GH-moderation strikes again!

luckynet

01 Jun 2013, 03:08

*command and conquer red alert sound track plays*

rknize

01 Jun 2013, 03:48

Wow, this went from a boilerplate GH bashing thread to anti-U.S. bigotry (classy) and finally to Stalin. Not quite Godwin's law, but you certainly go through the motions.

Ekaros

01 Jun 2013, 10:54

I spam far too little I think...

EDIT: Oh!
Top 50, you guys are slacking.... ;D

So how are we going to connect that other dude into this now that this thread is gone?

webwit
Wild Duck

01 Jun 2013, 11:04

rknize wrote:Wow, this went from a boilerplate GH bashing thread to anti-U.S. bigotry (classy) and finally to Stalin. Not quite Godwin's law, but you certainly go through the motions.
Wow, you enter, intellectual discussion stops, and ad hominem attacks (classy) follow.

Muirium
µ

01 Jun 2013, 11:07

rknize wrote:Wow, this went from a boilerplate GH bashing thread to anti-U.S. bigotry (classy) and finally to Stalin. Not quite Godwin's law, but you certainly go through the motions.
Yeah, sorry about that. We went off on a bit of a tangent; I'll just blame it on Peter, who was having a bad day.

While Stalin is not quite Hitler, I'm not quite anti-US. Note the bit about the Marshall Plan. It's my own nation's boneheadedness and imperial history I like to make absurd instead. We'd still be standing astride the planet like a hundred years ago in an instant, if the rest of you would just bloody well shut up and let us.

Right, time for tea.

webwit
Wild Duck

01 Jun 2013, 11:13

I'm anti-US. It is a fascist country. A country which commits murder from drones. War criminals. Fuck the US, fuck your president, and fuck his voters. Any bombings of weddings lately?

Muirium
µ

01 Jun 2013, 11:18

webwit wrote:I'm anti-US. It is a fascist country. A country which commits murder from drones. War criminals. Fuck the US, fuck your president, and fuck his voters. Any bombings of weddings lately?
Sssshh! That's the sort of thing we discuss once the world government is in place and we can crush all resistance once and for all.

webwit
Wild Duck

01 Jun 2013, 11:24

Of course I'm also anti-EUSSR and anti the pathetic current Dutch government. Yet the US is the worst, they actively go out there and murder scores of people.

Muirium
µ

01 Jun 2013, 11:51

I blame it all on the Ottomans, myself. If they hadn't picked the wrong side a few times too many and wound up destroyed in the Great War, we'd never have had all this trouble with Palestine. The Turks would have it all under a cosy lid for us.

webwit
Wild Duck

01 Jun 2013, 11:55

Last but not least I'm anti persons who think it's all a joke. :twisted:

Muirium
µ

01 Jun 2013, 12:00

Curses!

rknize

01 Jun 2013, 18:32

Now we're back on track. Thanks webwit, you're the best!

7bit

01 Jun 2013, 18:57

Yesterday Peter, today webwit. It seems to be a virus around.
:o

I read somewhere it origins from Saudi Arabia ...
:shock:

Muirium
µ

01 Jun 2013, 18:59

7bit is infected! Quarantine the area!

dirge

01 Jun 2013, 20:56

webwit can you add "like" options to the posts? :)

jabar

02 Jun 2013, 18:24

open comments on sales threads are to the benefit of buyers not sellers. GH has a very anti-buyers mentality with the allowance and acceptance of things like PM offers and hidden auction bidding.

Also having vendors making personal sales threads with items tied to their stores is a huge no-no in my mind.

Muirium
µ

02 Jun 2013, 18:35

I agree with you, Jabar, but I don't see anything wrong in a thread like this:

http://deskthority.net/marketplace-f11/ ... t4718.html

Ducky Nordic doesn't play the thread "ownership" game. Having a place to hear about upcoming Ducky stuff is just fine by me. And, oddly enough, it's dozens of pages long and I've never noticed anyone shooting their mouth off or "crapping".

