Glissant's giveaway! WINNERS ANNOUNCED INSIDE.

off

06 Jul 2012, 11:39

Needs matrix layout and probably the A/B buttons removed from the case (they must be BIGGER); having all buttons visualised through coloured keycaps...... :o :D

Mrinterface

06 Jul 2012, 11:42

Home made Topre tester and Model M tester.
Topre_BS_iteration_2.jpg
Topre_BS_iteration_2.jpg (242.93 KiB) Viewed 7569 times
EDIT : removed entries due to 1-post constraint

Glissant

08 Jul 2012, 17:06

A new prize has been donated by Mrinterface! It's a Full bag switch sample bag :o
Check it out:

The Full bag switch sample bag has been added as a prize for the first place position :D . Yay for Mrinterface!
Check out the Sample bag thread for more information on what the sample bag

We are still enjoying all the entries. Thank you to everybody that has participated so far =D. Please keep up the awesome work everybody.

Ekaros

08 Jul 2012, 17:14

So would it help if I were to put red keycaps on my red-mod board? ;D

Glissant

09 Jul 2012, 00:37

You can show a blank board if that's what you want to show. It's all about personal taste =).

Edit:
I will be adding the submissions to the second post tomorrow or the day after.

damorgue

09 Jul 2012, 19:50

Glissant wrote:You can show a blank board if that's what you want to show. It's all about personal taste =).

Edit:
Can you submit a single key as an entry?

lock203

09 Jul 2012, 20:09

Sorry for the quality only had a camera phone.

Glissant

09 Jul 2012, 20:36

damorgue wrote:
Glissant wrote:You can show a blank board if that's what you want to show. It's all about personal taste =).

Edit:
Can you submit a single key as an entry?
Yes =).

Edit:
I'll be adding some hammer & sickle and Pi key caps to the giveaway too.

baldgye

10 Jul 2012, 14:53

Being super new to the keyboard baller scene and unable to find/afford the crazy caps you guys help make and find... but here is my keyboard atm;

ishtob

11 Jul 2012, 06:22

full DIY DOXish keyboard with the groupbuy poker alum case:

with my choice of cherry DS + moogle kits:

(wrist rest is a piece of wood i found at ikea that I roughly sawed to shape then sanded to a nice finish)

wilsongunawan

11 Jul 2012, 08:52

Sorry for Phone quality photo.
IMG-20120711-00377.jpg
IMG-20120711-00377.jpg (604.15 KiB) Viewed 7861 times
Attachments
IMG-20120711-00379.jpg
IMG-20120711-00379.jpg (611.24 KiB) Viewed 7861 times
IMG-20120711-00378.jpg
IMG-20120711-00378.jpg (543.74 KiB) Viewed 7861 times

csm725

11 Jul 2012, 17:01

Nothing in the way of modifications (far too unskilled for that), but you did say keycaps are applicable as well, so here's my current board:
These are some imsto caps, blank of course, and a red awesome face cap. :D
I prefer clean and refined to a visual cacophony of colors and emblems.

JaccoW

11 Jul 2012, 17:08

Well, except for a few keycaps I have this photo which I really like.
I was trying to decide on the right colour for my Keycool and decided to swap the cases of both. (which is quite a $%#@ because the are clip-on cases).
I ended up preferring the completely white one and sold the black version. But I will have black keycaps again when Round 4 finally comes available. :D

Just to show you what it looks like now:

Glissant

12 Jul 2012, 02:18

Thanks to everyone yet again that has posted. You are all amazing parts of the community.

I am a little busy these days, so I haven't found the time to update the second post with all the entries. I apologize for that, but I will be getting to it eventually.

Please don't hesitate to post. I have a lot of key caps to give away! And thanks to demik I have some black on yellow geek hack key caps to give away too. (I know I know, this is Deskthority, but they are cool novelty key caps)

Pictures of Pi, hammer & sickle and black on yellow geekhack key caps will be up when and if I find the time.
I am giving away at least 8 of each of the Pi colors, at least 25 of hammer & sickle and a 5 of the black on yellow geek hack key caps.

That means that I am sure everybody is a winner =D. Except me because I'll be broke xD.

Acanthophis

13 Jul 2012, 02:29

Since my G80-1501 SSK Mod won't be finished anytime soon, and all the cool stuff I ordered is either not produced or shipped yet, I'll just enter my daily driver (MX Browns btw. Waiting for a TKL with Blues) to the contest.

For my daily driver I like it clean and simple. That's why I chose the Ninja over the regular MJ2. I didn't care for the keycaps. I love the elegant black minimalistic look of the Ninja case. Unfortunately I only have a blank ISO set (as I said earlier, stuff is not here yet), so enter and \| are off :/
Apart from the minimalistic design I like to keep my Esc keycap in a red colourway.

