Favorite (Windows) software?

matt3o
-[°_°]-

10 Nov 2014, 15:32

ماء wrote: there any way to move index of file://C,D,E:/ ?? to flashdrive/ssd
computer management > disk management > right click on the drive > change drive letter and paths

Daniel Beardsmore

10 Nov 2014, 22:24

Could you be more specific about what you're looking for?

fifted

11 Nov 2014, 22:23

Here's a new one I found yesterday:

Antimicro is an open-source program that takes joystick/gamepad input and spits out keyboard/mouse events. I use it to have my XBox controller do things like rapid-fire inbox management (delete, delete, keep, delete...) and photo review. Passive web browsing is also tolerable. It seems to me most advantageous over the keyboard when there are relatively few functions you want to do, so you don't have to overload the few buttons on a gamepad.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

14 Nov 2014, 11:04

this is fun... try to "shake" a software windows (grab from the top bar and more quickly left/right multiple times)...

I didn't know about that. I don't know how useful is that, but nice nonetheless.

ماء

14 Nov 2014, 11:11

matt3o wrote:
ماء wrote: there any way to move index of file://C,D,E:/ ?? to flashdrive/ssd
computer management > disk management > right click on the drive > change drive letter and paths
interisting but my windows error i can see my files through index file when i diskmgmt.msc it just blank :oops:
i cant see my disk there, i want move them all to other PC then interest to try linux

Topre Enthusiast

14 Nov 2014, 11:39

matt3o wrote: this is fun... try to "shake" a software windows (grab from the top bar and more quickly left/right multiple times)...

I didn't know about that. I don't know how useful is that, but nice nonetheless.
Haha yeah I like this one, I use it often at work - and you can shake again to get all windows back. I have a habit also of double-clicking the top-left corner of Windows Explorer windows to close them.

ماء

16 Nov 2014, 14:01

what addon like anonymox?

Halvar

17 Nov 2014, 00:35

Anonymox is a Firefox addon - shouldn't it work in Windows as well as in Linux?

JBert

17 Nov 2014, 15:11

matt3o wrote: this is fun... try to "shake" a software windows (grab from the top bar and more quickly left/right multiple times)...

Most Linux window managers have started to implement this as well. It's not as smooth in e.g. Xfce, but it tends to work with some practice.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

23 Nov 2014, 19:55

Important info about MailBird!

Do not install MailBird! It "phones home" your name and email address over an un-encrypted connection.

I examined the network traffic with a sniffer and the application sends: 1) user session, 2) user name, 3) user email to magicalmailapp.com address over http port 80. They don't ask for permission. It's not possible to opt-out. Indeed you are automatically subscribed to their mailing list.

I contacted them and I spoke with the CTO who says basically that to them name and email are not confidential data (I wrote an article about it if you are interested).

I'd like to know... Am I paranoid? Or an email client should leak your email address?

scottc

23 Nov 2014, 20:06

That's insane. What a shitty piece of software.

DosPordes02

26 Nov 2014, 09:49

why favorite windows software? probably calculator it's been the most useful app i've been using

rosaage

26 Nov 2014, 17:20

SoundSwitch - It lets you change the default sound output device.
Meaning if you have multiple soundcards or like me a usb headset and a set of speakers connected to the normal soundcard you can just press the hotkeys (I have ALT+A) and it changes instanly between the chosen devices. If I want to watch a movie with my speakers I simply press alt+a once and it changes from G930 headset to Speakers. Pretty good :)

macmakkara

26 Nov 2014, 17:30

Hmm... Not really my favorite but can't live without is Displayfusion. http://www.displayfusion.com/ I can get individual taskbars on every screen. (i have 3)

Return to “Off-topic”