The Ultimate Flame Topic

keyboardlover

11 May 2011, 01:37

RiGS

11 May 2011, 01:46

I like the mentality of the mods on this forum more and more.

RiGS

11 May 2011, 01:47

ripster wrote:Have I mentioned the Hungarian dude who calls me the biggest keyboard expert on the Planet. (damn this embedding URL button sucks here - should be Vbulletin 4.0).

Nice honest face. I do not detect irony.
That guy is a linux user.

ripster

11 May 2011, 01:59

Fellow Hung Hungarian. Biggest penises on the planet.

I learned this from Webwit's chart.

BTW the ripometer is accurated within +/-2g with proper dithering. For non-engineers and foreigners like Hung Hungarians think clit arousal.

GAWD this UrL embedding sucks here...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dither

keyboardlover

11 May 2011, 02:05

RiGS wrote:I like the mentality of the mods on this forum more and more.
You should post here more often. It's just like 1940s Hungary. Except less exciting.
Last edited by keyboardlover on 11 May 2011, 02:07, edited 1 time in total.

webwit
Wild Duck

11 May 2011, 02:06

How is actuation point measurement accurated by dithering? You don't even know what dithering is.

keyboardlover

11 May 2011, 02:07

Lol, classic clip!

ripster

11 May 2011, 04:29

itlnstln wrote:
webwit wrote:I'm insulted, not because of my flaming??
Well, I was flaming GH a little, but yeah, it got a little lame around GH after you left.

The past few posts are evidence of this.
Sure are a lot of tools from Italy, Hungary and Canada at Geekhack now. The Xarmor LED thread is a classic.

http://geekhack.org/showthread.php?1782 ... s-The-Dust

webwit
Wild Duck

11 May 2011, 20:37

I made a little video..

7bit

11 May 2011, 20:47

webwit wrote:I made a little video..
Flash videos are lame!

Real film makers shoot at least on 16 or 35mm film!
:ugeek:

ripster

11 May 2011, 21:00

Nice Guy!

YouTube response to comments:
@fourkingl1gend Step up and try you gutless little cunt. Worthless bitches like you are the joke of the fucking internet. Even your stinking slut whore mother says you're a disgusting little pansy bitch. Between swallowing mouthfuls of trucker's cum.
AngryAussie 7 hours ago 55

And how come a Deskthority admin deleted my RipOmeter pic in this thread?

http://deskthority.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=628

itlnstln

11 May 2011, 21:19

ripster wrote:Nice Guy!
Nice teeth.

webwit
Wild Duck

11 May 2011, 21:36

I'm not sure why ripster thinks an admin has removed his pic. For me, this is just a chance to point out it is inaccurate. The blues don't actuate at 50g, the browns don't actuate at 45g, etc. Of course, he doesn't know that because he doesn't have the right equipment. And each such post establishes my prediction he would not have an actual answer to the problems and ignores them instead, which makes all his work suspect.

ripster

11 May 2011, 23:10

Hmm.... maybe I didn't push the send button. I HAVE been known to have self restraint.

I was hoping we'd talk more about Hamblet's post. I don't know many Koreans but they seem prone to conflict.

webwit
Wild Duck

12 May 2011, 03:19

I predict this will become the Offtopic topic with the most views.

Cherry Blues have one thing going for them. I found them to be the most consistent switch when measuring different keys from all the boards I measured. None of them actuated at 50g though.

Code: Select all

ESC/ATTN  J         F5        4         E         B         ARRLEFT   Average
Filco 87MC     48.00     47.45     48.00     47.90     48.05     47.80     47.95     48g
Compare with Cherry Brown:

Filco 87M      44.75     41.40     41.85     45.10     43.00     42.90     41.75     43g

RiGS

12 May 2011, 15:35

Have you measured the Topre as well?

sixty
Gasbag Guru

12 May 2011, 15:40

I should send you some old and new MX to settle this mystery once and for all. I should also send the same switches to ripster just to see how different your guys results will be. Then again, I am too lazy.

ripster

12 May 2011, 16:45

Well THAT was exciting.

48g vs 50g

43g vs 45g

In the war between the WitOmeter and the RipOmeter I'm Sony with BluRay and Webwit is Toshiba with HD DVD.

NEW IMPROVED RIPOMETER MOD POST INCLUDING FINDINGS FROM AROUND THE WEB.

Spread the word.

;Win+F6 to send RipOmeter url
#F6::Send [URL="http://geekhack.org/showwiki.php?title=Island:6189"]NEW IMPROVED RIPOMETER MOD POST INCLUDING FINDINGS FROM AROUND THE WEB[/URL]
Return
Last edited by ripster on 12 May 2011, 18:57, edited 2 times in total.

webwit
Wild Duck

12 May 2011, 17:20

I have measured the Topre as well. It was the hardest to measure and it isn't as consistent as the Cherries, so the ripometer is a total fail here. Expect wild variations when people stack coins on a Topre to measure it, because rubber domes have an extreme narrow force vector in the center where the required force is lower.

