The Ultimate Flame Topic

webwit
Wild Duck

14 May 2011, 01:42

Tobacco haters don't really have a free will, because they were conditioned to hate. Unless of course you share a similar hatred for people who burn gasoline. I wonder what smells worse, the exhaust gases of your car or those from a smouldering small amount of dried leaves. Can't drive a car and hate smokers without being a hypocrite. Those people you drive past can't run away. Small dust kills. All in all, one wouldn't want to be in whatever exhaust or smoke from other people, but there is such a thing as hysteria, and that part is conditioned my friend. Are you coughing and killing with looks whenever a car passes by? Now if you do, but don't hate smokers (similarly weird), at least you would have an unique personality.

keyboardlover

14 May 2011, 02:11

You know how I celebrate Earth day?

By flying my private jet back and forth across the Atlantic ocean.

webwit
Wild Duck

14 May 2011, 02:18

Private jets are good, you can smoke in there.

intealls

14 May 2011, 07:08

Findecanor wrote:I hate tobacco smokers.

I know, I know. They are drug addicts, so they don't really have the free will to be able to decide to NOT be the stupid assholes they are.
I still think that they should be rounded up, transported to camps and placed inside air-sealed chambers where they will be subjected to the noxious fumes that they can't run away from or pass downwind to others. Then die and rot there, fuckers!
Just so you know, half the fun of smoking is to piss people like you off.

7bit

14 May 2011, 10:57

Findecanor wrote:I hate tobacco smokers.
What do you suggest to smoking instead of tobacco?
smokinduck.png
smokinduck.png (16.77 KiB) Viewed 5173 times
webwit wrote:...
I wonder what smells worse, the exhaust gases of your car or those from a smouldering small amount of dried leaves. ...
You can't compare that! Sure, stinky Diesels should be prohibited, along with all cars with small engines, so the faster and bigger cars have clearer roads!

This would also be better for our nature!

7bit

14 May 2011, 11:57

Advertisement
ducky_strike_ad001a.jpg
ducky_strike_ad001a.jpg (180.71 KiB) Viewed 5170 times

Brian8bit

14 May 2011, 12:19

Ever seen ducks mate? Mate is too nice a word. It's more akin to noisy brutal rape with a dose of waterboarding for good measure...

ripster

14 May 2011, 15:56

webwit wrote:At least we don't have manipulated wiki. Cherry picking results, tsssk, tsk. That's like lying to the whole keyboard community. I hope this is the last we heard of the fakeometer.
My rant today is people who don't read my Wikis. Or at least the numbers that show that the RipOmeter is the UNIVERSAL unit of measurement for keyboard stiffness and is accurate +/-3g. Authored by what is acknowledged to be the most Knowledgeable Keyboard Expert On The Planet.

Reproduced with permission from the Author.
[H="3"] Mechanical Switches[/H]
[H="4"] ALPS[/H]

[H="5"] Complicated Clicky[/H]
Focus 2001 Blue Clicky Complicated (soldered in donor switches from Daniel Beaver) - 65g
Focus 2001 White Clicky Complicated - 65g

[H="5"] Complicated NonClicky[/H]
Dell AT101W - 65g - Source.
Dell AT101W - 65g - Source.

[H="5"] Simplified Clicky[/H]
Filco Zero - Simplified Type 1 (Fukka) - 65g

[H="5"] Simplified NonClicky[/H]
ABS M1 - Simplified Type 1 (Fukka) - 65g - Source.
ABS M1 - Simplified Type 1 (Fukka) - 70g - Source.

[H="5"] Simplified NonClicky[/H]
Apple M0110 - ALPS Old Skool Linears - 75g

BTW I updated my code with some Geekhack friends.

RipOmeter

RipOmeter

RipOmeter

Code: Select all

;Win+F6 to send RipOmeter url
#F6::
 Clipboard = [url=http://geekhack.org/showwiki.php?title=Island:6189]RipOmeter[/URL]
 Send ^v
return
I'm no programmer so the theory is debatable but like the RipOmeter and Gravity it just works.

webwit
Wild Duck

14 May 2011, 16:05

Yada yada yada, it's accurate +-15g as proven by my logic with you failed to disprove, and as proven by random people testing the Logitechs, of which you didn't publish results which were not convenient for you. Even if your method became 100% accurate by miracle, you still have a 5g inaccuracy. This means that if you claim 3g, you don't even know what you are talking about. We can render anything you say as useless, because you lack a basic understanding of math and physics.
Weren't you a marketing guy? That would figure. So far that's all there is. You're just yelling things.

ripster

14 May 2011, 16:08

I knew you'd say that.

