Edible Keyboard?

Tha_Pig

01 Mar 2021, 17:52

I was looking for keycaps and I found this at Amazon...
keycaps.jpg
keycaps.jpg (702.94 KiB) Viewed 6001 times
What does that even mean? :lol:

UPDATE: I received the keycaps and they are pretty poorly made. After less than a week of use, the "K" key broke from the stem.
Last edited by Tha_Pig on 20 Mar 2021, 07:57, edited 1 time in total.

zrrion

01 Mar 2021, 23:09

I'm told cherries are pretty tasty if you get the right ones

Findecanor

01 Mar 2021, 23:30

"Food grade" = safe, i.e. does not leech chemicals into its surroundings. "Food grade" plastics is important when you have drinking cups, cake moulds, etc.
But this is yet another example of when the info sheet for a cheap item contains unnecessary bullet points. This is similar to when a mechanical keyboard being listed as having a "airplane-grade aluminium mounting plate"...
Last edited by Findecanor on 01 Mar 2021, 23:31, edited 1 time in total.

TNT

01 Mar 2021, 23:31

I think that's why all these people on Reddit keep saying that they want to eat their keycaps...

Tha_Pig

20 Mar 2021, 07:54

zrrion wrote:
01 Mar 2021, 23:09
I'm told cherries are pretty tasty if you get the right ones
Well, these left me with a bitter taste.

Tha_Pig

20 Mar 2021, 07:55

Findecanor wrote:
01 Mar 2021, 23:30
"Food grade" = safe, i.e. does not leech chemicals into its surroundings. "Food grade" plastics is important when you have drinking cups, cake moulds, etc.
But this is yet another example of when the info sheet for a cheap item contains unnecessary bullet points. This is similar to when a mechanical keyboard being listed as having a "airplane-grade aluminium mounting plate"...
Thanks for the info.
Apparently, they may be good to eat, but not to type. One of the caps broke after less than a week of use.
And I don't even type that much.

Tha_Pig

20 Mar 2021, 07:56

TNT wrote:
01 Mar 2021, 23:31
I think that's why all these people on Reddit keep saying that they want to eat their keycaps...
I would not recommend eating these, I think they are expired.

Return to “Off-topic”