I'd like to point out again ripster failed to provide counter arguments to my findings that his method is too inaccurate to be useful. Considering his consistence, and my prediction of his consistence, we can conclude there are no counter arguments possible because my logic is solid, and that he is trying to hide the fail, because his ego can't cope with it. If my logic wasn't solid, a man surely would have attacked any holes in it by now. I only gave him a couple of dozen opportunities. I think his ambition is to have the leading actuation point measurement as championed by idiots and the ill-informed. You really gotta wonder about the wiki he wrote. How much more is in there which is false and wrong, but he is trying to cover up?

ripster

12 May 2011, 19:01

You still don't think Osama is dead.

Amazingly CONSISTENT results.

A test so easy OCN'rs can do it.
Logitech G110 - 65-70g - Source.
Logitech G11 - 60-65g - Source.
Logitech G11 - 65g - Source.
Logitech G15 - 70g - Source.
Logitech G15 - 65g - Source.
Logitech Wave - 60-80g all on the homerow! - Source.
Logitech Wave - 60g - Source.
P.S. WHY oh WHY is the HTML embedding linking here screwed up?
P.P.S. Added "Return" to my AHK script. For a while there I thought Webwit injected a virus into my PC from posting at DeskThorTheMovie.net.

And about that Osama thing....
59973b01bb7eeb382e3b7436699cd86b3b8925eb.png
59973b01bb7eeb382e3b7436699cd86b3b8925eb.png (119.73 KiB) Viewed 6549 times
For more on the RipOmeter see here:

http://geekhack.org/showwiki.php?title=Island:6189

webwit
Wild Duck

12 May 2011, 21:02

I'd like to point out again ripster failed to provide counter arguments to my findings that his method is too inaccurate to be useful.

He hasn't any.

ripster

12 May 2011, 21:56

I thought this was going to be an exciting thread?

Anyhoo in regards to this....
1 coin is insignificant because of the stacking and centering method and thus inaccurate downward force vectors. Depending on the switch type, it can make a big difference (> 1 coin actually) if the vector is totally centered, or not. Simply said, if you slightly move the weights on a Topre switch, less than a mm, you get big differences. But on a IBM Model F, the corner of a key gives the same as the center. You cannot measure this with the ripometer.
The RipOmeter can't be THAT bad or a bunch of people not using a consistent method wouldn't get results all aroungd 65g for the Logitech G series (I assume that is the spec design engineering and manufacturing tests to).

PLUS the USA Nickel>EU Dime.

It's 21.2 mm so if you DON'T center it then the coins hit the adjoining key and won't go down.

Democracy>Monarchy

It's such a perfectly designed tool Einstein couldn't do better.
Einstein's Thoughts On The RipOmeter.png
Einstein's Thoughts On The RipOmeter.png (418.08 KiB) Viewed 6539 times

webwit
Wild Duck

12 May 2011, 22:15

The RipOmeter can't be THAT bad or a bunch of people not using a consistent method wouldn't get results all aroungd 65g for the Logitech G series (I assume that is the spec design engineering and manufacturing tests to).
First of all that is not really an argument or science at all, just something that lures people into a false sense of accuracy. You don't even know what the actual activation force is.

Second, you cherry picked and manipulated results. How strange. You only linked to the results you liked? So, according to OCN, the Logitech G series are between 55g-80g. This is not accurate.

7bit

12 May 2011, 23:01

Test
Test
Test

[url='http://www.test.com']Test[/url]
[url="http://www.test.com"]Test[/url]
[url=http://www.test.com]Test[/url]

ripster

13 May 2011, 01:16

I like the last one best. How come when I push the button it doesn't do that?

7bit

13 May 2011, 09:09

ripster wrote:I like the last one best. How come when I push the button it doesn't do that?
Because this website is still technically behind Geekhack, even though iMav messsed up its design!

webwit
Wild Duck

13 May 2011, 09:52

At least we don't have manipulated wiki. Cherry picking results, tsssk, tsk. That's like lying to the whole keyboard community. I hope this is the last we heard of the fakeometer.

ripster

13 May 2011, 22:15

witometer vs ripometer 2 gms zzzzzz.....

To liven this up a bit can I pick on Runeazn?

from here
runeazn wrote: Image
16"

damm thats long!!!
Meanwhile Princess is running Penis Extender central here at his keyboard form.

http://www.clickykeyboards.tk/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=2

His mom know about this?

Does his mom star in the videos?

His dad this guy?
Post a reply
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Solution Guideline to Sex Toys - Your Buddy in the Bed room!

Postby Chibbophy » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:13 am

Where the fuck is Tajikistan on that map?

webwit
Wild Duck

13 May 2011, 22:34

ripster wrote:witometer vs ripometer 2 gms zzzzzz.....
More Cherry picking. With Logitech +15gms? Forgot to include any more results?

Findecanor

14 May 2011, 01:28

I hate tobacco smokers.

I know, I know. They are drug addicts, so they don't really have the free will to be able to decide to NOT be the stupid assholes they are.
I still think that they should be rounded up, transported to camps and placed inside air-sealed chambers where they will be subjected to the noxious fumes that they can't run away from or pass downwind to others. Then die and rot there, fuckers!

Return to “Off-topic”