Beware of MagicMeatball

Acanthophis

24 Aug 2012, 12:20

MagicMeatball wrote:Shut up you little useless twat. Sit back and eat your popcorn, kid.

andrewjoy

24 Aug 2012, 12:23

i i think this sums up my feelings on magicmeatball

kint

24 Aug 2012, 13:53

How this looks to a bystander:
MMB:
You're not doing yourself a favor by rude language and insulting everyone in this thread. Of course you're allowed to, but it doesn't support your cause. My impression from your talking on the board and more important from your posted mails is that you're a quick-tempered, self-righteous person quick at hand with threats like "I don't want to, but I could bring this to a GH topic". Not helpful, although not that much of an issue for the facts.
Lin:
I guess the service fee you apply is rather low so you can't cover issues like falsely located parcels out of you pocket. You should rethink that. I recently shipped a parcel to the netherlands and copy pasted the adress the buyer gave and it still got returned: "not found". Shit happens. Your position on the MX3700 shipping may be valid, but it isn't a very comfort one. Split costs would be a sign of service maybe. Standing a hard position on facts ain't the most helpful one when doing business with westeners (gross generalisation, sorry).

With all the adress *** out in the mails: one question remains:
Was the adress copy pasted/ printed directly to a shipping label, or was itr rewritten? I always do first because I expect the other side to know best how the adress is formatted correctly.

As for the 3000 issue:
1. MMB: lin said the postman took the parcel to the office where it got opened, so apparently she hadn't the parcel in posession until opening in the PO.
2. Lin: The normal DS keys look badly retrobrighted, flaky, actually I'ld expect that to be mentioned. Showing the board in a clear plastic bag could be taken as intentionally misleading. Imo, cutting this off with: I'm not the seller is an too easy position, as I would expect you to have a slight knowledge of the topic. I do expect a pizza boy to know he can't shake the pizza box, as this is his field of work.
3. As webwit posted there are not much options how the caps could vanish. Looking a t the cropped pics of the Post office I notice:
* Lin you got some manly hands :P
* Who would remove the green space bar switch form the board ? Clearly not a keycap ninja at the office, this is rather special
* The parcel ain't big enough to house a plastic bag with caps. The only way such a bag could fit in is at the small side opposed to the one we see open in the #1 of the cropped image. But it does look too small for that in #2.
* If the parcel was reshipped by Lin as webwit pointed out as a possibility, they would have removed the USPS currency label on the front, the image #2 shows a parcel coming directly from the US. Intercontinental reshipping is a pricey one, you gotta be real pissed to spend that mucH.

My personal conclusion:
You got pissed about the MX3700 MMB, and didn't expect those to be reshipped anyway because of cost disagreement, so you decided to remove anything worthy from the 3000 and send it back to not loose your paypal claim.
My solution to you guys:
Call it a day. Not much options left. Lin you keep the 3700 and the pile of junk the 3000 is, MMB you keep the caps and paypal funds.

damorgue

24 Aug 2012, 14:03

While we are at it, why does Paypal claim that Lin is a male?
Why are the pictures that have been psoted in this thread taken at a post office in Finland? I have a hard time believing that a post office in China(?) would advertise for the Finnish postal service, in Finnish language on top of that.

dirge

24 Aug 2012, 14:15

How can you hold a keyboard in one hand a camera in the other and still manage to photo your hand holding scissors??!

These photo's are like the moon landing ones! :o

kint

24 Aug 2012, 14:17

From lins op on GH:
I bet you thought I would not notice this because it was addressed in Finland, but guess what, I spend a lot of time in Finland especially during the summer! There is a reason why Finnish bank transfer is advertised as a payment method on my website! And I am here now!
The first sentence didn't make sense to me to, but whatever. Also don't give too much on the male/female thing of websites, PP does claim: "the buyer, let them know" etc too. Standard unisex html.

RiGS

24 Aug 2012, 14:29

dirge wrote:How can you hold a keyboard in one hand a camera in the other and still manage to photo your hand holding scissors??!

These photo's are like the moon landing ones! :o
Maybe he asked someone to take a picture of the procedure. There is nothing strange there.
What I found strange how the hell this package landed in Finland. That would imply that MMB sent this to Finland.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

24 Aug 2012, 14:46

In the DT thread I mentioned before, MagicMeatball had announced he would not appear again on DT. And then this:
webwit wrote:MagicMeatball's ip and Brodawg's ip almost match and resolve to the same isp and metro and area code. In other words, caught pants down trying to manipulate this topic.
I think someone who after leaving in anger registers under a new name and then (quite disgustingly) uses that unrecognized identity to support himself on a discussion forum can even less be expected to tell the truth in a matter where real money is involved.

