11%
SA Dasher
8%

Total votes: 303

webwit
Wild Duck

26 Nov 2017, 20:45

Sponsored by:
Vote in the final round of this category to win a Leopold FC980C Topre and 60% keyboard sleeve from mykeyboard.eu!

Round 2 rules:
Please vote for nominees for the best keycaps in 2017.

You can cast a maximum of five votes.

This round is used to trim down the suggested nominees from round 1 - the five entries with the most votes will be promoted to official nominees and make it into the third and final round.

Suggested nominees:
GMK 9009 R2, absolute classic colorway, lots of sales, and the only new keycap set that was able to crack into my wallet yet

SA Godspeed by MiTo, for how beautiful it recreates old vintage NASA equipment from the same time period as where our beloved spherical keycaps come from. A nice, calm tone of blue paired with creamy alphas, topped off with a few novelties and novelty text caps.

SA Camping by MonkeySix, not only do the maroon red, forest green and also creamy alphas pair so nicely, it exceeded in the department of novelties. Just lovely icons that bring this colorway to a whole other level.

MFcaps for the best booty in the game

MiTo Canvas XDA, I just got mine in last week and they look quite purdy on my ergodox. They are simple, the typeface is nice, they are PBT, and the symbol set makes it a show stopper

GMK Terminal, can't get enough of it!

EnjoyPBT Cherry Profile PBT Dyesubs, whether it's their cyan/magenta Hangul legends, or their black/red Cyrillic legends, these keycaps are super popular and very classy looking

GMK Originative WoB, for bringing back an absolute classic on a wide range of layouts

Leopold PBT doubleshots for the obvious: stock PBT doubleshot keycaps made to a very high standard in tasteful color schemes

GMK Burgundy for being colourful but not gaudy

GMK Honeywell for bringing Round 5 to the cylindrical realm

GMK Oblivion! The ability to switch out the alphas to make your own version of the classic IDE theme, and make it mono or colored. Putting it on my board today, and I'll post a picture!

Is this the year of SA Dasher technically? If so, I'll nominate that gladly :D .
The second round ends on Friday 1 December, 19:00 UTC. You can change your vote until the end of the round.

The full results will be published at the end of the awards.

scottc

26 Nov 2017, 20:49

In previous year, did we show pictures for each entry or was it just for the final round? I feel like it would help.

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

26 Nov 2017, 20:51

scottc wrote: In previous year, did we show pictures for each entry or was it just for the final round? I feel like it would help.
Agreed. Of course that is more work.

7bit

26 Nov 2017, 21:25

Why did nobody nominate my CADET legends?
:cry:

:ugeek:

Oblotzky

26 Nov 2017, 22:27

7bit wrote: Why did nobody nominate my CADET legends?

I thought they already existed in earlier rounds, I totally would have nominated your SpaceCadet! It looks so pretty :cry:

Findecanor

27 Nov 2017, 08:29

Which of these exist in ISO?
Never mind, I'll spend some time looking them up myself and fill in below:

Exist in ISO:
* GMK 9009 R2. International kit run by third party.
* SA Godspeed. Has a "NORDE" kit and a "UK Kit". good
* GMK Terminal
* GMK Originative WoB
* GMK Burgundy
* GMK Honeywell. Red Enter only
* GMK Oblivion. Grey-lettered keys as add-on if you don't fancy lots of colour. Good!
* SA Dasher. Got ErgoDox, NORDE, Colevrak, Planck etc. Nice!
* Canvas XDA. Looks great, profile reminiscent of Apple A1048 but like it it has too wide key tops which I am against because they increase the likelihood of unintentional key presses.

Could not find ISO:
* SA Camping
* EnjoyPBT Hangul or Cyrillic: No, but these are for particular national layouts that don't have ISO Enter. However ... EnjoyPBT also made a similar set with Japanese Hiragana legends -- and that set does not support JIS layout!.
* Leopold PBT doubleshots. Although... Leopold are getting into the European market and their blank PBT are the best blanks I have seen.

I don't ever ...
* MFCaps: It looks like the name of a brand for individual keycaps with different colours, not a single keycap set.

Edit: Corrections.
Last edited by Findecanor on 27 Nov 2017, 15:00, edited 4 times in total.

Khers

27 Nov 2017, 08:33

Most have some level of ISO-compatibility. If you're looking to support sets which included ISO-SE/FI, Dasher is the only set on the list that I know came with those keycaps.

Oblotzky

27 Nov 2017, 14:30

Khers wrote: Most have some level of ISO-compatibility. If you're looking to support sets which included ISO-SE/FI, Dasher is the only set on the list that I know came with those keycaps.
Godspeed had a proper Norde kit as well, and GMK 9009 R2 had a international kit run by a third party that also met MOQ last week.

XDA Canvas all units were made despite the listed MOQ targets.

And SA Camping was not done by Massdrop, it ran via chinese vendor and KeyClack.

webwit
Wild Duck

27 Nov 2017, 22:53

Some people wanted to, but thought there was a rolling deadline until sometime next year :twisted:

Menuhin

28 Nov 2017, 00:13

... I thought someone would have nominated GMK Mute, but no one did. They are the new classics and everyone who has seen the key set in person would ditch the older beige color key cap sets:

(making use of 2 photos the beloved boards of DREllIN to illustrate)
GMK Mute in the middle and normal default Cherry/GMK colorway (GMK 9009 in this case) on the right:

If I have $$$ I will get them.

chuckdee

28 Nov 2017, 01:49

I was thinking about it...but I'd already nominated Oblivion and Honeywell, so didn't.

Chyros

28 Nov 2017, 15:45

I would've, but wasn't that from 2014 or something? xD

Return to “Vote for nominees”