I'm tired of the damn speculation that ruins everything

kbdfr
The Tiproman

03 May 2012, 13:41

cactux wrote:^ The motivation behind the sell is out of scope IMHO. Is it going to change if I paid 1000 for a rare board, and the seller the said:
1) I paid 50 usd and I am selling it for 1000?
2) I need the money because I am sick?
3) I need the money because I am broke

Maybe you will feel like you are helping someone if you hear 2 or 3. But the end result is that you paid a high price for the item.

You do not have to go to far, several guys have sold rare boards for a high price and where is the problem? They may spend several months to track those boards (time and effort), who knows.
LOL, you're speaking about the motivation behind the sale when the real problem is the motivation behind the purchase.

cactux

03 May 2012, 13:51

[Account and posts deleted on request]

kbdfr
The Tiproman

03 May 2012, 15:10

Yes, and it could be raining or the sun could shine. :evilgeek:

Seriously,
if you buy CC caps because you want to own them all and are ready to pay more than anybody else,
then you get them and others don't, that's all.
But if you buy them because you want to make profit out of them, then:
1. you prevent others from buying them for a real market price (real as resulting from offer and demand for the caps themselves and not for the profit expected out of them), and
2. you raise the price by artifically producing scarcity (artificially because as a matter of fact the caps will be available again).

So people who really want to buy them will pay more when they reappear on the market. The price difference is the speculator's profit.

I'm not complaining, it's just the way it works.
What I do resent is speculators acting as if they were part of this community instead of speculators.

cactux

03 May 2012, 15:18

[Account and posts deleted on request]

kbdfr
The Tiproman

03 May 2012, 15:38

cactux wrote:^ A perfect society does not exist nor a perfect community
... which shouldn't prevent from striving for it, don't you think?

off

03 May 2012, 15:39

cactux wrote:^ A perfect society does not exist nor a perfect community
Yet.

And the motivation behind the sell is relevant in my opinion; re your examples, I would say that 2 and 3 would make me buy it happily, while 1 would definitely not. Ofcourse that is very very dependant on honesty, but such is life.

dirge

03 May 2012, 17:30

kbdfr wrote: What I do resent is speculators acting as if they were part of this community instead of speculators.
Its the one's that jump on community sales at reasonable prices then resell shortly afterwards at a higher price that bug me.

Return to “Off-topic”