04 Mar 2011, 03:54

Free beer for the 4000th post!

webwit
Wild Duck

04 Mar 2011, 03:55

hic.......BURP!

keyboardlover

04 Mar 2011, 04:16

Lol...it's no fun when the mods win their OWN contests!

webwit
Wild Duck

04 Mar 2011, 04:33

You'll feel better when you see the next contest.. nudge nudge, wink wink..

HaaTa
Master Kiibohd Hunter

04 Mar 2011, 05:05

I'd be more interested in what good beers webwit has in his area :D.

One can always expand/drink their knowledge of beer :P

webwit
Wild Duck

04 Mar 2011, 05:09

sixty
Gasbag Guru

04 Mar 2011, 11:21

And you did not even need a perl script for that!

woody
Count Troller

04 Mar 2011, 12:26

I see one good reason to visit NL again.

keyboardlover

04 Mar 2011, 13:38

Pilsner was originally created in the Czech Republic. I know my beers too! ;)

webwit
Wild Duck

04 Mar 2011, 13:41

I have been to Plzeň! Nice town. Prague isn't bad either.

sixty
Gasbag Guru

04 Mar 2011, 13:41

Germans general opinion of Dutch beer is: "pisswater". I think Heineken has ruined it all for you guys.

In fact that is one of the most common stereotypes we have: All Dutch are weed smoking, heineken drinking ajax amsterdam fans driving around with their caravans on our Autobahn!

webwit
Wild Duck

04 Mar 2011, 13:51

Dutch people's general opinion of most Dutch beer is pisswater, especially Heineken. They will say Heineken is for export. It is a well known fact here that the original success of that beer lies in the fact it did not offend anybody, so it is a tame, cowardly beer. Also it didn't help that Mr. Heineken himself did not drink beer because, quote, it made him piss too much. On the other hand 9/10 beers are this way, all tasting the same, more or less. Then you got the so called little breweries with monks and dukes on the drinks (like Hertog Jan) and the German and Belgium beers, but those are all owned by Heineken or Interbrew and made in factories where no monks are involved. In general I like how everybody is a beer expert and dislikes the ordinary beers, but here consumer organisations sometimes do blind tests, and then always the cheap Aldi or whatever beer comes out on top. It's a similar thing as audiophiles - you have many of them until you start testing them and they can't hear the differences they claimed they would.

SmokinWaffle

04 Mar 2011, 14:44

Beer? Eew.

yellowFreak

04 Mar 2011, 15:40

question; how come beers makes you wanna piss every 5 min.

cmon you people...enlighten us

woody
Count Troller

04 Mar 2011, 22:52

webwit wrote:I have been to Plzeň! Nice town. Prague isn't bad either.
I demand KB party in Prague!
Last time I snatched only two 5L kegs from their mini-brewery.

daedalus
Buckler Of Springs

04 Mar 2011, 22:56

webwit wrote:In general I like how everybody is a beer expert and dislikes the ordinary beers, but here consumer organisations sometimes do blind tests, and then always the cheap Aldi or whatever beer comes out on top.
Some of those Aldi/Lidl beers are great. Then again, I wouldn't claim to be a beer connoisseur.

Erdinger is probably my favorite.

webwit
Wild Duck

04 Mar 2011, 23:03

Oblig.

daedalus
Buckler Of Springs

04 Mar 2011, 23:10

Guiness is ok. I think its probably more popular outside of Ireland than in Ireland itself. At least amongst younger people anyway - it has a bit of a reputation as an old man's drink.

webwit
Wild Duck

04 Mar 2011, 23:11

daedalus wrote:
webwit wrote:In general I like how everybody is a beer expert and dislikes the ordinary beers, but here consumer organisations sometimes do blind tests, and then always the cheap Aldi or whatever beer comes out on top.
Some of those Aldi/Lidl beers are great. Then again, I wouldn't claim to be a beer connoisseur.

Erdinger is probably my favorite.
They have fine beers, tasting just as well or better than the more expensive ones. In general super market beers come from the same factories as brand names, depending on the deal. In any case, it isn't exactly rocket science to make a good beer, it's more about snobbery.

woody
Count Troller

04 Mar 2011, 23:14

webwit wrote:In any case, it isn't exactly rocket science to make a good beer, it's more about snobbery.
What food/drink-related isn't?

webwit
Wild Duck

04 Mar 2011, 23:21

My favorite discussion is about white wine. Alcoholic women with no taste buds drink this. I tell them white wine is only for with fish. Trololol.

keyboardlover

05 Mar 2011, 00:11

I like Erdinger...can't find it here unfortunately. I had it in Italy.

OrphaGn

05 Mar 2011, 09:36

keyboardlover wrote:I like Erdinger...can't find it here unfortunately. I had it in Italy.
I work at a beer garden and we have Erdinger in bottles, people eat that stuff up in the summer during busy season.

keyboardlover

05 Mar 2011, 14:26

Where are you located OrphaGn? Germany?

Minskleip

15 Mar 2011, 03:44

Oh my skleip Guinness and Whisky is sooo good! Where next to qonquer!?

YetAnotherDeveloper

15 Mar 2011, 04:09

my favorite is the blue.

Minskleip

15 Mar 2011, 04:14

What does it taste like?

Crazy9000

15 Mar 2011, 04:26

I drink Guinness because I haven't really liked any other beer from the store that much.

YetAnotherDeveloper

15 Mar 2011, 04:27

Minskleip wrote:What does it taste like?
Awesome in your mouth!

no really its a strong Belgian beer (9%) that is super easy to drink for a darkish beer and i suck at describing beer/wine/etc so i will just steal this one from the web.

more reviews here
A: Dark and hazy brown appearance. 1 1/2 fingers of tan, Pours dark brown with a creamy fizzy head.

S: Raisins and plums... dark fruits...a bit of a port aroma. Fairly sweet. Altogether, fairly subdued.

T: Dark fruits...raisins and brown sugar....cherry, and an touch of sweet chocolate...smooth peppery spiciness. A touch of well integrated alcohol presence. Just flat out outstanding.

M: Moderately high carbonation. Crisp, medium feel.

D: Excellent. Given it's 9% ABV....insanely drinkable.
edit: if you haven't tried and loved a Belgian beer then this will convert you.

Minskleip

15 Mar 2011, 04:29

Oh my god try Scottish whisky from Islay, and then Imediately a sip of Guinness; it's so fucking good!

Return to “Off-topic”