Finnish computer museum fundraising

Heikkonen

29 Sep 2020, 12:25

Hello fellow users of deskthority.

Finnish computer museum is on the verge of shutdown cause university cutted funding that was main source of income to keep the wheels running and covid didnt really help the situation. Museum staff asked me to spread link around to related communities all around.

Link: https://www.gofundme.com/f/exhibition-o ... -computing

If you have anything to ask related to fundraising feel free to contact Mika Tähti
mikankortti.jpg
mikankortti.jpg (75.48 KiB) Viewed 12846 times
Every single donate is highly appreciated and matters! Museum will honor donations over 100euros by placing fellow saviors name on the wall.

Keep clacking

- Heikkonen

sharktastica

29 Sep 2020, 13:23

I think I know a few people who might want to help out and I'll chip in on my next payday too. Good luck!

Heikkonen

30 Sep 2020, 23:21

Heikkonen wrote:
29 Sep 2020, 12:25
Hello fellow users of deskthority.

Finnish computer museum is on the verge of shutdown cause university cutted funding that was main source of income to keep the wheels running and covid didnt really help the situation. Museum staff asked me to spread link around to related communities all around.

Link: https://www.gofundme.com/f/exhibition-o ... -computing

If you have anything to ask related to fundraising feel free to contact Mika Tähti
mikankortti.jpg

Every single donate is highly appreciated and matters! Museum will honor donations over 100euros by placing fellow saviors name on the wall.

edit: Google chrome users might have trouble donating,if you encounter problems use a different browser

Keep clacking

- Heikkonen

Weezer

30 Sep 2020, 23:26

Why was funding cut?

Heikkonen

01 Oct 2020, 11:20

Waiting for official statement from staff of the museum but main reason was that University of Jyväskylä that provided space needed for the museum decided to use it for other purposes.

Weezer

01 Oct 2020, 17:44

So the issue is not just that they lost funding, but that they lost their building? How do they expect to find a new building and be sustainable with only 3000 euro?

Heikkonen

01 Oct 2020, 20:01

Since im only bringing the word out i suggest you email either Mika or other museum staff members(museo@suomentietokonemuseo.fi), they can give you deeper insight that i can.

Sturmtiger001

08 Nov 2020, 20:09

Bump, let's hope we can save these things one way or another!

Return to “Off-topic”