When I read MagicMeatball's way of discussing here, I can imagine him grumbling "So you don't want to ship those numpads again? Wait, this keyboard will be my revenge! Harharhar… Cutting the cord… Breaking a switch… Removing parts inside… Keeping the keycaps… Harharhar… Stuffing the open case into the package… With my money called back, I would spend even more than the 25$ shipping costs to see your face when you open it… You won’t even be able to prove you got it in that condition… Harharhar…"

So I’m not only inclined to believe that he did keep the keycaps (as kint pointed out, there is obviously no room for them in the parcel), but also deliberately destroyed the keyboard.
As for the switch of the left Alt key (the "broken switch" he complains about in the PayPal dispute, linking a picture as a proof), it is obviously intact on the pictures Lin had sent to him beforehand. Ever tried to place a keycap on a broken switch? No way to keep it in place, and obviously the keyboard was moved between the pictures, which makes a broken switch even less credible. So I would suspect the switch was broken… how to express that?… at a later stage.
Probably by one of those post office keycap ninjas, but this time on the way to MagicMeatball instead of from him :lol:

rainb1ood

24 Aug 2012, 14:55

Usually the USPS includes/places the weight of the package on the printed stamp upon receipt. Now have Lin post a picture of that stamp then compare it to the weight when she received it.

fossala
Elite +1

24 Aug 2012, 15:13

rainb1ood wrote:Usually the USPS includes/places the weight of the package on the printed stamp upon receipt. Now have Lin post a picture of that stamp then compare it to the weight when she received it.
Good thinking, but she could just say it weighs the same.

MagicMeatball

24 Aug 2012, 16:46

kbdfr wrote:
I think someone who after leaving in anger registers under a new name and then (quite disgustingly) uses that unrecognized identity to support himself on a discussion forum can even less be expected to tell the truth in a matter where real money is involved.

When I read MagicMeatball's way of discussing here, I can imagine him grumbling "So you don't want to ship those numpads again? Wait, this keyboard will be my revenge! Harharhar… Cutting the cord… Breaking a switch… Removing parts inside… Keeping the keycaps… Harharhar… Stuffing the open case into the package… With my money called back, I would spend even more than the 25$ shipping costs to see your face when you open it… You won’t even be able to prove you got it in that condition… Harharhar…"

So I’m not only inclined to believe that he did keep the keycaps (as kint pointed out, there is obviously no room for them in the parcel), but also deliberately destroyed the keyboard.
As for the switch of the left Alt key (the "broken switch" he complains about in the PayPal dispute, linking a picture as a proof), it is obviously intact on the pictures Lin had sent to him beforehand. Ever tried to place a keycap on a broken switch? No way to keep it in place, and obviously the keyboard was moved between the pictures, which makes a broken switch even less credible. So I would suspect the switch was broken… how to express that?… at a later stage.
Probably by one of those post office keycap ninjas, but this time on the way to MagicMeatball instead of from him :lol:
Interesting and flawed theory based on what? Photos taken at a post office after the parcel returned from her/his home first? The keycaps were in a baggie, laid flat across the top of the keyboard. The broken switch happened when they keycap was removed. It literally came off with the keycap as well as a few other switches. They were really in that bad of shape.

Keep inventing more theories, though. I have stated fact, photos and emails supporting my side. I have nothing left to say except entertaining the trolls.

dirge

24 Aug 2012, 16:50

MagicMeatball wrote:I have nothing left to say except entertaining the trolls.
Oh thank god, could you do a little dance and hurl abuse like a hobo with tourettes? :evilgeek:

thegunner100

24 Aug 2012, 17:20

The denizens of Deskthority will be delighted!

Yes, Brodawg = MMB. If you paid close attention last night, Brodawg posted something, it showed up in the spy, the post was deleted, and then reposted by MMB. Clear evidence.