So now I get to paraphrase the post that started it all.

You Asshole, webwit. I know you. You arrogant dog.
You act as a nice expert and keyboard lover in here.
You Asshole.webwit. You are one worthless dirty sperm.

keyboardlover

14 May 2011, 16:12

Even Hamblet knows that there is only one TRUE keyboardlover.

webwit
Wild Duck

14 May 2011, 16:14

Meh. If you have a switch which activates at 50.1g, that's 11 coins which equals 55g - if your method would be perfect otherwise. Where's your 3g now?

What you are trying to do is pick a switch which actuates at 48g, and then say 10 coins are pretty accurate, while not mentioning the measurements which were even further off. Cherry picking is not proof of logic. You are just creating a false sense of accuracy. The worst part is, you don't even know how right or wrong you are, unless someone else measures it with a working method.

Findecanor

14 May 2011, 16:55

intealls wrote:Just so you know, half the fun of smoking is to piss people like you off.
The thing I hate the most about smokers is their attitude. As if it is their god-given right to smoke just about everywhere, and especially in non-smoking zones. Smokers are no different from any other drug junkies when it comes to their relation to their drug. Nicotine doesn't cause as much instant brain damage as cocaine and heroin does -- other than that it is just the same.

If you politely inform a smoker that "Hello there. This hospital entrance is a non-smoking area, dude" .. what are the chances that the smoker will comply right away and put it out or walk away? Practically none.
"Yeah, yeah, whatever, I am just going to finish this cigarette" is the best that you could get.
More often you get "I will put it out if anyone is bothered" ... THEN WHY THE FUCK DO YOU THINK THAT I AM TELLING YOU OFF FOR!? SMOKING HERE IS A FUCKING OFFENCE. YOU ARE BREAKING THE RULES AND ARE FUCKING OBLIGED TO FUCKING STOP RIGHT NOW NO MATTER IF ANYONE TELLS YOU THAT HE IS BOTHERED OR NOT.

*deep breath*
ripster wrote:Or at least the numbers that show that the RipOmeter is the UNIVERSAL unit of measurement for keyboard stiffness and is accurate +/-3g.
I don't think that it is that reliable for any but linear switches. When you are dropping another coin onto the stack then the coin's fall and impact will add more force than the force of gravity on the coins if they were stationary, and that minute extra force could bring the stack past the tactile bump.

webwit
Wild Duck

14 May 2011, 17:05

So I guess either all smokers are assholes, or you are wrong.
I don't think that it is that reliable for any but linear switches. When you are dropping another coin onto the stack then the coin's fall and impact will add more force than the force of gravity on the coins if they were stationary, and that minute extra force could bring the stack past the tactile bump.
Great point! Don't expect an answer ;)

ripster

14 May 2011, 17:52

It's all in the wiki. See the "Objections" section.

RipOmeter

RipOmeter

RipOmeter

I welcome any and all input but try and change it up a bit or you sound a bit like a broken record.
Last edited by ripster on 15 May 2011, 05:46, edited 1 time in total.

webwit
Wild Duck

14 May 2011, 20:17

See? He won't answer. Further establishing my criticism all his knowledge is suspect.

I noticed the effect myself. When placing the final gram before activation, no matter how carefully, if I then remove it and replace it by two 0.5g weights, often it will not activate. The cure is to start with bigger weights and at the end add very small weights.

ripster

14 May 2011, 21:41

The cure is introducing randomness.

Dither.

Anyway, Imma gonna introduce the RipOmeter to forums around the world in a bit.

BUT FIRST - here is the RipOruster!

Trying to get down to the bottom of this Hanzo Stainless Steel spring thing since Sixty won't give you a Vintage Black Cherry.
Tom Cruise is a troll.

I'm Kevin Bacon. Just Everywhere!

webwit
Wild Duck

14 May 2011, 22:20

ripster wrote:Dither.
How? Tell us how it fixes 11 coins for 50.1g to 10 coins.

intealls

15 May 2011, 03:18

Findecanor wrote:
intealls wrote:Just so you know, half the fun of smoking is to piss people like you off.
The thing I hate the most about smokers is their attitude. As if it is their god-given right to smoke just about everywhere, and especially in non-smoking zones. Smokers are no different from any other drug junkies when it comes to their relation to their drug. Nicotine doesn't cause as much instant brain damage as cocaine and heroin does -- other than that it is just the same.

