The Ultimate Flame Topic

off

10 Apr 2012, 02:39

and that's his first post :mrgreen:
Welcome to geekhackdeskthority!
though seriously, 'borsthoning'!@?

why you gotta misrepresent our cheese.. the only way I've ever seen that commercial is with those in front of her boobs (and her legs in between,awrite)- ofcourse can't seem to find it now :/
best i could find:

ripster

11 Apr 2012, 03:05

Beemster Girl!

Nice Wheels!

This seems off topic for a Flame Thread. Where did Harrington the Level90 Trollhunter go?
Last edited by ripster on 11 Apr 2012, 08:02, edited 1 time in total.

ripster

11 Apr 2012, 07:59

I'll start on this fucking moron then.
silat wrote:LOL now you are being funny. By funny I mean I am finally laughing at you.
You break your toys then run away from gh because gh will not bow down to you. Then you announce that you are going to OCN and on your way out the door leave a nasty note on the wiki.
And you run to OCN?
You trashed OCN regularly when at gh.
Yea, that makes perfect sense.
Then you have the utter gall to say that you have a rule and it is "#1 be polite to the SubForum Mod", all the while trashing the mods/members at gh for no reason. When I say trashing that is the kindest word I can come up with as to your childish behavior.
Oh yeah the reason you behave this way is because you are a spoiled rotten child that screams and cries when they do not get their way.
You trashed your reputation at gh by calling mods and other members of the forums names and doing your best (not good enough by the way) to inflict harm on gh.
Then you whined and screamed like petulant child when no one would bow down to you. (repeated for effect)
Yep you are pretty laughable right now.
What was your point you moron.

Input Nirvana

11 Apr 2012, 08:47

L.O.L.

silat

11 Apr 2012, 09:49

ripster wrote:I'll start on this fucking moron then.
silat wrote:LOL now you are being funny. By funny I mean I am finally laughing at you.
You break your toys then run away from gh because gh will not bow down to you. Then you announce that you are going to OCN and on your way out the door leave a nasty note on the wiki.
And you run to OCN?
Then you have the utter gall to say that you have a rule and it is "#1 be polite to the SubForum Mod", all the while trashing the mods/members at gh for no reason. When I say trashing that is the kindest word I can come up with as to your childish behavior.
Oh yeah the reason you behave this way is because you are a spoiled rotten child that screams and cries when they do not get their way.
You trashed your reputation at gh by calling mods and other members of the forums names and doing your best (not good enough by the way) to inflict harm on gh.
Then you whined and screamed like petulant child when no one would bow down to you. (repeated for effect)
The great and powerful ripster cant comprehend my post? You are a spoiled little bitch and when you couldnt misbehave as you wanted then you quit like a coward does by abusing the forums. Is that clear enough? Do you have kids? I am sure they can explain it to you if it is to complicated for you.

silat

11 Apr 2012, 09:55

ripster wrote:Because I've spent ALL DAY tormenting 18 year old moderators masturbating to their new duties!

If it was just me I'd have to torment myself.

masturbating and kicking ripster is easy. I am just that talented.
He is like a 12 yr old child that swears and attacks people by calling them names. Then when he gets called out he starts speaking gibberish and crying about the persecution. Next phase is his list of demands. LOL now that is funny.
I suspect he will put on an act here for a bit.

off

11 Apr 2012, 11:03

breaking news the ultimate flame topic is coming back trying to live up to it's name

ripster

11 Apr 2012, 15:54

What act? My posts here look the same as on OCN and GH.

For good or bad.

You as well you hating Wannabee 15 year old Geekhack Moderator offended when I say Penis.

off

11 Apr 2012, 15:57

you're losing your touch sweety

ripster

11 Apr 2012, 16:09

Even the Germans thought "I Ausfahrt In Your General Direction" was funny.

Now LOOK at the level of Keyboard Knowledge in this Stalker's posts:

http://deskthority.net/search.php?autho ... 7&sr=posts

LOL - I have the uberRare Deck key set Silat is looking for.

Silat - you can't have it.

Input Nirvana

11 Apr 2012, 16:15

ripster wrote:.....LOL - I have the uberRare Deck key set Silat is looking for.

Silat - you can't have it.
Now THAT is mean.

ripster

11 Apr 2012, 16:20

I thought calling him a pimply Geekhack Nazi Moderator was mean.

NOW this thread is on track.

