1%
Ripster55 for spreading his knowledge on reddit
9%

Total votes: 584

webwit
Wild Duck

27 Nov 2016, 01:01

Sponsored by:
Vote in the final round of this category to win a WhiteFox keyboard and GMK Carbon keycap set from Massdrop!

Round 2 rules:
Please vote for nominees for The Deskthority 2016. This is the "super category". What was extra special in 2016? Who earns the Golden Wingnut?

You can cast a maximum of five votes.

This round is used to trim down the suggested nominees from round 1 - the five entries with the most votes will be promoted to official nominees and make it into the third and final round.

Suggested nominees:
  • The Model MF team - lot_lizard, idollar and wcass (along with Saurer and Tom Wong and input from many others) -- for their tireless work on the mind-blowing Model MF drop-in kit.
  • Snuci -- for his excellent image dump contribution to the Deskthority Wiki.
  • Daniel Beardsmore -- for his never-ending work on the Wiki. I know he won't accept any reward, but he at least deserves the recognition.
  • Chyros for his very informative and interesting youtube videos covering a range of key switches, but most importantly because of that majestic voice of his!
  • SkullyDazed - for running some of the best, most organized drops. Hard to believe its a single person shop!
  • Evan from TheVan Keyboards: for kickstarting my keyboard journey and being such a kind and helpful community member! And also, for attempting to make a modern ALPS keyset and handling the group buy like a champ.
  • XMIT for bringing back an entire switch type.
  • Originative. The TADA68 was a great addition on top of more great GMK sets, and EnjoyPBT dyesubs.
  • Jchan - for running very complicated successful GBs / amazing customer service.
  • Jesse Vincent (aka obra) and Kaia Dekker of Keyboardio for running one of the most transparent crowdfunding campaigns.
  • DreymaR for maintaining The Big Bag of Tricks (USB, Linux, Windows) mostly for Colemak, but it can serve as inspiration to any keyboard user.
  • LeandreN, for his great service for the keyboard building community - I'm thinking at his past and present GB rounds (plates, Nerd60 PCBs and stabilizers), here and at GH.
  • White fox staff- for the incredible keyboard.
  • GMK electronic design GmbH for stepping towards community. They offer now more community friendly prices, custom colors and legends. With time we will see more community specific products which is a good thing.
  • Apolotary because he is doing a lot for the entire community: events (first Tokyo meetup), artisans, proxy services, KB reviews, podcasts, keycaps ICs and so on! He also includes free sweets in every package sent from Japan.
  • The Top Clack team. I really enjoy their streams.
  • Ripster55 for continuing to spread his knowledge on reddit and general shitposting.
The second round ends on Saturday 3 December, 23:59:59 UTC. You can change your vote until the end of the round.
The full results will be published at the end of the awards.

livingspeedbump
Not what they seem

27 Nov 2016, 02:42

Easiest, and only single vote of the day for me. Model MF team was absolutely only real choice for me.

LeandreN

27 Nov 2016, 02:49

Woah. Very very nice to see me on this list. Thanks!

apolotary

27 Nov 2016, 03:20

Wow totally surprised to see myself on the list, thanks everyone!!

Ail

27 Nov 2016, 04:02

Voting Chyros because his videos are informative and entertaining on a subject that most people would probably find rather dry. Second vote to Originative because even though they have a somewhat questionable history of customer service I think they've brought some great products to the market this year that might have not been accessible to many people or possible at all otherwise. Many good choices in this list, all very deserving.

OutragedPudding

27 Nov 2016, 11:07

To me this is a close one between Evan and JChan, though I'm voting for JChan for being so active in this community and bringing out so many interesting items! Awesome guy with a great store. Also he saved manofinterests haha

sherryton

28 Nov 2016, 00:29

Thanks for nominating us! We are very appreciative to the community and all of our customers!

Chyros

28 Nov 2016, 01:01

Ail wrote: Voting Chyros because his videos are informative and entertaining on a subject that most people would probably find rather dry. Second vote to Originative because even though they have a somewhat questionable history of customer service I think they've brought some great products to the market this year that might have not been accessible to many people or possible at all otherwise. Many good choices in this list, all very deserving.
Cheers mate, glad you're enjoying the videos :) .

ohaimark
Kingpin

28 Nov 2016, 09:22

We have over 400 votes in at this time. That means at least 80 people have voted.

Given the fact that some voters use fewer options, our turnout is looking stellar!

Keep up the momentum.

LeandreN

28 Nov 2016, 16:16

ohaimark wrote: We have over 400 votes in at this time. That means at least 80 people have voted.

Given the fact that some voters use fewer options, our turnout is looking stellar!

Keep up the momentum.
That's great, keep it up!

ohaimark
Kingpin

30 Nov 2016, 12:53

500 votes.

If we make it to 538 votes it means that between new members, GH, and /r/MK our participation levels will be doubled compared to last year's awards.

Remind your friends and lurkers to vote. :)

Halvar

30 Nov 2016, 19:31

Don't tell lurkers about the great voter prices! :D

Friends are OK.

chuckdee

30 Nov 2016, 19:37

ohaimark wrote: 500 votes.

If we make it to 538 votes it means that between new members, GH, and /r/MK our participation levels will be doubled compared to last year's awards.

Remind your friends and lurkers to vote. :)
Is this purely for The Deskthority award? A max for all awards? Or an aggregation of all votes?

ohaimark
Kingpin

30 Nov 2016, 19:40

I'm basing this on the most voted in category last year (The Deskthority Lifetime Award) and the most voted in category this year (The Deskthority).

ohaimark
Kingpin

02 Dec 2016, 19:42

We have officially doubled the vote count this year! As I write this, 543 votes have been cast.

webwit
Wild Duck

03 Dec 2016, 00:53

It's heading into possibly the strongest lineup ever! Only 1 day left to cast or change your vote. Vote now!

Return to “Vote for nominees”