If you politely inform a smoker that "Hello there. This hospital entrance is a non-smoking area, dude" .. what are the chances that the smoker will comply right away and put it out or walk away? Practically none.
"Yeah, yeah, whatever, I am just going to finish this cigarette" is the best that you could get.
More often you get "I will put it out if anyone is bothered" ... THEN WHY THE FUCK DO YOU THINK THAT I AM TELLING YOU OFF FOR!? SMOKING HERE IS A FUCKING OFFENCE. YOU ARE BREAKING THE RULES AND ARE FUCKING OBLIGED TO FUCKING STOP RIGHT NOW NO MATTER IF ANYONE TELLS YOU THAT HE IS BOTHERED OR NOT.
You people just get off on imposing your will on others. You see, if you're shouty and obnoxious and somewhat passive-aggressive, there's just no way people will comply. I strongly doubt that you or anyone of your kind ever have been as polite and cool about telling another person to stop smoking in a non-smoking area as you imply you do. You're always high and mighty, trying to make it look like you're doing the world a favor by saving it from the horrors of tobacco, but that's not really your intent. You just like feeling your genitals vibrate, a tiny bit, by getting another person to do what you want. And that's just disgusting.

webwit
Wild Duck

15 May 2011, 03:36

I bet if these people could drive on the left lane at exactly the speed limit, while simultaneously pointing out someone at a no-smoking hospital entrance this doesn't comply with the rules, they would just explode.

webwit
Wild Duck

15 May 2011, 04:25

I only need to beat two other topics now in Offtopic, in terms of views.
deskthority.net vs geekhack.org and I require to accept such a cat.

daedalus
Buckler Of Springs

15 May 2011, 12:46

7bit wrote:PS:Everybody knows that Debian GNU/Linux rulez teh world!
I hear the next version of Debian, to be released in 2020, will finally be distributed on punched cards for use in the IBM System/360.

False_Dmitry_II

15 May 2011, 23:14

Oh my god.

The ONLY point of measuring these keyboards at all is to give people who don't have any (or just one) an IDEA OF WHAT THEY FEEL LIKE.

In the ripometer thread, it is said right in there that measuring rubber domes is going to not work quite right because it requires them to completely bottom out to work. That if you want to measure that, you need to have it plugged into a computer so you can see when the switch fires. Considering we're users of mechanical boards, that makes that fact entirely and completely irrelevant. So stop measuring and comparing logitech rubber domes that belong in the trash. That makes the only measures that we are comparing mechanical switches like blue cherries. Guess what? His says 50 g yours says 48 g. That is so close as to be negligible. That makes both results exactly the same. If I've used blue cherries (and I have) I can then look at EITHER SET of results and be able to see that I should expect cherry browns to take a bit less force to actuate. That along with people having said that there is less of a bump with those I can figure exactly what they feel like. This is the only purpose of these numbers.

webwit
Wild Duck

15 May 2011, 23:22

Another who cherry picks a result. According to similar brilliant logic, if you have a tape measure with units of 1m, it can be declared an accurate way of measurement because you can measure something of 5m length accurately. You are a genius.

ripster

15 May 2011, 23:25

Actually I found the rubber dome measurements the MOST interesting.

Haven't you ever wondered why there isn't a light rubber dome or scissor switch?

Plus this one still cracks me up.

TG BL82 with blood splash guard

ripster

15 May 2011, 23:26

webwit wrote:Another who cherry picks a result. According to similar brilliant logic, if you have a tape measure with units of 1m, it can be declared an accurate way of measurement because you can measure something of 5m length accurately. You are a genius.
Thank you.

Feel free to use my free improved AHK code:

Code: Select all

;Win+F8 to send Ripster Compliment
#F8::
 Clipboard = [QUOTE=mondalaci;339855]the number one mechanical keyboard expert on Planet Earth.[/QUOTE]
 Send ^v
return

webwit
Wild Duck

15 May 2011, 23:34

When will you complete the "wiki" (it reads like propaganda) with the results from OCN and such you "forgot" first round?
At least it lists the Cherry Blue as 50-55g, which is incorrect.

webwit
Wild Duck

16 May 2011, 01:03

I think there is only one way to settle this ripoffmeter feud.

We'll let the Keyboard Oracle decide who got it right.

ripster

16 May 2011, 01:27

We seem to be going off topic so I started a new thread.

This thread needs more boobies for maximum viewership.

webwit
Wild Duck

16 May 2011, 01:33

Now you're just fishing for pictures from my keyboard babe collection.

Return to “Off-topic”