I'm feeling better already!

off

16 Apr 2012, 13:16

EDIT: The Demongolator has received

For all you with either rusty memory, crappy google-fu, or buckets of lazyness: behold. The Light.

gimpster

16 Apr 2012, 17:10

off wrote:For all you with either rusty memory, crappy google-fu, or buckets of lazyness: behold. The Light.
Interesting. Now I'm either in the early stages of Alzheimer's, suck at the Internet, or I'm just a lazy bastard because I didn't read every thread in every user's sub-forum before reading this one. No need for the long list of insults, I simply said I hadn't heard of it before...I especially like the Google-fu dig from the guy who can't figure out Moogle kits, which are now in their THIRD round... ;) No hard feelings bro, just take it easy on the insults, especially when referencing a thread from an obscure sub-forum that most people, especially here, probably don't read. 8-)

off

16 Apr 2012, 18:23

real cute. I declined to respond to your last message in the moogle thread because you hadn't bothered reading what you replied to, or some other malfunction; seriously, reread that and the context before, what you advised dirge, then grasp why I've said what I've said there, and why I have kept asking questions.

And obscure forum? It's this forums mother and grandfather.
Also, it's been mentioned in this thread 5 times, perhaps a search would enlighten. "the Light" is not term used often on GH out of context I presume.

Lastly, calling people lazy is not an insult in this day and age. Rusty neither. I am both.
And google sucks balls these days, so no insult in not being friends with him anymore.

gimpster

16 Apr 2012, 18:49

off wrote:real cute. I declined to respond to your last message in the moogle thread because you hadn't bothered reading what you replied to, or some other malfunction; seriously, reread that and the context before, what you advised dirge, then grasp why I've said what I've said there, and why I have kept asking questions.

Also, it's been mentioned in this thread 5 times, perhaps a search would enlighten. "the Light" is not term used often on GH out of context I presume.

Lastly, calling people lazy is not an insult in this day and age. Rusty neither. I am both.
And google sucks balls these days, so no insult in not being friends with him anymore.
Dude...ease up. I said "no hard feelings" before but now you're pushing it. I never asked you or anybody else to tell me what it was, so your reply to me was unwarranted, as were your comments. I only made a comment that I hadn't heard of it before. Jeez, did somebody drop a deuce in your Wheaties this morning or what? Take a break from the internet and chill out...

As to your "rebuttal"...geekhack is not obscure, I never said that it was...I said that TheProfosist's sub-forum is obscure, and it is. Also, maybe you need yourself a dictionary, there's a free one here: http://dictionary.com, but calling someone lazy, rusty, or incapable of helping themselves is definitely an insult. And I'm none of them. I simply didn't care to find out more about it at this time, which is why I never asked you or anyone else to give me more information. You volunteered that on your own, along with your insults. So, if we're done here, maybe we can get back to Phantom talk.

off

16 Apr 2012, 18:56

gimpster wrote:Dude...ease up. I said "no hard feelings" before but now you're pushing it. I never asked you or anybody else to tell me what it was, so your reply to me was unwarranted, as were your comments. I only made a comment that I hadn't heard of it before. Jeez, did somebody drop a deuce in your Wheaties this morning or what? Take a break from the internet and chill out...

As to your "rebuttal"...geekhack is not obscure, I never said that it was...I said that TheProfosist's sub-forum is obscure, and it is. Also, maybe you need yourself a dictionary, there's a free one here: http://dictionary.com, but calling someone lazy, rusty, or incapable of helping themselves is definitely an insult. And I'm none of them. I simply didn't care to find out more about it at this time, which is why I never asked you or anyone else to give me more information. You volunteered that on your own, along with your insults. So, if we're done here, maybe we can get back to Phantom talk.
Should we take this outside? Personally, I'd rather you'd just read. Espescially over at moogley.
I did not respond to you, only after you attacked me I did.
And yes, this morning, and yesterday, there was you that I tried to respond to in a way that you could not misunderstand; failing everytime. That does take it's toll.

TLDR; we don't get along it appears. /OT

ripster

16 Apr 2012, 19:00

Plus the linkee no workee anyhoo.

gimpster

16 Apr 2012, 19:19

off wrote:Should we take this outside? Personally, I'd rather you'd just read. Espescially over at moogley.
I did not respond to you, only after you attacked me I did.
And yes, this morning, and yesterday, there was you that I tried to respond to in a way that you could not misunderstand; failing everytime. That does take it's toll.

