Skidata+
13%
Realforce/HHKB stock keycaps
12%

Total votes: 272

Rimrul

04 Dec 2016, 01:32

Sponsored by:
Vote in this round for a chance at winning a Matias Tactile Pro from The Keyboard Company!

Round 3 rules:
Vote for the best keycap set of 2016.

The final round ends on Saturday 10 December, 20:00 UTC. You can change your vote until the end of the round.
The full results will be published at the end of the awards.

Official nominees:

EnjoyPBT
These are thick PBT dyesubs in Cherry profile with many colour and printing options. What more can you ask for in the world of PBT keycaps?

GMK Carbon
Tob3ry's popular Carbon set is back. The popular colourway became available in Cherry profile for the first time.
Thick doubleshot keycaps in a highly sought after colour scheme made in Germany? This was a good recipe for a successful group buy.

Nantucket Selectric
Skullydazed put a nautical spin on his Modern Selectric set that was insired by the IBM selectric family of typewriters with this set of keycaps. Its different colours attracted a new audience, but many buyers of the original set came back for seconds.

Skidata+
Karura worked closely together with GMK to make this set's quality unbeatable. His modifications included reformulated plastics for increased colour accuracy and minimized light bleed. When combined with wide layout compatibility and colourful accents, one arrives at the set shown below:

Realforce/HHKB stock keycaps
Many consider bone stock Topre keycaps to be the best, even when compared with aftermarket alternatives. Regardless, they're nice PBT caps that blow most stock sets out of the water.

Tesel

04 Dec 2016, 04:43

I LOVE the GMK carbon... such a beautiful set of keycaps.

Hydra04

04 Dec 2016, 11:39

I didn't expect these finalists... Still, that C

vivalarevolución
formerly prdlm2009

04 Dec 2016, 23:46

The GMK Carbon almost tempted me to buy a keycap set for the first time in a long time.

fohat
Elder Messenger

05 Dec 2016, 00:24

Yes, I am not into that stuff at all, but I would really love to have a set of those in case I ever get one of XMIT's HE keyboards.

DirtierDan

05 Dec 2016, 00:25

Voted for nantuckit, but sadly I don't have them. :( Missed the drop.

vivalarevolución
formerly prdlm2009

05 Dec 2016, 03:37

fohat wrote: Yes, I am not into that stuff at all, but I would really love to have a set of those in case I ever get one of XMIT's HE keyboards.
Except you need some more awesome super coolkeycaps to allow that backlighting to shine through!

ohaimark
Kingpin

05 Dec 2016, 16:51

In alphabetical order, the top two contenders are:
Spoiler:
EnjoyPBT
GMK Carbon
Please remember to vote!

PollandAkuma

06 Dec 2016, 10:22

I really like Skidata :O But Enjoypbt is bae too!

scottc

06 Dec 2016, 11:05

EnjoyPBT look great but I was disappointed when I tried them out in person. Thinner than expected and the plastic feels a bit too hard which made me worry that they'd be brittle. Original Cherry dyesubs or bust! :evil:

DeskNDL82

06 Dec 2016, 11:52

skidata+

kekstee

06 Dec 2016, 17:13

Skidata+ would deserve is for his work on improving cap quality with GMK

Shihatsu

09 Dec 2016, 10:20

GMK Carbon - just tooo seggsy.

Return to “Final vote”