Vendors aren't the problem. Suppressing people is.

jabar

02 Jun 2013, 18:35

also note that I asked a question which was really a subtle hint that the price is fucking ridiculous for a MOQ of 4000.
Last edited by jabar on 02 Jun 2013, 18:40, edited 1 time in total.

jabar

02 Jun 2013, 18:39

Muirium wrote:Vendors aren't the problem. Suppressing people is.
There are a few vendors who abuse the divide between Classifieds and Vendor forums (and even fake Group Buys when all the materials are already in production prior to collection) to subtly promote their own products. That and because they have an established reputation and lots of face time with the community no one questions their approaches and sometimes outrageous pricing.

But you're right, it is member suppression that hurts the cohesiveness of the community. And then there are a number of members who defend such suppression because they are either deluded or benefit from misinformation in sales.

BimboBB

02 Jun 2013, 22:44

guilleguillaume wrote:
7bit wrote:
BimboBB wrote:@guilleguillaume

I think ISO dyesubs are more frequent than ANSI dyesubs and same time you have more potential interest for the ANSI keys than for the ISO keys. So different price tags are little bit reasonable to me.
Shhhht!
:shock:

You are threadcrapping!
:mad:

You must not tell details which spoil guilleguillaume's argumentation!
:evilgeek:
I think I don't understand a thing of what's going on :|

The sets being sold for 210USD are ISO DE Dye Sub which appear nearly every month in Ebay.de for the prices I said.
Oh, really!? :shock:

In that case pls ignore my comment. :oops:

rknize

03 Jun 2013, 00:45

Since the topic of classifieds forum policies at GeekHack has been brought up in this thread a couple of times now by a few different people, I thought I'd mention that this has been discussed on the forum and a thread was started asking for community feedback. It sort of petered-out a few months ago, but samwisekoi summarized the feedback so far in the OP:

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=39772.0

If anyone here is truly interested in providing feedback, feel free to post there where it will be read by the staff and the rest of the community. The official rules posted in the classifieds sticky are pretty stale and need to be updated.

If your intent is just to vent/complain, then carry on. 8-)
Last edited by rknize on 03 Jun 2013, 06:02, edited 2 times in total.

guilleguillaume

03 Jun 2013, 04:37

I already stated my opinion many times about Geekhack classifieds and they still remain the same.

The main fact is that it is allowed to mute anyone that says something related to the user price. If you're selling something for a price it isn't worth it, I'm going to warn everyone who enter the thread just because it is not fair to try to hide the information from the buyers so the seller can make real profit from the sale.

This is how it happens in Deskthority and it works better than Geekhack in that aspect.

rknize

03 Jun 2013, 06:07

If you are interested in weighing in, would you mind posting as much in that thread?

Input Nirvana

03 Jun 2013, 06:57

Our motto in the U.S. is "kill poor brown people wherever they are by any means possible". I only know this because it's what the government has done around the world my entire life. I don't know any other way. It also explains why when I travel internationally people can't help but tell me how shitty the U.S. is, and why don't I do something about it because I don't seem like a war monger.

hoggy

03 Jun 2013, 08:07

Right, time for tea.
Now you're talking!

guilleguillaume

03 Jun 2013, 16:55

rknize wrote:If you are interested in weighing in, would you mind posting as much in that thread?
Done.

I have a lot of things to say but is not as easy for me to explain everything I want in English and because of that sometimes I miss some points.

rknize

03 Jun 2013, 17:06

I think you captured what you were saying above.

t!ng
Awake Sheep

14 Jun 2013, 12:15

webwit wrote:I'm anti-US. It is a fascist country. A country which commits murder from drones. War criminals. Fuck the US, fuck your president, and fuck his voters. Any bombings of weddings lately?
webwit wrote:Of course I'm also anti-EUSSR and anti the pathetic current Dutch government. Yet the US is the worst, they actively go out there and murder scores of people.
Full Ack.. I like awake people like you.

dorkvader

22 Jun 2013, 23:37

I am sure the geekhack moderation team will happily address any criticism or questions about their work. I invite anyone to PM an online moderator on geekhack, and I'm sure some agreement can be reached.

The Demongolator
Contra Bonos Mores

23 Jun 2013, 00:10

dorkvader wrote:I invite anyone to PM an online moderator on geekhack, and I'm sure some agreement can be reached.
The Demongolator would gladly suck their souls alive for breakfast, and looks forward to the agreement we will reach about his wish and desire. There can be only ONE moderator!

Return to “Off-topic”