TLDR; we don't get along it appears. /OT
Well, let's see, your reply was directly after mine, you didn't quote any other reply, and none of the other replies between dirge's mention of "the light" and my comment about "the light" even mentioned "the light". So I don't know who else you could have been replying to, other than the voices in your head. Either way, no need to take this outside, I'm done with you. You've made my "dead to me" list. I tried to be helpful to you, I tried to bury the hatchet, not once, but twice, but you are impossible, and you don't know how to let things go.

off

16 Apr 2012, 20:16

The feeling is mutual.

As a parting gift, a protip: asking for the fighting to stop while throwing punches has not worked. Ever.

litster

16 Apr 2012, 20:45

gimpster wrote:I haven't heard of "the light" but I would love to see us take a stab at our own 60% or 75% board.
off wrote:For all you with either rusty memory, crappy google-fu, or buckets of lazyness: behold. The Light.
Off, you are off. Your reply to gimpster was not polite, no matter how you read it. And I read the moogle kit thread. gimpster tried hard to provide links to pictures and and long explanations to your questions. If people trying to help you by answering your questions, you don't tell them to re-read your question if you don't understand their answers and go on questioning their implications in their answers. If there is *any* implication, it is in your reply to gimpster's, implying he has no memory, suck at internet search, and that he is lazy.

Frankly, I was annoyed by your comments questioning how you "don't see how it could hold a cable VERY well at all.." And when I posted the picture, you suggested the picture was taken while "it's lying on the floor instead of hanging from your hand?" Noticed I didn't have any text in my video post? I did, But I deleted it. I could have written: "For all you with either inability to understand physics, crappy shrinkwrap-fu, or just being a plain unbeliever: behold. Yank this!"

ripster

16 Apr 2012, 21:04

This forum needs a "Thread Starter" flag so I know who to be most polite to.

off

17 Apr 2012, 03:54

First off, I'm saddened to have incurred the disapproval of one of those big contributors to the enthusiast keyboard world.
In his own bloody awesome project thread even.

This will be another wall of text, please bear with me.

All my posts (including the one quoted below, those questioning the method used in the cable relief and those in your acrylic cases thread, which I fear might not have landed the way I meant for them to either) were made by a person who's lurked geekhack long enough to have keyboards, criticism, comradery and friendly jabs almost synonymous. That does colour the way I read most posts, and the way I feel my posts will be read. Falsely so, perhaps. Especially considering this is DT, not GH.
litster wrote:Frankly, I was annoyed by your comments questioning how you "don't see how it could hold a cable VERY well at all.." And when I posted the picture, you suggested the picture was taken while "it's lying on the floor instead of hanging from your hand?" Noticed I didn't have any text in my video post? I did, But I deleted it. I could have written: "For all you with either inability to understand physics, crappy shrinkwrap-fu, or just being a plain unbeliever: behold. Yank this!"
Now I wasn't trying to rain on your parade, and was grinning ear to ear while watching that vid; where I was coming from was that my experiences with heatshrink don't allow for it to hold on very tight to any cable at all, let alone loose cablesleaving like that, and just the addition of an O-ring would in my world not easily make that different, hence my concern.
If I were not genuinely interested I would not have bothered replying (nor even reading perhaps); I was definitely critical, but there was no harm nor negativity intended.
Also, had you written that which you just offered, I would not have felt offended or belittled, I'd still felt 'awesome' regarding seeing it actually working.
litster wrote:
Off, you are off. Your reply to gimpster was not polite, no matter how you read it.
Seeing how at least both of you felt I replied directly to gimpster, I probably have to take a different approach to posting here in general.
My post was meant for all those that wanted to know, and were willing to fit under those categories. It was not a reply to gimpster, it was a response to the various posts between mine and dirge's; and aimed at anyone interested, including people who hadn't even posted, and anyone of the posters between my post and dirge's that were unclear on matters.
That triple jab was posted as something that in my world could not be taken seriously, aka, a friendly jab.
Polite it was not, I'll not argue that.

