Peter missing?

Topre Enthusiast

07 Jan 2014, 04:32

Anyone here close friends with Peter?
I bought a keyboard from him in October last year and it seems he hasn't logged on in quite some time and my keyboard never arrived.
I have left it quite long because stuff generally takes a long time to get here...but I'd think it would have arrived by now. I hope nothing has happened to him.

Muirium
µ

07 Jan 2014, 11:44

Last time he was around, he said he was selling some of his better keyboards to help fund his new business. He's probably fine, just distracted by the joys of making ends meet! No harm in PMing him of course. But starting your own company can be heavily involved.

Topre Enthusiast

07 Jan 2014, 12:07

Ahh - I did not know that, thanks.
I did drop him a PM actually but he's been away since Oct 25th last time I checked and my PM to him is still sitting in my outbox.

Muirium
µ

07 Jan 2014, 13:02

I have a bad habit of reading PMs by email, too, and forgetting to mark them as read on the site. It's not a perfect mechanism.

Although, that said, I'd love to make new post notifications in subscribed threads work the same way: email me the (text) content rather than just a link.

Off to make a feature request…

urbancamo

13 Jan 2014, 22:29

I was negotiating a purchase with him, and everything went quiet in October - his last login was 25 Oct 2013, 03:56.

Hope he's OK, was having a lively conversation, so he didn't appear to be an infrequent visitor.

Regards, Mark.

scottc

13 Jan 2014, 23:02

Someone actually posted a similar thread over here asking the same thing where they seemed to think that it was related to him starting a business. Hope everything's okay.

urbancamo

13 Jan 2014, 23:11

Ah right, must have missed that one. Thanks for the info.

vivalarevolución
formerly prdlm2009

14 Jan 2014, 03:09

Muirium wrote:Last time he was around, he said he was selling some of his better keyboards to help fund his new business. He's probably fine, just distracted by the joys of making ends meet! No harm in PMing him of course. But starting your own company can be heavily involved.
If you cannot complete deals here that people have paid for, that does not bode well for the success of his business. Unless his business is being unreliable and swindling people.

Edit: Now realize I was being a little harsh. Hope that Peter is okay. Always a little troubling when people drop off without warning.
Last edited by vivalarevolución on 17 Jan 2014, 01:20, edited 2 times in total.

The Demongolator
Contra Bonos Mores

15 Jan 2014, 14:49

The Demongolator, though in deep fear about Peter's disappearance, merged the threads with pleasure.

adhoc

04 Jun 2014, 13:42

Did you ever get the board then?

Topre Enthusiast

04 Jun 2014, 14:53

Nope. I gave up hope for this one a long time ago :(

Muirium
µ

04 Jun 2014, 15:04

Aw! Don't any of our Danes know him IRL? I think he was in Copenhagen, like most everyone in Denmark.

Topre Enthusiast

04 Jun 2014, 15:17

I don't really want to chase it up now. Some things you just have to write off, but thankfully my dealings with pretty much everyone else in the keyboard community have been smooth, and that's even considering the Realforce which has been around Europe. I have had Mrinterface's card on my desk at work for a long time and its little phrase catches my eye from time to time: "Always engage at full trust". Pragmatists might think it's a bit too wishful, but I suppose I still have some faith in people...but not enough faith to trust people with under 15 posts.

adhoc

04 Jun 2014, 15:21

Well that sucks, I would not expect that from DT community to be honest. :/

7bit

04 Jun 2014, 15:32

Strange. There might still be the possibility that the package had been lost and Peter is full of work.

Sadly, I could not find an e-mail address from him.

Muirium
µ

04 Jun 2014, 15:35

Peter was a good guy, if definitely a bit cranky, and was quite the salesman of NIB Model Ms back when he was active. I never heard of any deal going wrong, just happy customers. I never bought anything from him myself (no SSKs!) but I would have trusted him enough to.

I fear he's gone missing for real, rather than as just a ploy. I'm wondering if anyone knowsif he's all right.

webwit
Wild Duck

04 Jun 2014, 18:10

The OP is from 7 January, Peter's last visit was 22 January. So I don't think he went missing for real.

adhoc

04 Jun 2014, 20:00

They also agreed to the trade in October...this is just unfair.

Return to “Off-topic”