Beware of MagicMeatball

hq1ify

24 Aug 2012, 22:50

I will buy my next keyboard from Lin, that is all I can do about this shit.

dirge

24 Aug 2012, 22:58

hq1ify wrote:I will buy my next keyboard from Lin, that is all I can do about this shit.
She's got two numpads. :)

thegunner100

24 Aug 2012, 23:06

I'd buy one if I'd actually use one.

Djuzuh

24 Aug 2012, 23:06

oyeah, can we buy those numpads ? xD.

p.s.

24 Aug 2012, 23:10

There are a lot of cool stuff you could buy off taobao.com rather than keyboard.

JaccoW

24 Aug 2012, 23:26

RiGS wrote:[...]
What I found strange how the hell this package landed in Finland. That would imply that MMB sent this to Finland.
Lin lives in Finland. She uses her contacts in China and knowledge of the Chinese language (since I am guessing she is originally from China) to negotiate trades. Not that strange to have a package with a claim on it sent back to check it personally.

RiGS

25 Aug 2012, 00:20

That's good to know. Essentially that way she has no firsthand control over the quality of a given product, and there is no way for her to make a thorough inspection.
Potentially that could affect her quality of service in a bad way.
It would also explain how could MMB receive a poor quality keyboard, since all Lin could do is to ask her contacts to make a photo of the keyboard.

asdf

25 Aug 2012, 00:26

RiGS wrote:That's good to know. Essentially that way she has no firsthand control over the quality of a given product, and there is no way for her to make a thorough inspection.
Potentially that could affect her quality of service in a bad way.
It would also explain how could MMB receive a poor quality keyboard, since all Lin could do is to ask her contacts to make a photo of the keyboard.
No. please read
Lin TaobaoAgent wrote:He asks me to test if it is working.
The keyboard plug does not fit, so i order and pay for an adapter(with my own money) and have it tested. All the keys work.

He then asks for pictures.
These pictures were sent to him. He approves them and the keyboard is shipped.

I bet you thought I would not notice this because it was addressed in Finland, but guess what, I spend a lot of time in Finland especially during the summer! There is a reason why Finnish bank transfer is advertised as a payment method on my website!
And I am here now!

RiGS

25 Aug 2012, 00:34

While she definitely tries her best in that situation. I still wouldn't call that fisthand inspection.

I'm sure Lin is a great & honest person based on this thread, but the fact that her service isn't China-based is definitely a drawback. On the other hand the option to pay with moneybookers and SEPA bank transfer is huge for us EU folks. I will probably try her services with confidence.

Btw I'm sure this thread drawed her a lot of attention and future clients.

thegunner100

25 Aug 2012, 04:15

What happened to entertaining the trolls? :(

p.s.

25 Aug 2012, 06:44

福兮祸所伏, 祸兮福所倚
RiGS wrote:
Btw I'm sure this thread drawed her a lot of attention and future clients.

damorgue

25 Aug 2012, 06:48

p.s. wrote:福兮祸所伏, 祸兮福所倚
"Fu Xi disaster volts Misfortune blessing of the Forest"

Google translator nailed it, how can that be wrong?

thegunner100

25 Aug 2012, 06:59

p.s. wrote:福兮祸所伏, 祸兮福所倚
Fortune and disaster are interdependent. Bad things may lead to good results, but good things may also lead to bad results.

*Edited for clarity.

Lin TaobaoAgent

25 Aug 2012, 09:15

Okay, to clear some things up.
I have a professional shipping partner, whom I trust 100%. Otherwise I would not put my name on the line.
If MMB wanted pictures without a plastic bag, or If he wanted pictures with a Santa claus hat on top, all he had to do was ask.
Okay, I do not know about the Santa hat, but you know what I mean.

He actually did ask me what this is, and it was just dirt on the bag. He could have asked to remove the bag and take a picture, but he did not.

The plastic bag is there for protection, and we try to keep the items in their original condition, unless requested otherwise, like is common practice when you deal online, so that is why the bag was not removed. So I also naturally expected to get a functional keyboard in a plastic bag when I knew that it was being shipped back to me.