We should warn qtan and imsto about those damn keycap ninjas working at the chinese post offices.

dirge

24 Aug 2012, 17:33

the conspiracy grows!

kbdfr
The Tiproman

24 Aug 2012, 17:38

MagicMeatball wrote:Interesting and flawed theory based on what? Photos taken at a post office after the parcel returned from her/his home first?
Once again, she did not take the parcel to the post office herself, but had it go back there by refusing to accept delivery at her door. As kint has pointed out, if the parcel had been "reshipped by Lin as webwit pointed out as a possibility, they would have removed the USPS currency label on the front, the image #2 shows a parcel coming directly from the US".
So the only other possibility is that Lin would have accepted the parcel, opened it, destroyed the keyboard, stuffed it back into the parcel and taped it, and then carried it to the post office herself and then taken a few pictures on the counter in front of a post office employee completely puzzled about what was happening there :lol:
The keycaps were in a baggie, laid flat across the top of the keyboard.
That is an obvious lie. There is definitely no room in that parcel for keycaps "in a bag laid flat across the top". As a matter of fact, there would be just enough room for them if they had been in place. Everyone here knows how much room keycaps need when not on switches.
The broken switch happened when they keycap was removed. It literally came off with the keycap as well as a few other switches. They were really in that bad of shape.
You offer modding service and break a switch when removing a keycap? And if "a few other switches" came off with their keycaps as well, how comes they are all there on the post office photos?
Unless of course the post office keycap ninja which destroyed the keyboard repaired them first :lol:
So either you lie here or you lied when telling PayPal a switch was broken which it is now supposed to have been in bad shape.
Or, and this is my guess, you lie here and you lied in your PayPal mail.

p.s.

24 Aug 2012, 17:55

Why Chinese post office involved? The package seems handled by USPS and Finland postal service.

thegunner100 wrote:

Yes, Brodawg = MMB. If you paid close attention last night, Brodawg posted something, it showed up in the spy, the post was deleted, and then reposted by MMB. Clear evidence.

We should warn qtan and imsto about those damn keycap ninjas working at the chinese post offices.

MagicMeatball

24 Aug 2012, 17:59

kbdfr wrote:
MagicMeatball wrote:Interesting and flawed theory based on what? Photos taken at a post office after the parcel returned from her/his home first?
Once again, she did not take the parcel to the post office herself, but had it go back there by refusing to accept delivery at her door. As kint has pointed out, if the parcel had been "reshipped by Lin as webwit pointed out as a possibility, they would have removed the USPS currency label on the front, the image #2 shows a parcel coming directly from the US".
So the only other possibility is that Lin would have accepted the parcel, opened it, destroyed the keyboard, stuffed it back into the parcel and taped it, and then carried it to the post office herself and then taken a few pictures on the counter in front of a post office employee completely puzzled about what was happening there :lol:
The keycaps were in a baggie, laid flat across the top of the keyboard.
That is an obvious lie. There is definitely no room in that parcel for keycaps "in a bag laid flat across the top". As a matter of fact, there would be just enough room for them if they had been in place. Everyone here knows how much room keycaps need when not on switches.
The broken switch happened when they keycap was removed. It literally came off with the keycap as well as a few other switches. They were really in that bad of shape.
You offer modding service and break a switch when removing a keycap? And if "a few other switches" came off with their keycaps as well, how comes they are all there on the post office photos?
Unless of course the post office keycap ninja which destroyed the keyboard repaired them first :lol:
So either you lie here or you lied when telling PayPal a switch was broken which it is now supposed to have been in bad shape.
Or, and this is my guess, you lie here and you lied in your PayPal mail.
The package itself was 'bloated', meaning it wasn't flat to begin with. Why? Because of the bag of keycaps on the top. It was a large freezer baggie laid out flat, with the keycaps spread out. The switch housing on the top had a broken tab that holds the top to the bottom housing. 2 total pulled off with the keycap, as the keycap was stuck to the stem. I didn't have to use much force for that to happen.

