DT Hyperlinks

ddrfraser1

15 Apr 2020, 17:32

This may have come up in the past, and there may be a reason for this but I've always found it annoying when I click on a link and it takes me to the page in the existing tab rather than opening a new tab. Once I'm done looking at the imgur post or youtube vid or whatever it is, I instinctively close the tab intending to go back to the thread only to frustratingly realize I closed the tab and have to reopen it, go back etc.

I know with time I would get used to it but still it would be more efficient the other way. Is there a possibility of changing it?

stoddartc1

15 Apr 2020, 20:57

In the meantime, if you middle click with your mouse or control-click when opening links it should open them in a new tab regardless

Findecanor

15 Apr 2020, 21:01

Your problem is that your mouse does not have a proper middle mouse-button. ;)

snacksthecat
✶✶✶✶

15 Apr 2020, 21:12

"Ctrl + click" club checking in. Now who's with me? Guys???

ddrfraser1

15 Apr 2020, 21:18

stoddartc1 wrote:
15 Apr 2020, 20:57
In the meantime, if you middle click with your mouse or control-click when opening links it should open them in a new tab regardless
Totally, I just need to get in the habit. Still was curious about it though.

Slom

15 Apr 2020, 21:55

snacksthecat wrote:
String* + left click for me

* yes, thats the German word for thong, and yes thats what Strg on German keyboards stands for. Trust me!

ddrfraser1

15 Apr 2020, 23:04

Slom wrote:
15 Apr 2020, 21:55
snacksthecat wrote:
String* + left click for me

* yes, thats the German word for thong, and yes thats what Strg on German keyboards stands for. Trust me!
Ha!

Return to “Off-topic”