There is NO problem what so ever to get pictures and quality checked on the items. If items that obviously do not fit the description arrive at the office, they are sent back to the seller.

There is no way I could do everything myself, but all items go through the inspection of the same person. And he is very competent, nice and trustworthy. If this would not work, I would not have a business, even if I spent all my time in China.

About the numpads,
According to my terms of use, a customer has one month to make the second payment.
So basically in the case of the numpads, if i still decided to see him as one, even after breaking the terms of use and sending me a piece of junk, he would have 6 days left to claim them, by paying the shipping.
At the moment I only see him as a big liar and a thief!

After that, I do not know what to do.

If he would admit to what he did and apologize to me, and give me back my money, I could maybe consider him as a customer in this situation only.

If the chargeback would be revised I would probably have a lottery for one on GH and one on DT, and the winners would only pay shipping costs.

If he gets the money, I might just sell them to make up for my loss.

Or what do you think?

fossala
Elite +1

25 Aug 2012, 09:18

I would wait the 6 days. Then there is no question if they are your property to sell. That is from a business standpoint. From a personal one, fuck him.

dirge

25 Aug 2012, 09:46

Can you post pics of the numpads please? If you're wearing a Santa hat holding a sign that says mmb is a thief, they'd be practically priceless then!

kint

25 Aug 2012, 10:18

Lin TaobaoAgent wrote:...Or what do you think?
Lin what do you say to this?
To me this pic of MMb looks like badly retrobrighted aka flaky dark grey caps. I'm sure you know these are rather worthless in keyboard world. It's hard to see through the plastic bag, and imo it's a tad too easy to claim the buyer could have asked for better pics -on that issue. This is something a person whith slight knowledge and in physical posession of the board could have seen easily, but only one of the many flaws a buyer can ask for via mail. It's an imbalance to spot, like shiny caps too, easy for the seller, hard to spot via pics for the buyer.

as for the MX3700 shipping, the mail discussion is ambiguous:
Jul 31 to Lin
I have mentioned this before, and the problem still exists. You didn't put the STATE on the package.
THIS is how the address should read:*********** *********** ***********
You put the city on the same line as the street address, and you did not include the state.

Lin Jul 31 to me
So, now it is such a huge problem. Why didn't you tell me when I confirmed the address with you in the first place. This is the exact same address you have given me.
Lin Jul 31to me
Do you mean nobody knows where Las vegas is without the state?

MLG Jul 31 to Lin
I mentioned it before. Even after I sent you an email saying "You didn't include the state", you said "problem solved". When the last package arrived, and it's amazing that it did, you still did not have the state posted on the label. Go back and read through our emails. I guarantee what I say.
To me this sounds like there was a tiny difference between the adress and its format given, and the adress or format of it stated on the parcel. And there is the tracking information of USPS tracking it in a whole different state (because missing?) of the USA. It's ambiguous because if the state was missing (which can't be verified through these mails) hence given by MMB, and the tracking shows accordingly, I'm afraid, this sounds like the senders fault regardless whether another parcel with that same (wrong) adress got routed correct.

BTW: DHL has this issue. Giving you 5 lines on the form when sometimes you need 6 for US shipping.

Lin TaobaoAgent

25 Aug 2012, 10:53

You know, I really do all I can to ensure that people are happy with my service!
If that is not enough and if someone do not like the way I do business, then please, do business with someone else.
An inspection is made of the items to the degree that can be expected.
Any other wishes I always try to meet to make sure everything is okay.
If the photos are not good enough, then it is up to the buyer to ask for new ones.
Neither I or my shipping partner are keyboard experts, or shoe experts, or knife experts but I try my best to help.
It is known that i am no expert and that is why many customers take their time to explain what they want me to look at if there is something specific.

I do not know why he would say "Great photos!" If they were that bad!
----------
Hi Lin,

Great photos, I appreciate it :)
One question: Is this mark on the bag, or on the keyboard itself? I couldn't tell clearly:
Inline image 1
Just curious. It looks as if it's on the bag, but just wanted to make sure :)
Thank you!

