Does this make me #2 ban on GH?

DanGWanG

30 Jan 2013, 07:55

Sorry DanGWanG, you are banned from using this forum!
bating mod/admin, trolling and inviting other to threadcrap, setting bad example for others, etc.
This ban is not set to expire.

Acanthophis

30 Jan 2013, 08:15

I blame your weed consumption! :D

Halverson

30 Jan 2013, 08:31

Did I miss the bang?

fossala
Elite +1

30 Jan 2013, 09:04

Welcome. What did you do to get banned. What did you say? Didn't webwit and someone else get banned many moons ago?

7bit

30 Jan 2013, 09:10

Didn't even notice DanGWanG was a DT member until today.
:o

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

30 Jan 2013, 09:34

danwangbeendanbannedawman

dirge

30 Jan 2013, 09:43

Honestly the amount it took to ban ripster was significant. Think the ban hammer on Dan is pathetic. The guys one of the most helpful over there.

Know your losing interest in the keyboards Dan but hope you keep an eye on here from time to time bud.

Think geekhack needs to recognize they are not taking things in a positive direction.

dirge

30 Jan 2013, 09:49

oh and Dan if you want to know how that fucking shoe thread is going drop me a pm! :lol:

Icarium

30 Jan 2013, 09:52

He can still read. ;)

JBert

30 Jan 2013, 10:17

His GH account doesn't say it's locked... Or is that a feature of the new forum software?

korne

30 Jan 2013, 10:39

I have no words...

fruktstund

30 Jan 2013, 11:10

I honestly love how almost everyone at GH seems afraid of so called "threadcrapping" (which, by their definition, seems equivalent to "post in a thread in the classifieds section without actually buying the item").

That's not really related though. Sorry to hear about the ban, Dan. What did you even do? Doesn't look like you said anything banworthy to me. The mods might have cleaned it out though, who knows...

Also, I fully agree with dirge. :>

7bit

30 Jan 2013, 11:22

I just looked into the moderation logs and could not find a sign of any banning, or his post being edited.
:o

Maybe DanGWanG is just trolling!
:lol:

dirge

30 Jan 2013, 11:50

If they backtrack on Dan does that mean ripster will be allowed back?

TheSoulhunter

30 Jan 2013, 12:09

dirge wrote:If they backtrack on Dan does that mean ripster will be allowed back?
I hope so! 8-)

mintberryminuscrunch

30 Jan 2013, 13:27

let me guess, it's because you said what you thought about $herryton and sorts

phetto
Elite

30 Jan 2013, 14:05

wooot

baldgye

30 Jan 2013, 14:31

hella lame

SmallFry

30 Jan 2013, 15:03

Sorry to hear that Dan... Hope you can come back... :(

DanGWanG

30 Jan 2013, 16:12

My IP was banned on GH so I cant read or anything. No clue why. I had a threadcrapping alllowed thread in classifieds that I felt did no harm and was shortly banned afterwards.

I'm still puzzled

inlikeflynn

30 Jan 2013, 16:17

^^ that classified thread got deleted too I see. And from my tab I still had open with that thread, it was exactly this reason they gave you
"bating mod/admin, trolling and inviting other to threadcrap, setting bad example for others, etc."

:roll:

7bit

30 Jan 2013, 16:24

DanGWanG wrote:My IP was banned on GH so I cant read or anything. No clue why. I had a threadcrapping alllowed thread in classifieds that I felt did no harm and was shortly banned afterwards.

I'm still puzzled
Now I understand: You got banned from GH (they still exist?).

Welcome home!

:-)

SmallFry

30 Jan 2013, 17:00

DanGWanG wrote:My IP was banned on GH so I cant read or anything. No clue why. I had a threadcrapping alllowed thread in classifieds that I felt did no harm and was shortly banned afterwards.

I'm still puzzled
Shot you a PM, hopefully good news.

inlikeflynn

30 Jan 2013, 17:09

I believe these are the 2 posts responsible for the ban

Krogenar

30 Jan 2013, 17:28

Shooting in the dark here -- maybe the admins needed to do a blanket IP ban and Dan's got caught in it?

bavman

30 Jan 2013, 17:59

Thats poop dude. Sorry to hear that, but reaper posted on your ban thread saying its only temp

dirge

30 Jan 2013, 18:28

That "threadcrapping" rule in the classifieds is nothing more than assisting the greed. If you can't comment on a price you can't guard new members from being ripped off.

Whats worse?

imav needs to sort it out, we've had one mod run away with group buy money for christ sake.
Last edited by dirge on 30 Jan 2013, 18:36, edited 1 time in total.

fruktstund

30 Jan 2013, 18:33

If those two posts are the only reasons he got banned... GH may be worse off than I thought. I think it's pretty important to be allowed to express one's opinions. Of course you shouldn't push your ideals onto others everywhere, but if it's something like posting an opinion about "threadcrapping" in your own thread... o:

RougeRambo

30 Jan 2013, 18:33

huh just change your IP, use a proxy, or a VPN.

DanGWanG

30 Jan 2013, 18:47

I've been prepping for a meeting since last night and want to properly address my opinions about this whole subject. In short, its complete bs and I'm in no rush to return if its going to be ruled by shitty moderators like reaper, tsangan and mkawa. That is your all star team for bringing an end to GH. I'll be sharing some shady conversations I've had with these moderators in the past and you guys can all judge for yourself.

Return to “Off-topic”