Anyone else shave their own head or cut their own hair?

hoggy

13 Apr 2012, 19:02

I've been making good use of my own pair of clippers for a few months now. Started with no 2 but I prefer a No 1 and a few days growth...

Anyone else?

Acanthophis

13 Apr 2012, 19:31

What switches are the clippers? How does the touch feel like?

hoggy

13 Apr 2012, 19:37

Well, it had to be mechanical...

Went for one of these -

I figured if they were good enough for my hairdresser, they should last me a very long time.

itlnstln

13 Apr 2012, 20:03

Sometimes I touch up the stylist's work if she leaves the top too long (which is OK since you can't cut it longer), but I never go 100% DIY on my own dome. I've toyed with the idea of using a Robocut/Flowbee for touch-ups between stylings, but then I remember back to the old commercials and reconsider, wisely perhaps.

hoggy

13 Apr 2012, 22:34

eek

Brian8bit

14 Apr 2012, 00:26

I went skinhead in my late teens. First time I clipped it and then bic'd it. After that I just used the clippers without a guard and been that way for at least ten years. I shave my head/face every couple of days just with the clippers. I actually can't remember the last time I had a wet face shave, but it's at least a couple years.

Findecanor

14 Apr 2012, 10:41

I started balding when I was 24-25 y/o, and have cropped my hair short once or twice à week since then. I use a hair clipper with the smallest comb that came with it. I also use it to cut my beard in the same session, with a larger comb.

Minskleip

14 Apr 2012, 10:54

Been using clippers without a guard for a few years now. I spend the money I save from going to the barber on keyboards.

DanGWanG

14 Apr 2012, 15:49

I cut a lot of friends' hair. And I used to cut my own 11 years ago. Now I just go to a local barber and touch it up when I get home

CeeSA

14 Apr 2012, 17:08

I don't cut hair, I shave my head. ;)

Trent

15 Apr 2012, 04:50

I zeroed out my hair once or twice. The benefits are great in my opinion, a pea size of shampoo is more than enough for your head :lol:

I let it grow out and then had a trim, but will most likely be going to a 2 again.

webwit
Wild Duck

15 Apr 2012, 04:57

This topic sucks. Men talking about their hairstyles.

What I want to know is who has the longest and the biggest.
Spoiler:
Pretty long.

captain

15 Apr 2012, 06:58

My hair used to be long enough for me to sit on it. Braided, it was only mid back. I have only paid for one haircut in many many years. Self-trimming is insanely easy, and I don't go bald either. You just have to go slow and be artistic.

rodtang

17 Apr 2012, 16:57

captain wrote:You just have to go slow and be artistic.
That is how you do it, isn't that hard, it doesn't need to be slow either.

mr_a500

03 Jan 2014, 16:12

Weird. I never expected a topic like this here. ( I mean... who would?)

I've been cutting my own hair for a couple years, after a lifelong disgust of smelly old barbers doing half-assed haircuts with tools of unknown cleanliness. I don't buzz it off or do short "football hooligan" haircuts. I do a proper job and it doesn't turn out too badly.

nathanscribe

03 Jan 2014, 17:13

I only get my hair cut or shave when people in the street start hiding their possessions/family when I walk by.

tinnie

03 Jan 2014, 17:45

OT: is it gay to have a male stylist?

7bit

03 Jan 2014, 18:36

Yes! You need a sexy girl to do it!!!

adhoc

03 Jan 2014, 19:17

I used to shave my head with a razor. Nowadays I just pay the hair dresser to trim it to 0.1mm, it's far cleaner, easier and faster.

davkol

08 Jan 2014, 23:55

I've been trimming my beard every few weeks. Way more convenient than shaving. I'd like to do the same thing with my hair, but I'm afraid it'd look horrible. I always go to 3 mm.

Return to “Off-topic”