Best relic or discovery

matt3o
-[°_°]-

10 Dec 2016, 21:45

Sponsored by:
Voters have a chance at winning a MasterMouse and professional mouse mat from Cooler Master!

Winner:
The official nominees for Best relic or discovery 2016 were:

• photekq for the mint Cherry G81-3100SAV
  • emdude for three IBM 3277 keyboards
  • HaaTa for the Topre 39-AA-0101
  • snuci for the Bendix keyboard from NASA
  • snuci for the Canon Cat

The Wingnut, as voted for by the keyboard community, goes to...
Spoiler:
HaaTa's Topre 39-AA-0101
Haata made it again! He is own relentless relic finder and this time he found an OEM 45g uniform Hi-Pro Topre keyboard straight from 1991. After a long cleaning session, this is how it looks in all its splendor.

Runners-up:
Spoiler:
2nd place: snuci for the Bendix keyboard from NASA
Snuci's find dated 1974 is really a relic! This is a Bendix keyboard/control panel that was originally purchased from a surplus auction at the U.S. Space and Rocket Center in Huntsville, Alabama. If it looks like something coming from NASA, that's because it is! More pictures here.

3rd place: photekq for the mint condition Cherry G81-3100SAV
After a 3 year hunt photekq finally found his endgame keyboard: a mint condition Cherry G81-3100SAV. He is understandably happy about it. You can find more pictures about his discovery in the official thread.

Honorable mentions:
Spoiler:
snuci for the Canon Cat
Second entry for our formidable snuci! This time it is a Canon Cat, an advanced typewriter developed by Jef Raskin. Jef helped usher in the Macintosh era during the 70s.

emdude for three IBM 3277 keyboards
After seeing a Craigslist find on the /r/mechanicalkeyboards emdude tried his luck on a local classified website and he couldn't believe his own eyes: not one, not two, but three IBM 3277 Display Terminals with accompanying Beam Spring keyboards. Of course he didn't waste time in grabbing the whole lot!
Congratulations to all participants. Thanks for making the 2016 DTAs extraordinary!

HaaTa
Master Kiibohd Hunter

10 Dec 2016, 22:04

The DT community really had me sweating this year. It makes me soooo happy that others enjoy relic hunting as much as I do.

Also, fellow ebay hunters, if you're worried about me competing against you. PM me first, I'm happy to let someone else in the keyboard community have it (just make sure to take a full set of pictures :D). As long as b***a doesn't get it, everyone wins...

webwit
Wild Duck

10 Dec 2016, 22:06

^ Winner of most Wingnuts throughout DTA history!

Congrats! You must post a picture of your collective one time ;)

Topre Enthusiast

10 Dec 2016, 23:31

Nice win, man. Still jelly over that find!

webwit
Wild Duck

10 Dec 2016, 23:40

You want that keyboard... haha. You need that keyboard.

Topre Enthusiast

11 Dec 2016, 01:47

I totally do want it but what do you offer the man who has everything? :lol:

Halvar

11 Dec 2016, 01:59

You can't beat HaaTa. Congrats! I voted for snuci/NASA, but the old Topre was an amazing find.

HaaTa
Master Kiibohd Hunter

11 Dec 2016, 02:22

ImageDSC08051

I'll take another picture once I receive the new ones :D
(Might have to wait until after CES though)

Oh, and something I never noticed before. On the very first Wingnut package (sent by CF directly) (2nd DTAs).
ImageDSC08049

Just to give a perspective on what my apartment looks like... (it's just not possible to take a picture of all the keyboards anymore...)
ImageDSC08047

matt3o
-[°_°]-

11 Dec 2016, 08:31

there are not enough keyboards in this world for Haata... congrats man!

Wodan
ISO Advocate

11 Dec 2016, 13:10

But ... the CAT! *meeeooow*

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

11 Dec 2016, 13:28

HaaTa wrote: I'll take another picture once I receive the new ones :D
:o :shock:
HaaTa wrote: Just to give a perspective on what my apartment looks like... (it's just not possible to take a picture of all the keyboards anymore...)
That's way worse than my situation... :shock: :lol:

Return to “Results”