Here:
litster wrote:
off wrote:
gimpster wrote:Interesting. Now I'm either in the early stages of Alzheimer's, suck at the Internet, or I'm just a lazy bastard because I didn't read every thread in every user's sub-forum before reading this one. No need for the long list of insults, I simply said I hadn't heard of it before...I especially like the Google-fu dig from the guy who can't figure out Moogle kits, which are now in their THIRD round... ;) No hard feelings bro, just take it easy on the insults, especially when referencing a thread from an obscure sub-forum that most people, especially here, probably don't read. 8-)
real cute. I declined to respond to your last message in the moogle thread because you hadn't bothered reading what you replied to, or some other malfunction; seriously, reread that and the context before, what you advised dirge, then grasp why I've said what I've said there, and why I have kept asking questions.
Off, you are off. Your reply to gimpster was not polite, no matter how you read it.
I fixed that to what I can now agree on. I replied ticked-off by his dig at my questions regarding what he meant, misrepresenting those to mean that I wondered what a moogle kit was. That I should have let slide and responded to his answers politely in that thread.
litster wrote:And I read the moogle kit thread. gimpster tried hard to provide links to pictures and long explanations to your questions.
And for that I am grateful. Perhaps a sense of entitlement (to the truth/answered questions) got me to forget the effort he put in, despite the confusion the answers sow. That I apologise for.
litster wrote:If people trying to help you by answering your questions, you don't tell them to re-read your question if you don't understand their answers and go on questioning their implications in their answers. If there is *any* implication, it is in your reply to gimpster's,
'His implications' vs 'things implied by what he said'..
I'm not questioning motives, I'm questioning consequences and meaning; which, with every question and answer, is a good, perhaps mandatory thing. Imho. Especially in public discourse.
To make sure the communication has happened correctly, and will happen correctly to everyone who will be reading.

The way I told him to recheck his interpretation was not quite friendly indeed, so the chances of that working were slim; the motivation behind that might have been more frustratrion and anger than caring for the answer anymore.
litster wrote:implying he has no memory, suck at internet search, and that he is lazy.
That, was not an attack, it was a jab. Honestly meant in a friendly joking fashion.:
A bit like anyone that reads the post and is interested, will have to take the jab to be allowed access to the link. Sorta. Indeed the implication is there, for those that take it. I purposely did not reply to him for it was not a reply to him, it was a reply in the thread, to the 6 or so posters that might've been confused/curious, and to the untold numbers of lurkers that could be.

Now I can see that his remark that ticked me off was probably in the same vein, that by including 'no hard feelings' did exactly the opposite; the part that said "you really don't get it" was the part that made me go "are you kidding, it's you that's really not getting it". A bit childish, I'll admit.

TLDR; truth is relative. joke starts war. don't mix conversations through topics. bring your own salt/sambal. sorry&thanks gimp.

Signing off

gimpster

17 Apr 2012, 05:31

off wrote:TLDR; truth is relative. joke starts war. don't mix conversations through topics. bring your own salt/sambal. sorry&thanks gimp.
I appreciate the apology. I don't feel that grudges help small communities like this, so let's just call it a "breakdown in translation" and carry on. I know how the Internet muddles intended meanings, which is why I try to give people the benefit of the doubt. So, in the interest of trans-Atlantic peace-making, I officially promote you off my "Dead to Me" list and back to my "On Notice" list. :mrgreen:
Last edited by gimpster on 17 Apr 2012, 05:34, edited 1 time in total.

The Demongolator
Contra Bonos Mores

17 Apr 2012, 05:34

Is that all you both got? :evil: I wouldn't take that if I were you. :twisted:

off

17 Apr 2012, 06:39

The Demongolator wrote:Is that all you both got? :evil: I wouldn't take that if I were you. :twisted:
And welcome to the party, it's already over; as you've noticed during cleanup. :evilgeek:

off

17 Apr 2012, 06:43

gimpster wrote:
off wrote:TLDR; truth is relative. joke starts war. don't mix conversations through topics. bring your own salt/sambal. sorry&thanks gimp.
I appreciate the apology. I don't feel that grudges help small communities like this, so let's just call it a "breakdown in translation" and carry on. I know how the Internet muddles intended meanings, which is why I try to give people the benefit of the doubt. So, in the interest of trans-Atlantic peace-making, I officially promote you off my "Dead to Me" list and back to my "On Notice" list. :mrgreen:
Ya, I'd already unfoe'd you somewhere this night; mostly for ease of use though, had to be able to quickly read back all posts in context without having to click the bloody pop open buttons (and thereby closing the others automatically).

On second thought, did you really just skip to the TLDR part after I'd spent probably like an hour typing that up?!
LETS TAKE THIS OUTSIDE

litster

17 Apr 2012, 07:24

Glad to see you guys kissed and made up. :-)

Group hug!

ripster

17 Apr 2012, 08:05

TIL what demongolate means!

silat

17 Apr 2012, 10:29

ripster wrote:I'll start on this fucking moron then.
And you run to OCN?
Sorry for the late reply..
My point?
Now you are going to play like you are a stupid idiot?
How typical.

Return to “Off-topic”