More photos in the spoiler part or here at imgur:
Spoiler:

Glissant

13 Jul 2012, 18:06

All entries should now be added to the second post. Let me know if you don't see your entry.

oneproduct

14 Jul 2012, 00:44

The 3/16" hand made aluminum cases that I had manufactured at my friend's father's business. The case has a brushed finish and is clear anodized. For keycaps it has a set of zinc electroplated keys from Feng and the titanium Terran logo. For those familiar with Starcraft 2 and the so called Terran "mech" build that refers to the mechanical unit oriented strategies (tanks and such), the keyboard gets a fun dual meaning name: Terran Mech Keyboard. Both Terran Mech and Mechanical keyboard :)

OddOne

15 Jul 2012, 02:52

My entry will be a new paint job for a ten key pad. This here is a re-branded Genovation MicroPad circa 1992. It uses White Alps clicky switches and the key caps are double shot.

Before:
before 1.JPG
before 1.JPG (134.04 KiB) Viewed 7641 times
before 2.JPG
before 2.JPG (130.97 KiB) Viewed 7641 times
After:
after 1.JPG
after 1.JPG (184.31 KiB) Viewed 7641 times
after 2.JPG
after 2.JPG (181.5 KiB) Viewed 7641 times
The paint used was Rust-Oleum Metallic Paint & Primer in One. The color is Carbon Mist (this was left over from one of my wife's projects and ended up being a great fit). Additionally, I shortened the stock serial cable so that I could connect the serial end of a serial-to-usb converter cable within the case. This leaves the key pad with an appearance of being a straight usb device, plus the black cable matches much better.

ps. I did quite a bit of Google searching, but never identified who or what fats was/is; but I liked the look with label so I kept it on the finished product.

Glissant

15 Jul 2012, 03:42

Just a tiny update to let everybody know that I will be adding yet another novelty key to the giveaway. This time it will be the hieroglyphics key cap.
I will update the giveaway with all pertinent information when I find the time =).

Thanks again to everybody that has entered. I love seeing the variety!

noobandroid

15 Jul 2012, 04:17

this is my kb design

Glissant

16 Jul 2012, 02:59

I want to remind everybody that is entered that the deadline to choose one thing to enter is 08/01/2012 (That's August first two-thousand-and-twelve), so please make sure that you have one entry, and that you make it perfectly clear that other images are not a part of your entry. Makes it a whole lot easier for us to have a clear image of all the submissions.
Thanks again to everybody for participating.

Edit: Added image of some of the new key caps added to the giveaway. demik has also donated a hiero key cap to the giveaway so I will add that when they arrive =).
That means there are two more key cap types going to be given away at least. Look forward to that!

Is Glissant CRAZY or something!? :?: :?: :?:

Last edited by Glissant on 16 Jul 2012, 19:14, edited 1 time in total.

mmmty

16 Jul 2012, 16:19

2nd entry: Realforce 87U w/ Orange & Green keycaps.

Glissant

16 Jul 2012, 19:17

mmmty, you already have a submission entered. (Only one entry per person ;) )

Here's the image of the black on yellow key caps that will be given away:

More key caps for free. I can't believe it xD.

ekw808

16 Jul 2012, 20:22

RF 10th AE 55g Uniform

Just got these lime green printed on my topre =D. Reminds of me of donatello and leonardo.
Last edited by ekw808 on 16 Jul 2012, 20:36, edited 1 time in total.

net2522

16 Jul 2012, 20:24

^Finally, you got that skull. SUPERB!!

ekw808

16 Jul 2012, 20:36

Thanks, it's one of my favorites

damorgue

16 Jul 2012, 20:56

Can you enter concepts? E.g. things not actually real yet?

webwit
Wild Duck

16 Jul 2012, 20:59

damorgue wrote:Can you enter concepts? E.g. things not actually real yet?
A golden IBM Model M, trimmed with diamonds.

Glissant

16 Jul 2012, 21:05

I would suggest reading the first post, but I'm in a snarky mood so... Don't think about it. Here you go; a quote from the first post.

If you want a chance to win any of the lovely stuff that I have as a giveaway you only need to post your most impressive keyboard modifications and/or customizations in picture form. If you don't have the key caps or keyboards to post a picture of something awesome, then I would also love to see something illustrated through a drawing or computer graphics.

net2522

16 Jul 2012, 21:06

webwit wrote:
damorgue wrote:Can you enter concepts? E.g. things not actually real yet?
A golden IBM Model M, trimmed with diamonds.
Is that keyboard for GANGSTER~~~~~ :shock:

Return to “Off-topic”