Michael
---------

I can not know without someone telling me.

Also, the state was there for the Keyboard, in that mail he is messing up the two different packages.
That is why in my following mail i stated, "you are messing up the points"
Those are two different things that he tries to spin together, to make me pay.

I sent him the address so that he could confirm it! ? So how can I know i need to change it if he does not tell me to?

The first part of an order on Taobao is that the customer finds what he wants to buy. I try to make sure that he gets it. MMB wanted to buy an old used keyboard in less than perfect condition, a % number for that is for anyone to decide, but he he knew it was old and used.

Still after all of this, it does not justify a chargeback without even discussing a return with me, and it surely does not justify sending me a pile of junk instead of the keyboard, after he lied to paypal about the case.

I am a reasonable person, you can talk to me and there can be common ground, but i also have my limits.
I do not let people take advantage of me, and i do not let people try to talk me into paying for things that are not my responsibility to pay for.

webwit
Wild Duck

25 Aug 2012, 10:57

To me this pic of MMb looks like badly retrobrighted aka flaky dark grey caps.
Bollocks.

kint

25 Aug 2012, 11:16

webwit wrote:
To me this pic of MMb looks like badly retrobrighted aka flaky dark grey caps.
Bollocks.
Well mine do look like that, but whatever.
Lin TaobaoAgent wrote:...
Still after all of this, it does not justify a chargeback without even discussing a return with me, and it surely does not justify sending me a pile of junk instead of the keyboard, after he lied to paypal about the case.....
Of course not, didn't say that.
This behaviour is well beyond discussion, I'm just trying to figure what happened beforehand.

Lin TaobaoAgent

25 Aug 2012, 11:23

Yes, I know you are all trying to figure out what happened, and I think most of the facts are laid out here in this thread, so for now i will leave you to it.

I wanted an open discussion about thisand I want to thank DT for letting this discussion run its course.
It needed to come out!

Yes, Fossala I will wait the 6 days and see what happens.
Dirge, it is still a long time to christmas ;)

dirge

25 Aug 2012, 11:41

christmas is only round the corner, 4 weeks until decorations start going up :P take it mmb's off your xmas card list then :)

cactux

25 Aug 2012, 13:21

[Account and posts deleted on request]

RiGS

25 Aug 2012, 14:25

Damn! I like your sexy calves, and lovely smile. It's hard to focus on the shoes.

http://gogospree.com/

Lin, I couldn't leave this unnoticed, but is that you on those pics?? I thought for a second that you just use that sexy girl in your avatar to lure customers.

cactux

25 Aug 2012, 14:57

[Account and posts deleted on request]

Lin TaobaoAgent

25 Aug 2012, 14:59

Nice Christmas card Cactux ;)

Hmm, yes, that is me. I forgot about those pictures.
That was my old website, and I thought I would turn it into a blog, with me and other people who wanted to post stuff found on taobao could do it, but It kind of got left behind when En-Taobao took off.

I actually hate my calves, but thank you very much for the compliment!

Oh my god I should delete those!

(took it offline for now, sorry :oops: )
Last edited by Lin TaobaoAgent on 25 Aug 2012, 15:03, edited 1 time in total.

RiGS

25 Aug 2012, 15:02

Oh no, please don't! Don't be shy, you deserve attention! :lol:
Last edited by RiGS on 25 Aug 2012, 15:26, edited 1 time in total.

Lin TaobaoAgent

25 Aug 2012, 15:21

RiGS wrote:Oh no, please don't! Don't be shy, you deserve attention! :lol:

:? Do you mean people can still see them?
Last edited by Lin TaobaoAgent on 25 Aug 2012, 15:31, edited 1 time in total.

RiGS

25 Aug 2012, 15:23

Absolutely. For your interest you have the talent to become a fitness model.

Lin TaobaoAgent

25 Aug 2012, 15:26

RiGS wrote:Absolutely. For your interest you have the talent to become a fitness model.
Thank you, I try to take care of myself.
:oops: :)

Return to “Off-topic”