If she re-shipped the package, then she needs to account for what happened in between receiving the package and sending it back out. You have no real basis to call me a liar other than you just drawing your own conclusions and disregarding the facts I have already stated with evidence.

thegunner100

24 Aug 2012, 18:14

p.s. wrote:Why Chinese post office involved? The package seems handled by USPS and Finland postal service.

thegunner100 wrote:

Alright fine, post office keycap ninjas in general then! THEY'RE EVERYWHERE O_O

guilleguillaume

24 Aug 2012, 19:05

Just WOW :o

kbdfr
The Tiproman

24 Aug 2012, 19:07

MagicMeatball wrote:The package itself was 'bloated', meaning it wasn't flat to begin with. Why? Because of the bag of keycaps on the top. It was a large freezer baggie laid out flat, with the keycaps spread out.
Now come on… you're not really pretending you sent such a "bloated" parcel on an intercontinental trip, are you? :lol:
[…] If she re-shipped the package, then she needs to account for what happened in between receiving the package and sending it back out.
Once again, typing veeeeery slowly for you to understand: she did not re-ship the parcel. She denied acceptance at her door and the postman took it back, upon what she went to the post office to have it handed out to her there and open it in front of witnesses.
You have no real basis to call me a liar other than you just drawing your own conclusions and disregarding the facts I have already stated with evidence.
There is at least a good reason to call you a liar: you posted in support of yourself using another identity.
Now that is not really a way to demonstrate honesty nor intellectual integrity.

RiGS

24 Aug 2012, 19:23

Someone should make a poll on this.

TheSoulhunter

24 Aug 2012, 19:24

MMB should post new n better pictures to proof the caps were in bad shape!

RiGS

24 Aug 2012, 19:26

How is that would be possible? He claimed he sent those keycaps with the package.

kint

24 Aug 2012, 19:40

I know this is going to sound like a biased bash, it really ain't.
MagicMeatball wrote:...Keep inventing more theories, though. I have stated fact, photos and emails supporting my side. I have nothing left to say except entertaining the trolls.
It was Lin who showed photos which are hardly arguable, taken in a PO. You showed pics of an arguable condition which can occur between people.
If Lin got the adress on the MX3700 shipping wrong it's her fault, but that is hard to discuss without a pic showing the shipping labels vs. the email where you handed her your adress. I wouldn't ask for such a proof openly posted on the www though.
Right now I'm tending to Lin's story on the 3000 just because it looks more plausible, and to your side on the mX3700, same reason. But both issues should indeed treated seperat imo.
kbdfr wrote:Now come on… you're not really pretending you sent such a "bloated" parcel on an intercontinental trip, are you?
doesn't even matter, because:
MagicMeatball wrote:...Quite the contrary, you stole from me. Which you still have my merchandise right now that I paid for, that you refuse to send me unless I send you another $40 for a bad shipment that never reached me. It's YOUR responsibility to ensure a package is received by the buyer. Nobody stole from you, you stole from me. ..
from this post.
IMO this should be common practice, if just applied one sided from customer to business man/woman it's self-righteous.

Lin TaobaoAgent

24 Aug 2012, 20:15

I do not have time right now to get into this again, and I have stated most things I wanted to say,
But at the moment when the numpads were supposed to be re-shipped, he had already done a chargeback for the other item, without warning, breaking my terms of use.

It is clearly written in my rules, on my webpage, that if the fault is not on our end, which it was not, i do not pay the shipping cost. The lines are very clear, and they need to be, when you are doing business.

Special favors, outside my rules are surely not for people who have already deceived me, and having rules protecting me from these kind of incidents are required for me to be able to do business at all. I hope everyone can understand that.

The label was also copy/pasted printed and the address was even re-confirmed with the buyer, like is my common practice before i ship out something. Ask any of my customers, I always do that!

And yes btw, those are not my hands :D
I do not go to a Finnish post office with something like this, without bringing someone with me, who can speak Finnish.
It is kind of 50/50 if people over 40 y can speak English here, and I can admit to that I do not speak Finnish.
I do have friends, if anyone was in doubt.

I am the Camera girl. The one making sure it is documented in a clear way.

demik

24 Aug 2012, 21:33

I thought you were in china o.O

Mmb, did you ship to china or Finland?

RiGS

24 Aug 2012, 21:41

I think he did, otherwise Lin's story wouldn't make any sense.

dirge

24 Aug 2012, 21:53

demik wrote:I thought you were in china o.O

Mmb, did you ship to china or Finland?
;p like states in America it's an easy mistake to make!

p.s.

24 Aug 2012, 22:07

IMO the pictures and the statement from Posti Finland will be used against the chargeback. It probably will be revised.

On the other hand another chargeback might be initiated regarding the numberpads.

Btw, kint did some really nice analysis.

andrewjoy

24 Aug 2012, 22:09

I just think its unfair on Lin, poor girl is just doing her job and has to deal with all this shit.

Return to “Off-topic”