I have done something wrong

micmil

08 Apr 2021, 00:02

This is like the time my sister was looking for the name of a shrubbery she saw on a Japanese TV show and googled "Asian bush" to find it.

She did not find it.

ddrfraser1

08 Apr 2021, 00:18

micmil wrote:
08 Apr 2021, 00:02
"Asian bush"
😂🤣😂

Muirium
µ

08 Apr 2021, 10:21

Another good one is the two radically different meanings of "BBC" in different corners of the internet. One's the ubiquitous London TV powerhouse with posh accents and the other one… isn't.

Findecanor

08 Apr 2021, 10:36

When Desi Lydic was new at the Daily Show and relatively unknown, I googled for pictures of her... Things have changed now, but back then I learned that her first name "Desi" means "native" in Hindi and is a search term for Indian pr0n

shallot

08 Apr 2021, 22:28

this thread

the forum is called "knowledge base & media", not "post dinosaur tier jokes that ensure that this remains a sausagefest hobby"
Attachments
what-does-smh-mean-1413336460354.jpg
what-does-smh-mean-1413336460354.jpg (21.3 KiB) Viewed 16331 times

Muirium
µ

08 Apr 2021, 22:40

Get tae Off Topic!

kelvinhall05

08 Apr 2021, 22:58

wife bad

ddrfraser1

09 Apr 2021, 01:55

shallot wrote:
this thread

the forum is called "knowledge base & media", not "post dinosaur tier jokes that ensure that this remains a sausagefest hobby"
actually as soon as I posted I wondered why I put it in gallery instead of off-topic 🤔

Oops 😬

kelvinhall05

09 Apr 2021, 03:02

ddrfraser1 wrote:
shallot wrote:
this thread

actually as soon as I posted I wondered why I put it in gallery instead of off-topic 🤔

Oops 😬
If you think the subforum you posted in is the problem here then quite frankly I'm amazed you have a wife.

ddrfraser1

09 Apr 2021, 03:22

She thought it was funny when i showed her

zrrion

09 Apr 2021, 03:37

thats kinda a self own buddy

micmil

09 Apr 2021, 03:38

kelvinhall05 wrote:
ddrfraser1 wrote:
shallot wrote:
this thread

Oops 😬
If you think the subforum you posted in is the problem here then quite frankly I'm amazed you have a wife.
My sister found Asian bush hilarious.

But go on being indignant on other people's behalf. I'm sure that'll get you laid eventually.

shallot

09 Apr 2021, 04:29

I can be indignant on my own behalf if you want. samsung laughing emoji

kelvinhall05

09 Apr 2021, 04:39

micmil wrote:
09 Apr 2021, 03:38
kelvinhall05 wrote:
ddrfraser1 wrote:

Oops 😬
My sister found Asian bush hilarious.

But go on being indignant on other people's behalf. I'm sure that'll get you laid eventually.
The good ol "lol virgin" rebuttal, I expected nothing more from people who were making attack helicopter jokes just a few days ago.

Rayndalf

09 Apr 2021, 05:46

It could always be worse, it could be the Model F AT on Wikipedia or a picture of the F AT I recently purchased.

I'm glad I have some rust removed and some metal primer and black paint on hand.
Attachments
20210408_224501.jpg
20210408_224501.jpg (2.78 MiB) Viewed 16158 times

ddrfraser1

09 Apr 2021, 09:43

Kevin I know you’re a pretty decent guy and you treat people very well here. I guess our senses of humor are different. From my point of view the humor was not to mock overweight women but to poke fun at the juxtaposition of searching for one thing and the surprise of finding something quite different. I’m glad some found it funny, but I’m sorry others didn’t. I think that’s just a symptom of people’s different life experiences which is fine and valid and I will try to be more sensitive to that in the future in an attempt to keep this forum more wholesome and inclusive ... and also not post in the wrong sub forums 🤦🏻‍♂️🙄

PlacaFromHell

09 Apr 2021, 10:05

I'm agree, how dare you for laughing at someone with a disease :x
Oops, I did it again.
Last edited by PlacaFromHell on 16 Apr 2021, 00:07, edited 1 time in total.

Muirium
µ

09 Apr 2021, 10:08

ddrfraser1 wrote:
attempt to keep this forum more wholesome and inclusive
I retain my right to extreme keyboard elitism! But yeah, people are another matter. ;)

Go-Kart

09 Apr 2021, 10:24

ddrfraser1 wrote:
I’m glad some found it funny [...]
I found it funny. However, I may be the least easily offended person one could hope to encounter.

micmil

09 Apr 2021, 14:47

kelvinhall05 wrote:
09 Apr 2021, 04:39
The good ol "lol virgin" rebuttal, I expected nothing more from people who were making attack helicopter jokes just a few days ago.
This coming from the hypocritical fuck that was "surprised" someone was married.

