What are you listening to at the moment?

Lustique

14 Mar 2012, 20:37

guilleguillaume wrote:Reading Lord of the Rings while listening to Tolkien Ensemble music is absolutely amazing:
The lyrics are the actual Tolkien poems and in some songs Christopher Lee is the one who sings like in this one.

PD: I can't attach the video, don't know where to cut the link :x
Just put everything between the "watch?v=" and the first "&" following some code like "fmt=35", "hd=1" oder "list=XYZ" in between the youtube-tag (watch?v=rJ42cbnjMpM&list=FLLW4WlCwh1x33Yo9rr_50yw&feature=mh_lolz), or go on "share" and than use everything behind "http://youtu.be/". Example (and I "corrected" your link):
:lol:
woody wrote:
Lustique wrote:I've been born in the wrong era. :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7W864JuLsY
@2:14
:mrgreen:

Miasma

14 Mar 2012, 22:44

Such a moving song.

Brian8bit

15 Mar 2012, 02:59

Dubstep, dubstep and more and more dubstep. I wish I had bigger speakers though. My AV40s are capable enough and the bass is great, but with bigger speakers I'd be able to really appreciate those sub synths (by appreciate I mean drown in sound).
Last one is from this set...

captain

15 Mar 2012, 19:58

AwolNation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWfph3iNC-k

And in case you were wondering, yes, that is beyond insanely dangerous. He crashed a few weeks ago doing the same thing. "live fast, die young, leave no corpse for others to clean up!". The vultures will pick up the pieces. ;-P

MoarMAtt

16 Mar 2012, 15:20

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDf94eF6URI

Oneohtrix Point Nevers music is so electro fuzzy awesome but i love this cover.

Lustique

26 Mar 2012, 23:37

It's pretty old, but what the heck (you should skip to 0:40 to avoid verbal diarrhoea, by the way):

Brian8bit

12 Apr 2012, 23:15

Was listening to maschinengeist.org earlier while doing stuff and this came on. Had to stop what I was doing, check to see who the artist was and then get it on Youtube so I could listen to it again. Several times. Too good not to share.

cthulhu

06 May 2012, 23:44

Another Musician made some Music inspired by LOTR:
Bo Hansson, i find his stuff effin amazing.

ripster

17 Jun 2012, 16:55

Germans celebrate Father's Day on Ascension day? WTF?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Father%27s_Day

captain

18 Jun 2012, 04:30

Listening to the mellifluous gurgling and click-clack cacophony of cream ale fermenting; and, yes, that is a deca-nickel holding down the top! ;-P
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339986576.339707.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339986576.339707.jpg (124.21 KiB) Viewed 6979 times

tinnie

18 Jun 2012, 05:42

listening to Energy 52 Cafe Del mar
http://youtu.be/RVoYWHlxEzE

captain

18 Jun 2012, 18:54

Does anyone have any idea how to post a video from an iPhone using Tapatalk?

ripster

18 Jun 2012, 18:59

I do but fear your videos.
Posted from my iPad without that damn TapaTalk.

captain

18 Jun 2012, 19:18

Well, I know how to link a yootoob vid. I was hoping there was some way to post a video directly, as can be done with photos.

Thanks for the Lily Allen!

Acanthophis

18 Jun 2012, 19:20

RC-1140

19 Nov 2012, 22:13

Why don't we revive the music thread? I think music tells a lot about a person.

Also I seem to have failed to participate in this thread yet, though Spharx references a song I posted in the old GH thread, back when I was still active there.

Here's a good one:

rodtang

19 Nov 2012, 23:09

I don't listen to a lot of music so I end up looping the same YouTube video over and over most of the time when I do, this is what I've been listening to lately.

hq1ify

19 Nov 2012, 23:40

RC-1140

19 Nov 2012, 23:52

hq1ify: had to use VPN to see the video, damn German GEMA blocking all the music videos. Interesting combination of video and music.

rodtang: I listen to various music, but often only one to three albums at once. Every 3 weeks my music taste makes a 180 degree turn, and I dig out some other Albums, so from Classical and Baroque music (I love Beethoven, and the Harpsichord Suites of Händel) over Hardstyle, Folk Punk, Medieval Rock, to Drum'n'Bass, Jazz and Electroswing I like lots of music. Currently Electroswing, so I have Parov Stelar's "The Princess" and "Coco" on repeat.

rodtang

20 Nov 2012, 00:40

RC-1140 wrote:had to use VPN to see the video
proxtube.com

CeeSA

17 Dec 2012, 23:56

RC-1140

18 Dec 2012, 22:14

Nah, if it has to be electronic:
or
but currently I prefer this:
Listen to the whole song, it really develops! Especially after 3:04. Originally these are two songs, but they really belong together.

BimboBB

19 Dec 2012, 20:18

RC-1140

29 Jan 2013, 18:10

And once again I'll try to revive this thread, I'm always on the lookout for new interesting music.

As I said, my taste in music often makes 180 degree turns, so until the day before yesterday I couldn't stop listening to Cuban music:
but now I've suddenly turned to post-rock/ambient/dream-pop. In other words: Sigur Rós.

rodtang

29 Jan 2013, 18:21

Looks like we're listening to the same genre, I've been listening to a lot of Explosions in the sky lately, it is great when doing school work. I would be listening to Sigur Rós if it they didn't have lyrics (well, stuff that remind me of lyrics).

matt3o
-[°_°]-

29 Jan 2013, 18:31

Currently listening to:
and this:

dirge

29 Jan 2013, 18:38

Stevie.

RC-1140

29 Jan 2013, 18:46

rodtang: thanks a lot, that's just absolutely amazing! I've been listening to it for 17 minutes, and I love it until now.

I don't really think of the lyrics in Sigur Rós' pieces in the sense of "lyrics". I think of it rather as another "instrument". I don't understand íslenska, and in some pieces they don't even use Icelandic, but some other, fictional language, so I don't really worry about them, but I agree, sometimes the voice can become a little bit annoying.

rodtang

29 Jan 2013, 18:50

RC-1140 wrote:rodtang: thanks a lot, that's just absolutely amazing! I've been listening to it for 17 minutes, and I love it until now.

I don't really think of the lyrics in Sigur Rós' pieces in the sense of "lyrics". I think of it rather as another "instrument". I don't understand íslenska, and in some pieces they don't even use Icelandic, but some other, fictional language, so I don't really worry about them, but I agree, sometimes the voice can become a little bit annoying.
Well, I mostly understand Icelandic which probably is the biggest reason it is a distraction, I try to listen to the lyrics, even if they're not really lyrics.

RC-1140

29 Jan 2013, 18:57

You understand Icelandic? Cool! I really want to get to learn Nordic languages. I'm still not sure where to start though. Probably Danish, as Denmark is pretty close to where I live, but Norwegian is tempting as well. I feel like learning Icelandic would be the hardest of the Nordic languages to learn when you're German. Unless you count Finnish as a Nordic language…

I would also love to learn old norse (at least enough to be able to read the Edda in it) one day, but I doubt I will ever.

Return to “Off-topic”