.

snacksthecat
✶✶✶✶

19 Mar 2020, 05:33

wtf?

ThrowRA

19 Mar 2020, 05:43

There are new owners who aren't happy with your behavior and tantrums.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

19 Mar 2020, 07:42

Meanwhile, in a completely unrelated thread:
looookfureye wrote:
19 Mar 2020, 03:22
You stole this from Computer Reset. We are calling the police.
And here is the profile of the hero who posted that:
Spoiler:
looookfureye.png
looookfureye.png (24.44 KiB) Viewed 10972 times
I have reported the post and expect both it and the profile to disappear soon.
As previously expressed, I don’t quite appreciate Redmaus’ mercantile approach.
However, the theft accusation put forward against him indeed looks like an orchestrated attempt to harm his reputation.

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

19 Mar 2020, 22:51

I've hesitated to even comment on this thread, but honestly the crusade against Redmaus is nothing short of juvenile. I don't know the facts so I can't pass judgement on any of the parties involved, however the fact that new accounts here have been created to purposefully spam our forums is unacceptable. I have vintage systems of my own so I understand the missing-keyboard conundrum but that's no excuse to bash on this community who have done nothing to those at CR.

abrahamstechnology

19 Mar 2020, 23:45

{red asked me to remove link}
Last edited by abrahamstechnology on 20 Mar 2020, 00:47, edited 1 time in total.

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

20 Mar 2020, 00:29

snacksthecat
✶✶✶✶

20 Mar 2020, 02:57

See you all next time when **keyboard court** is back in session.

Findecanor

15 May 2020, 20:12

Post above was deleted.

WTF. That guy has some good posts. Have spammers started to hack people's accounts now!?
Last edited by Findecanor on 16 May 2020, 03:15, edited 1 time in total.

Muirium
µ

15 May 2020, 22:47

Weird, eh? Maybe password reuse across sites? Or he sold out for $SPAM_BIIG_BUCKS. All 0.005 of them.
kelvinhall05 wrote:
15 May 2020, 15:12
III wrote:
15 May 2020, 13:26
<Spam>
NO WAY BRO THATS SO COOL
Hey, no repeating their links, dudebro!

SK-8K

06 Sep 2021, 01:42

Shame, Computer Reset looked like such a fun place to visit, but after reading this there's no way those a-holes will get my business. Wish the OG owner was still alive.

Return to “Off-topic”