You're getting butthurt over an unintended search result. What the fuck is wrong with you?

ddrfraser1

09 Apr 2021, 14:53

Mods, please delete thread. This isn’t adding anything valuable to the community.

Muirium
µ

09 Apr 2021, 14:54

We generally never do that. And there's been a lot worse than this!

ddrfraser1

09 Apr 2021, 14:56

Well, I submitted a report anyway. Definitely turned into a much bigger deal than it was supposed to. I never want to be the cause of any drama in what I see is a generally positive community. We’ll see what happens…

Yasu0

15 Apr 2021, 23:33

What in the hell is happening in this thread? I am so confused. Nobody mentioned anything about overweight women.. nobody seems butthurt? At least not the way I read the tone.

So carry on with the insults and jokes...

micmil

15 Apr 2021, 23:59

Yasu0 wrote:
15 Apr 2021, 23:33
What in the hell is happening in this thread? I am so confused. Nobody mentioned anything about overweight women.. nobody seems butthurt? At least not the way I read the tone.

So carry on with the insults and jokes...
There was originally an image with a google search for the term "MODEL F/AT" and the unintended result you can guess. People got butthurt on behalf of other people.

But on the plus side it now looks like I'm the one that made this thread and did so just to mention my sister's Asian bush.

This is fine, because I'm twelve.

ghostdawg187

16 Apr 2021, 06:51

Now I really did somewith wrong in regard of a potential buy of a Model F AT. There has been an offer for a German version of this keyboard on eBay kleinanzeigen, a German classified ads site. I keep hanging around on this site because sometimes you can try to low ball some clueless people who do not know what they are selling. But with this keyboard I got trapped. I thought I need to be quick with buying this thing for 150 €, but it was a scam, money is gone. Pictures looked good although there was no timestamp. I know it was somehow risky but most of the buys on eBay kleinanzeigen are risky. That is part of the game I think.

When low balling goes wrong! EFF that, now Chinese fraudsters even scam me with a Model F??? What is that? I have paid by PayPal goods and services payment and hope to get my money back. Please tell me who has made similar experiences and if you got your money back from paypal.

Go-Kart

16 Apr 2021, 18:40

PayPal and eBay will look after you, don't worry. They're always on the seller's side. Sometimes it's particularly unfair on the seller in certain situations but yeh, as a buyer, have no fear.

tinnie

16 Apr 2021, 19:32

ghostdawg187 wrote:
Now I really did somewith wrong in regard of a potential buy of a Model F AT. There has been an offer for a German version of this keyboard on eBay kleinanzeigen, a German classified ads site. I keep hanging around on this site because sometimes you can try to low ball some clueless people who do not know what they are selling. But with this keyboard I got trapped. I thought I need to be quick with buying this thing for 150 €, but it was a scam, money is gone. Pictures looked good although there was no timestamp. I know it was somehow risky but most of the buys on eBay kleinanzeigen are risky. That is part of the game I think.

When low balling goes wrong! EFF that, now Chinese fraudsters even scam me with a Model F??? What is that? I have paid by PayPal goods and services payment and hope to get my money back. Please tell me who has made similar experiences and if you got your money back from paypal.
>Kleinanzeigen
>Chinese fraudsters

something doesn't add up.

ghostdawg187

16 Apr 2021, 20:33

tinnie wrote:
16 Apr 2021, 19:32
>Kleinanzeigen
>Chinese fraudsters

something doesn't add up.
But it is just like that. The person gave me a German e-mail address, which was linked to the paypal-account. After I have transferred the money, there just appeared a Chinese e-mail address and a Chinese name written in Chinese letters. I assume you can link several email addresses to your PayPal account.

Local classified ads are a gamble and I always got lucky to get the keyboard I have paid for.

Have you made similar experiences? I feel pretty bad after all for being so greedy to have a Model F AT for such a low price. Truly my fault.

Rayndalf

17 Apr 2021, 00:44

ghostdawg187 wrote:

Ask them for tracking and if you don't receive it make a claim. Either the seller submits tracking or your money is returned (with paypal anyway).

Of course one time I got a (UPS 2 day air from China) tracking number that was clearly not for my order. Paypal thinks it's good as long as the zipcode matches and they'll decide against you, so be prepared to call the shipping service and paypal to reopen/ escalate the claim and get proof it was a stolen tracking number and nothing was ever sent to you.

If you paid with a credit card just reverse the charge, much easier.

Return to “Off-topic”