Community Survey

emc

06 Oct 2020, 07:29

Hi everyone,

Survey: https://forms.gle/Qvcmv4ahjeEhfrim6

Would you mind filling out his community survey about mechanical keyboards? It should take around 2 mins to finish. I'm doing some research and can provide the data to you once I've finished if you want.

Cheers :D

Update:

The survey is completed.

You can see the summary of the data here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gi2 ... sp=sharing

Thanks to all who helped by submitting a response. Whether or not you find the data useful, hopefully it is interesting to look at. Also, the data is free to use. The bottom of the document includes additional links to the raw and cleaned data spreadsheets where you can copy and paste the data.
Last edited by emc on 09 Oct 2020, 12:55, edited 2 times in total.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

06 Oct 2020, 07:47

And who are you?
Can't you explain in plain text what your "research" is all about and what its purpose is?

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

06 Oct 2020, 08:36

scammers again fuck off

Good luck with your survey! :D
Last edited by Redmaus on 07 Oct 2020, 00:03, edited 1 time in total.

emc

06 Oct 2020, 12:39

kbdfr wrote:
06 Oct 2020, 07:47
And who are you?
Can't you explain in plain text what your "research" is all about and what its purpose is?
I'm mainly on Geekhack and r/mechanicalkeyboards, where I've been there for over a year. I knew about Deskthority but don't browse here often. I posted the survey link here to try and get more respondents.

I collected data from every interest check on Geekhack from Jan 1 to early September 2020. I also collected some data from Reddit, zFrontier and notable designers like Keycult and Rama. All the data is within 2020 and came out to around 250 individual boards. The data includes chassis and plate material, mount, price, PCB features, layouts and unique designs.

The survey is for the community data which I will eventually compare and contrast with the data from the interest checks and releases. I am working on writing a report for all this, but it'll take me a while.

I hope this delivered some transparency. Cheers.

ddrfraser1

06 Oct 2020, 15:58

Filled it out. Seems harmless enough.

cakeanalytics

06 Oct 2020, 18:35

Filled it out. Don't forget to share your results.

sharktastica

06 Oct 2020, 19:22

Filled out, good luck!

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

06 Oct 2020, 23:58

emc wrote:
06 Oct 2020, 12:39
I'm mainly on Geekhack and r/mechanicalkeyboards, where I've been there for over a year. I knew about Deskthority but don't browse here often. I posted the survey link here to try and get more respondents.

I collected data from every interest check on Geekhack from Jan 1 to early September 2020. I also collected some data from Reddit, zFrontier and notable designers like Keycult and Rama. All the data is within 2020 and came out to around 250 individual boards. The data includes chassis and plate material, mount, price, PCB features, layouts and unique designs.

The survey is for the community data which I will eventually compare and contrast with the data from the interest checks and releases. I am working on writing a report for all this, but it'll take me a while.

I hope this delivered some transparency. Cheers.
Filled out as well, I thought you were part of the wave of scammers/spambots we have been seeing lately since it was a small amount of text accompanied by a url by a member account created today. Whoops! :?

PlacaFromHell

07 Oct 2020, 01:01

Filled out. Hopefully you'll find the survey useful.

Yasu0

07 Oct 2020, 01:30

Made the same mistake to a user who posted a link for me here.. And did the same thing to a legit voice phone caller today. Thought they were a telemarketer. It happens.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

07 Oct 2020, 08:19

Redmaus wrote:
06 Oct 2020, 23:58
[…] I thought you were part of the wave of scammers/spambots we have been seeing lately since it was a small amount of text accompanied by a url by a member account created today. Whoops! :?
That's precisely why I asked in the first place.
I still think it would have been a good idea to provide the explanation without first being asked.
This being said, good luck with your survey!

emc

08 Oct 2020, 06:30

Hey everyone, just an update.

The survey reached the target sample size today (ended up receiving 111 respondents). I'll begin to compile the data into excel and once I've finished, I will open a Google Sheets so you guys can have a look.

Also, thanks to all who submitted a response. It's appreciated.

emc

09 Oct 2020, 12:55

Updated original post.

Return to “Off-topic”