What are you listening to at the moment?

rodtang

29 Jan 2013, 19:05

RC-1140 wrote:You understand Icelandic? Cool! I really want to get to learn Nordic languages. I'm still not sure where to start though. Probably Danish, as Denmark is pretty close to where I live, but Norwegian is tempting as well. I feel like learning Icelandic would be the hardest of the Nordic languages to learn when you're German. Unless you count Finnish as a Nordic language…

I would also love to learn old norse (at least enough to be able to read the Edda in it) one day, but I doubt I will ever.
Sounds like Norwegian would be the best starting point for you. Norwegian is a more modern old norse with a hint of Danish. So if you know Norwegian learning both Icelandic and Danish (and swedish for that matter) should be pretty easy. I managed to teach a Finnish guy the basics over steam so it can't be that hard.

RC-1140

29 Jan 2013, 19:16

I guess I'll have to find a place to learn Norwegian then.

But I feel we go a little bit too OT in this OT thread. If there's anything more I guess the IRC would be a better place.

Acanthophis

29 Jan 2013, 19:42

OT in a OT thread? Get outta here!

Place to learn Norwegian? Visit someone here on the forum :D

LaCap

13 Mar 2013, 16:30

http://www.nyan.cat

For now 2185 seconds...

RC-1140

19 Mar 2013, 15:52

Woo! Igorrr!

Really strange music. Supposedly a mixture of Breakcore, Metal, and baroque music. Well. At least it's interesting!

Broadmonkey
Fancy Rank

19 Mar 2013, 18:20

That is really, really weird! it sounded okay until some f'ed up dude started screaming :?

Have some danish (singing in english)

guilleguillaume

19 Mar 2013, 18:22

Quite relaxing.

ne0phyte
Toast.

19 Mar 2013, 18:37

http://soundcloud.com/jack-ox-1/mord-fu ... original-1

The clipped vocals at 2:50+ are so awesome :O

Although I'm more into DnB, Minimal and some fucked up stuff :lol:

pheo

19 Mar 2013, 19:12

I will wait for you. Mumford & sons:

RC-1140

19 Mar 2013, 19:46

Hmm. The last one is GEMA-blocked in Germany…

Also great and rather relaxing:
ne0phyte:
DnB? What about some Jungle?

BimboBB

19 Mar 2013, 20:17

Dat keyboard man! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsBigDzg3F8

one more nice track from boys noize ft snoop doggy dog.....great combo! 8-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_us5RZXyh0

edit: how can i link a video? that youtube tag doesnt work
Last edited by BimboBB on 19 Mar 2013, 20:26, edited 1 time in total.

ne0phyte
Toast.

19 Mar 2013, 20:24

RC-1140: That's nice too, but it depends on what I am doing. I _need_ music to fade down distractions at work so I tend to listen to "massive" and often rather repetitive music. I need something that blocks out everything else.

I guess this is a good example https://soundcloud.com/poire-a-lavement/nation-kepler :D

RC-1140

19 Mar 2013, 21:42

When I'm not actively listening to music I need something which doesn't distract my mind too much. I'm somebody who often gets completely captured in music, analysing it and thinking about it. That's not particularly helpful when I'm working on something. Vocals tend to be very distracting to me as well. For working I often turn on some liquid D'n'B like this:
Also Post rock tends to be quite nice for working:
And when the thing I'm working on isn't too demanding I sometimes also allow some more distracting music:
But some music I like isn't really compatible with working: (sadly I could only find it in a video which is GEMA blocked in Germany)

rodtang

19 Mar 2013, 21:53

Compgeke

19 Mar 2013, 23:47

Listening to The Wall album, currently on "One of My Turns". I do notice that there is a dramatic sound quality difference between my iPod (3rd Gen Classic) and my CD player at home :L.

Peter

22 Mar 2013, 19:52

George Harrison and The Beet'less :
"Long Long Long"

(Beet'less : White Album - Original mono-version)

matt3o
-[°_°]-

23 Mar 2013, 17:39

beat this! (1:00)

Peter

23 Mar 2013, 18:03

BEATEN :

matt3o
-[°_°]-

23 Mar 2013, 18:17

and where's the music?

pheo

23 Mar 2013, 18:20

Maybe this beats you two! :P Coming soon Third season GoT.

Peter

23 Mar 2013, 18:26

matt3o wrote:and where's the music?
What, didn't you hear it ?
It's right there, in that crazy little Golf-ball going nuts all over that poor piece of invisible paper !

ne0phyte
Toast.

03 Apr 2013, 12:11

Broadmonkey
Fancy Rank

03 Apr 2013, 19:08

Infected Mushroom?
Not a week goes by without having listened to at least one of their numbers!

BimboBB

05 Apr 2013, 00:19

my favourite from Infected Mushroom....Buttrock Goa! :)

BimboBB

08 Apr 2013, 19:12

Electronic music made in MeckPom:

Okeg

27 Apr 2013, 12:46

In this post I shall only post music I enjoy, altough you guys won't enjoy it.

First out; nasenbluten - Fuck Anna Wood

GeorgeStorm

27 Apr 2013, 17:52

Rediscovered Kpop a couple of weeks ago.

photekq
Cherry Picker

27 Apr 2013, 19:19

ray4jc

02 May 2013, 15:30

Darude Radio on Pandora!

mauri

06 May 2013, 14:14

rodtang wrote:
RC-1140 wrote:You understand Icelandic? Cool! I really want to get to learn Nordic languages. I'm still not sure where to start though. Probably Danish, as Denmark is pretty close to where I live, but Norwegian is tempting as well. I feel like learning Icelandic would be the hardest of the Nordic languages to learn when you're German. Unless you count Finnish as a Nordic language…

I would also love to learn old norse (at least enough to be able to read the Edda in it) one day, but I doubt I will ever.
Sounds like Norwegian would be the best starting point for you. Norwegian is a more modern old norse with a hint of Danish. So if you know Norwegian learning both Icelandic and Danish (and swedish for that matter) should be pretty easy. I managed to teach a Finnish guy the basics over steam so it can't be that hard.
Finland is bilingual, officially anyway so the step from swedish to danish or norwegian isn't that big (dunno bout iceland quite frankly)

I wish I could learn an oriental language or russian

Also, on topic RHCP - Love Rollercoaster
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1cbsLKXasQ

Return to “Off-topic”