Hello from a new guy!

Muirium
µ

01 Oct 2021, 20:31

So you’re saying I really need more SSKs? Interesting… Part of me would love to agree with you!

thefarside

02 Oct 2021, 02:56

Muirium wrote:
01 Oct 2021, 19:48

I can understand that type of collecting (*cough hoarding). I tried to get rid off a lot of stuff, but my brain kept telling me that I always need at least two of the same boards in case I need one for spare parts, that way I unintentionally tricked myself into keeping everything 8-)
I think that’s how I wound up with four FK-2001s. I bought the first FK-2001 to see what alps were all about. Didn’t like the clone switches and heard white alps were better, so I bought a second one with complicated white alps. It was near perfect, but neither of the two had a cover, so I purchased the NIB one for that. I didn’t like it but decided to keep it while I used the cover on the white alps version. Then I saw one on eBay with a cover and decided to make a reasonable offer ($20 off) and let fate decide if I should have it. They accepted and that was board #4, which didn’t have blue alps (it was old enough to possibly have them), but another clean white alps example.

I’m going to get rid of the NIB one, keep the two white alps for use and spares and the third is going to be a project to try Matias quiet linear switches.

Between home and work I have three workstations so I get to put them all to use, but I’m going to reduce the “collection” to around 10.

Muirium
µ

02 Oct 2021, 09:33

thefarside wrote:
02 Oct 2021, 02:56
MarieKondo wrote:
Clutter is the joy in life. A day without tripping over storage boxes is a day left unlived.
Well, alright, maybe I had my Point Strength dial set up a notch too high, to Dick, but I don’t recall saying that. ;)

kbdfr
The Tiproman

13 Apr 2023, 07:30

New here and trying to make friends with new people. 8-)
That's what the spammer wrote here - with a new method for their spam links.
But of course we are not going to let them prevail :lol:

thefarside

13 Apr 2023, 11:26

a now deceased spammer wrote:
13 Apr 2023, 07:30
New here and trying to make friends with new people. 8-)
Hmm this smells like a bot based on the profile location....

Muirium
µ

13 Apr 2023, 13:26

Our very human, and surely very poorly paid spammer is trying something new. Thanks for spotting it. ;)

ananya12

25 Apr 2023, 05:15

Muirium wrote:
A collector curates. A hoarder is much too busy for all that. (There’s still more of those things out there! Gimmeh!)

Self supposed sage that I am, I will admit I’ve still 3 SSKs though. One daily, one perennially parked fixer upper and one magic unicorn sleeping new in its box.
Spoiler:
Unfinished business, it’s true.
Given that you have a small but carefully curated collection of SSKs. It's great that you have found joy in these keyboards and have taken care to maintain and enjoy them.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

25 Apr 2023, 07:50

ananya12, quoting a one and a half year old post by Muirium, wrote:
25 Apr 2023, 05:15
Given that you have a small but carefully curated collection of SSKs. It's great that you have found joy in these keyboards and have taken care to maintain and enjoy them.
Would you mind elaborating? :lol:

Muirium
µ

25 Apr 2023, 11:56

There's so many courteous newbs who have nothing to say about themselves lately. ;)

davkol

01 May 2023, 19:57

Main keyboard: Cherry MX
Favorite switch: QMK
Obvious spam account is obvious.

Muirium
µ

01 May 2023, 22:31

Its ghost is less so! I never even saw it.

Return to “Off-topic”